BB GGC problems....

Skyfall_007

CAGiversary!
So I go bestbuy today got a 20 dollar game, grabbed a GGC and wanted to put 5 bucks down onto the GGC. I said wanted to use the coupon, so the person working scans the coupon, and I also wanted to use the gift card, which I just purchased with 5 bucks on the same purchases. He calls up the manager and says it can't be used on the same purchase. Anyone else had this problem before?

Yeah, you can't use it at the exact same time you buy it. A lot of people just leave after buying the GGC and then go back in the store and use it (going to a different cashier is probably good too for avoiding hassles)

Its best to keep a rotating cycle going. Have one then the next time you get a game, get another one put that in your wallet and use your old one.

It's YMMV.

If your BB is filled with big hairy DICKS,.. then this will happen.

Just walk out the doors, and back in, if they argue with you again.

They can't deny your sale.

:)

[quote name='BigNick']Its best to keep a rotating cycle going. Have one then the next time you get a game, get another one put that in your wallet and use your old one.[/quote]

did that today but i used the new one in a different purchase like 1 minute after

picked up katamari damacy and syphon filter omega stain for 31$

[quote name='drone8888']It's YMMV.

If your BB is filled with big hairy DICKS,.. then this will happen.

Just walk out the doors, and back in, if they argue with you again.

They can't deny your sale.

:)[/quote]

exactly

This is how I do it:

1) Buy # of gift cards with $5 that I need GGC's for.
2) Walk to car and remove gift cards and GGC's from jewel cases, toss jewel cases into car.
3) Walk back into store and make purchase of games.

Once you leave the premises and then walk back in, you're a new customer.

I try to keep 1-3 coupons on hand in case I have to pick up multiple titles at once.

Also it's good to put money on a GGC in the same transaction as buying a game. Numerous times the cashier has scanned the coupon on the new gift card first, instead of scanning the back of the gift card. When she finally scans the gift card to put money on it, the coupon is already in the system, and I don't have to use another one.

heh, so i went in to do this with a purchase, and i go to the same lady twice, once to buy the card, another to buy the game; she tells me, you know you could have just done this all at once...

Last night I wen to BB and bought three GGC cards to pick up two copies of Red Dead Revolver and one copy of Omega Strain. So I went up to the counter and the girl scanned only the first one three times. She didn't know what I was trying to do. Then when she realized... she just scanned the coupon on one of the games three times, then she scanned the games and that's it. I didn't even have to buy the GGC

Needless to say I went to coconuts and sold omega strain and one of the red dead revolvers for 51 dollars in cash. I got my money back, made a buck, and a got a great game for free

I've never had a problem buying it and using it at the same time. But if they gave me grief, I'd just do what everyone has suggested. Buy the card and then get back in line to buy the game with it.

I'm surprised the manager didn't just okay it for you, why be a dick to a customer?

You can't use them on the same transaction. That is something that is pretty much impossible due to the fact that you're buying the gift card you want to use.

My Best Buy has never given me any grief about using the package deal all in one visit. I have, however, recieved many confused faces when I try to explain the situation.

Fortunately for me, most of the cashier's at my Best Buy know the routine now.

[quote name='Rodego']Yeah, you can't use it at the exact same time you buy it. A lot of people just leave after buying the GGC and then go back in the store and use it (going to a different cashier is probably good too for avoiding hassles)[/quote]

Yeah, don't be a lazyassgamer, it'll make you a fatassgamer. What I usually do is go to my car, take the card from the CD case, keep the CD case ( you'll always need them later) and go back in nad use the 15.00 that I put on my card just minutes before, therefore paying for its self.

I've never said this before on CAG . . . I'm pretty generous and forgiving as a person (just ask around).

But you're an idiot (at least in this instance).

For everyone using the GGC coupon . . . use it responsibly or it will vanish.

The intention of BB is to sell gift cards that people will give away . . . along the way they give a nifty $5 off coupon. If it is totally obvious that they are mostly be used at the point-of-sale they will discontinue the coupon!!!!

So, put at least $5 on it . . . or $15 since you need to spend $15 w/coupon anyway. People thought they were smart putting one penny on it . . . stupid move . . . they are going to keep track of stats like that at corporate.

Use one? Buy another and hang onto it for later.

[quote name='Crusader'][quote name='schultzed']

But you're an idiot (at least in this instance).

.[/quote]

Thats harsh.[/quote]

It was meant to be taken somewhat sarcastically.

But not only did he do the deed to begin with . . . then he dosen't understand BBs argument . . . and he's still scratching his head and creating a thread about this?????????????

