BB - Halloween Movie sale Blu-Rays plus Evil Dead BR 9.99 and Coupon

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting a long time for a sale on the Saw VI Blu-ray...

Picked it up at Best Buy today (with a free blu-ray of the original Saw inside) for $10.

Might have to bite on Evil Dead finally. Especially if amazon PMs.

Yeah. I'm thinking if I get the job tomorrow after the interview, I'll stop by best buy and pick up Evil Dead and Iron Man 2..nothing like rewarding yourself every so often ;)

I saw these in store today, I was going to post about Frozen, it came out last week and it's $9.99 this week. Of course, I have no idea if it's any good.

[quote name='gravel']I saw these in store today, I was going to post about Frozen, it came out last week and it's $9.99 this week. Of course, I have no idea if it's any good.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. Gave me some good laughs, even though it was supposed to have the opposite effect on most people.

I will probably pick up Evil Dead, Hellraiser, Evil Dead 2, Day Breakers, Army of Darkness (Whole evil dead set for almost 34 bucks = hell yeah), and MAYBE dead and buried.

Thanks OP!

Going to be really hard not to grab Evil Dead at that price...even though I already own at least 2 other versions on DVD. Damn them for all these iterations without finally including Within in the Woods.

Behind the Mask: Rise of Leslie Vernon is a good movie, but those assholes cut all the decent selection of special features which were on the DVD, so no sale.

Also would like to pick-up Daybreakers, but I'll wait for the magic $10 price point.

picked up Evil Dead and Dead Snow (anyone who hasn't seen this, but liked evil dead, needs to blind buy this NOW!)

thanks a lot for the post.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Going to be really hard not to grab Evil Dead at that price...even though I already own at least 2 other versions on DVD. Damn them for all these iterations without finally including Within in the Woods.

[/QUOTE]

No shit that pisses me off to no end. :bomb: I'm afraid to pickup any of the blu-rays based on the amount of times the movies got released on dvd.

Hoping amazon PM's evil dead just for the prime shipping, but still, I have an interview tomorrow with a Best Buy a few miles away, so I think I'll pick that up regardless of the outcome.

Anyone have any opinions on Army of Darkness blu-ray? I have evil dead 2 book edition, but the AoD I have is the original Universal barebones release. Got at a flea market for 3 washingtons and shelved it. Worth 13 on blu?

[quote name='postulio']picked up Evil Dead and Dead Snow (anyone who hasn't seen this, but liked evil dead, needs to blind buy this NOW!)

thanks a lot for the post.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Dead Snow as well, I remember watching a trailer on "I Sell the Dead" which is another great movie that you wont be disappointed with.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Anyone have any opinions on Army of Darkness blu-ray? I have evil dead 2 book edition, but the AoD I have is the original Universal barebones release. Got at a flea market for 3 washingtons and shelved it. Worth 13 on blu?[/QUOTE]
One link, 5 different reviews
http://hddb.net/reviews/army-of-darkness-screwhead-edition-996473-blu-ray

Consensus appears to be so-so video with most of the special features (like the commentary track) left on the floor. It's also the theatrical edition, not the director's cut.

After store opening today, I picked up The Collector, Halloween, The Mist, Frozen, along with the only Toy Story 3 steelbook I saw on the shelves, and I noticed after I left, that the cashier didn't scan Frozen so I ended up getting it free. And I was considering getting it when it came out last Tue. when it was around $25, glad I waited lol.

Also, kinda funny that Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) is in this movie trying to avoid freezing to death.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Hoping amazon PM's evil dead just for the prime shipping, but still, I have an interview tomorrow with a Best Buy a few miles away, so I think I'll pick that up regardless of the outcome.

Anyone have any opinions on Army of Darkness blu-ray? I have evil dead 2 book edition, but the AoD I have is the original Universal barebones release. Got at a flea market for 3 washingtons and shelved it. Worth 13 on blu?[/QUOTE]

It's a shittier version of the HD-DVD release, with DNR and additional EE; only positives are scratch removal and possibly audio.

If you have an HD-DVD player, just get that one for like $3, otherwise I'd wait for a re-release/remaster.