I know I've made huge mistakes in my life . . . but I usually know when I'm being silly.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I guess its possible that the money you put on the gift card may not be in the system for several minutes.[/quote]

Did this for Midway Arcade Treasures 2, I think the cashier was new. She seemed confused when I asked to put $16 on the gift card. She seemed confused when I headed back towards the games instead of the exit after this purchase. Then when I handed over the game, gift card, and a nickel, I think it finally dawned on her. This took 2 minutes tops, don't worry about the time inbetween.

[quote name='6669']You think you have problems with the GGC, my BB 's don't even have them.[/quote]

That would be a problem. Just a stockout? Or just stopped carrying them?

[quote name='sying'][quote name='6669']You think you have problems with the GGC, my BB 's don't even have them.[/quote]

That would be a problem. Just a stockout? Or just stopped carrying them?[/quote]

Some BB's don't carry them anymore.

Schultzed, I see your point, but 15 bucks will be spent at BB either way you look at it. If I spend a penny on the gift card, I still have to pay 15 dollars for the game, which is basically the same as putting 15 dollars on the gift card.

When I do my gift card purchase, I put $5 on each card. I used to put $16 on it. I decided with the ass-ness that my local BB's have shown me, I'd rather have them sit on $5 of my money, rather than $16, if I decide to take the game back.

$5 is the "suggested" minimum, and I'm sticking to it.

Kids, please remember to not try and do it in the same deal... at least walk the shaq-fu out of the store for 15 minutes... and then make sure NOT to use the same cashier. It is a big store, find another friggin cashier.

CAGs have reported that some BBs are refusing to take BB GGCs because pinheads... I mean people... make the abuse too obvious. If the BB GGC gets abused, BB is going to pull it, and then u all will be crying in your frosty beverage.

The moral of the story is don't be a stupid dick, be a smart cheap ass.

[quote name='donssword']Kids, please remember to not try and do it in the same deal... at least walk the shaq-fu out of the store for 15 minutes... and then make sure NOT to use the same cashier. It is a big store, find another friggin cashier.

CAGs have reported that some BBs are refusing to take BB GGCs because pinheads... I mean people... make the abuse too obvious. If the BB GGC gets abused, BB is going to pull it, and then u all will be crying in your frosty beverage.

The moral of the story is don't be a stupid dick, be a smart cheap ass.[/quote]

Of course in some Best Buys, you don't get to choose your cashier. That is always a problem.

[quote name='donssword']CAGs have reported that some BBs are refusing to take BB GGCs because pinheads... I mean people... make the abuse too obvious. If the BB GGC gets abused, BB is going to pull it, and then u all will be crying in your frosty beverage.[/quote]

The moral of the story is that if BB stops the GGC, then all of the people who use it, including myself, will most likely take their money and go elsewhere. BB is taking a $5 hit on a $20 game, which means they're seeing income of $15 + tax on an item that might not be sold. Yes, I know, that $20 full price of the item could be picked up by someone else, though when you're in for one item, you usually look around for something else, since you've already spent the gas money getting there.

If they want to stop allowing the GGC, then BB stops getting my money for game purchases, and I'll go to CC, TRU, or somewhere else.

Has anyone seen the new GGC? I just saw a stack of them next to the old one's They are green and silver and have NO coupons on the back!! :shock: :evil:

[quote name='Indiana']Has anyone seen the new GGC? I just saw a stack of them next to the old one's They are green and silver and have NO coupons on the back!! :shock: :evil:[/quote]

I found the 2005 GGC at my local BB and found it did have the coupon on it. It looks much different than the old one, though there was a coupon on the back. I grabbed some pics of the front and back of the GGC, though where they're being hosted is being very assy at the moment.

[quote name='beerguy961']Seriously, how hard is it to put some money on it, walk outside, grab the coupon, grab the game, and go and pay for it?[/quote]

My local 2 BB here only has 1 side entrance and I would be too obvious if the same security person at the entrance sees me entering the same day again. :lol:

[quote name='Vtdgnca']My local 2 BB here only has 1 side entrance and I would be too obvious if the same security person at the entrance sees me entering the same day again. :lol:[/quote]

Hell, I do that all the time. If you walk out of the store and walk back in again, you're a new customer. If you're really worried about it, step off their property and step back onto their property.

Some cashiers are good at my best buy, but it's like a minefield, with a few stupid ones scattered around. One cashier just did not get the concept of the card, she insisted that "cannot use on same purchase" meant that the coupon can't be used in conjunction with the gift card. This was a pain... I had been going totally by the book too, since I had purchased the card on a previous visit a couple weeks back. Royal pain in the ass. And my Best Buy is set up so that you can't choose the cashier... everyone goes through one long-ass line and they route you to a cashier once you get to the front.

bread's done
Back