Ah, thanks then. I'll just stick with this DVD release. Looks like I'll be heading in for Evil Dead at least!

[quote name='lolwut?']It's a shittier version of the HD-DVD release, with DNR and additional EE; only positives are scratch removal and possibly audio.

If you have an HD-DVD player, just get that one for like $3, otherwise I'd wait for a re-release/remaster.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's nuts. I'm guess I'm extra happy with my cheap HD DVD now. Thanks for the info.

I am now regretting the purchase of my new 360 slim yesterday.. im tight on "toy" cash as my girl likes to say but i still might pick up saw 1,3,4,5,6 and dead snow

would like to get evil dead, frozen, crazies, army of darkness and a few others.. jesus alot of great horror for cheap i might return my 360 and see if i can get a slim on black friday for cheap

Dead snow is great, but if anyone is on the fence about it and you have netflix, its available on instant streaming in HD.

[quote name='bdb2m']Dead snow is great, but if anyone is on the fence about it and you have netflix, its available on instant streaming in HD.[/QUOTE]

I'll second this. Personally, there are multiple titles I'd rather get than Dead Snow in this sale, but this is still a good, fun zombie movie.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Picking up Planet Terror and Death Proof

Night Watch and Day Watch is also pretty good[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend getting the new ultimate edition coming out tomorrow. Supposedly a much better transfer and it is how it was presented in theaters.

The Omen Collection at $29.99 is tempting, but I'm irritated that they left Omen IV off of it. Yeah, it's not that great a movie (though given that it was made for TV, it really wasn't bad), but it not being in there means that I can't totally replace my DVD set with this one. :bomb:

Also, what the hell is up with Monsters Vs. Aliens being in this middle of this list? :lol:

[quote name='freshzen']So how exactly do I save "...or two" with a 10% coupon for a $9.99 purchase.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the RZ coupons are completely YMMV as they don't work with sale items, and it is written on the coupon, so just depends on if the manager approves it or not since if you scan in the coupon it doesn't go through in the system since it knows it's a sale item.

If you're only buying one, sometimes the manager just lets it slide, or the employee won't care either and overrides it for you, but most of the time they still have to check with a manager.

[quote name='arcane93']The Omen Collection at $29.99 is tempting, but I'm irritated that they left Omen IV off of it. Yeah, it's not that great a movie (though given that it was made for TV, it really wasn't bad), but it not being in there means that I can't totally replace my DVD set with this one. :bomb:
[/QUOTE]

Omen Collection is $23.99 at Amazon.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Omen Collection is $23.99 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I've got something like $25 in Reward Zone certificates that I need to use before they expire. :) Thanks, though.

The Saw VI I looked at didn't come with Saw I. So I just scooped up Evil Dead and Iron Man 2. Figured I'd sell the DVD and get a few bucks back. Haven't rewarded myself in awhile, so I thought what the heck...need a few more blu's to accompany my new LED ;)

So I'm guessing that this is not online only like the site claims? It seems like people are finding these in store as well.

Thanks for the post!

Nabbed from this sale:

Hatchet - $10
The Shining - $13
Frozen - $10
1408 - $10

Plus, in what was a nice surprise, Role Models was $10 so I went for that, too. I also bought Grindhouse because I've been waiting since I saw the damn movie in theaters for it to come out as one collective entity.

Also, they did not have the 2 Disc edition of Evil Dead, hence, I did not buy Evil Dead. This was at the Wooster, OH BB for those curious about going.

Just got Evil Dead.

I was going to get The Strangers also, however, Amazon has the "The Thing + The Strangers 2 Pack" for 23 bucks so I went that route.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Nabbed from this sale:

Hatchet - $10
The Shining - $13
Frozen - $10
1408 - $10

Plus, in what was a nice surprise, Role Models was $10 so I went for that, too. I also bought Grindhouse because I've been waiting since I saw the damn movie in theaters for it to come out as one collective entity.

Also, they did not have the 2 Disc edition of Evil Dead, hence, I did not buy Evil Dead. This was at the Wooster, OH BB for those curious about going.[/QUOTE]

There is no 2 disc edition of Evil Dead, is there?

bread's done
Back