BB - Halloween Movie sale Blu-Rays plus Evil Dead BR 9.99 and Coupon

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chimpster1313']The Limited Edition is 2 disc, I thought.[/QUOTE]
That is correct. Many stores do not have the 2-disc limited edition and instead only have the 1-disc version.

[quote name='Techsticles']That is correct. Many stores do not have the 2-disc limited edition and instead only have the 1-disc version.[/QUOTE]

Hmm . . . looks like even Amazon doesn't have it. What's on this mythical second disc that makes it worth tracking down? If it's just a DVD or a digital copy or something like that, I'm fine with the single-disc version.

Some of these movies are cheaper at Deep Discount like $8.14 for the Omen, From Hell, and The Hills have Eyes 2 and a few others. Also they have Almost all the Saw for $9.58 each and others. So if ya'll wanted to buy from them no taxes + FS or tell Amazon about a lower price so that they could PM them!!!

[quote name='arcane93']Hmm . . . looks like even Amazon doesn't have it. What's on this mythical second disc that makes it worth tracking down? If it's just a DVD or a digital copy or something like that, I'm fine with the single-disc version.[/QUOTE]

I thought the 2 disc was just Blu + DVD, I could be wrong though

[quote name='gregnied']I thought the 2 disc was just Blu + DVD, I could be wrong though[/QUOTE]
The second disc is a DVD, but it has most of the special features.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Evil-Dead-Blu-ray/9962/#Review
The Evil Dead's Blu-ray debut actually comes with most of the special features plopped onto a separate DVD disc; only a new commentary track, recorded in late 2009, with Writer/Director Sam Raimi, Producer Robert Tapert, and Actor Bruce Campbell is found on the Blu-ray disc. The commentary is a strong one, with the participants exploring the picture's origins and the state of filmmaking and the distribution system in the late 1970s, speaking on the people that helped make the picture possible, the business aspect of filmmaking, technical information, the shooting schedule, the general grind of the shoot and the difficulties surrounding it both in front of and behind the camera, the casting process and choice of shooting locales, the challenges of applying the makeup, creating the gore effects, tales from the set, and plenty more. This is a coherent, informative, and easy listen; longtime fans of the film will want to upgrade for this track alone, though the high quality video and audio presentations don't hurt, either.

The DVD disc contains a plethora of extras, all presented in standard definition, broken down into three categories: "Featurettes," "Trailer & TV spots," and "Photo Gallery." "Featurettes" contains the bulk of this package's supplements, beginning with One By One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of 'The Evil Dead' (53:46). This is a massive, absorbing, and all-encompassing documentary that examines the making of the film, its effects, its reception, the quality of Sam Raimi's direction, and much more. 'The Evil Dead:' Treasures From the Cutting Room Floor (59:24) is a massive collection of various raw alternate takes and footage from the making of the film. The Ladies of 'The Evil Dead' Meet Bruce Campbell (28:55) features Campbell and his three female co-stars reminiscing on the making of the film. Discovering 'The Evil Dead' (13:06) looks at how The Evil Dead became a Horror favorite. Next is Unconventional (19:09), a piece that features the cast discussing film conventions and their experiences in working them. At the Drive-In (12:04) features the cast giving away copies of The Evil Dead DVD at a screening of the film. Reunion Panel (31:19) sees the cast of the film speaking and answering questions at the Flashback Weekend Horror Convention in Chicago on July 30, 2005. Book of the Dead: The Other Pages (1:57) contains footage of Ash flipping through every page in the book. Finally, Make-Up Test (1:08) is a string of footage testing out some of the film's makeup and special effects. Also included in this set is the film's theatrical trailer (1:54), four TV spots (0:33 each), and a photo gallery.

If you care about extras, the 2 disc version is worth tracking down; like the above post states, it's choc-full-o stuff.

Plus this limited edition is actually limited.

Officially completed my Saw collection, needed IV & VI, never paid more than $10 for any of them. Now I have to talk my wife in to watching them all with me before the new one comes out.

Thanks for the coupon, OP!

Just used it a BB. The cute cashier let me use it the coupon a day early, use it on three sales items, stack it with a $10 Disney coupon, and use the reward zone card of the guy in front of me. I thought about asking her out but thought I'd be pushing my luck.

They also had the Iron Man 2 3-disc combo waiting for me for $15. No hassles.

Hmm...didn't realize Evil Dead BR had a limited edition. Ah well, I just got the 1-disc but that's cool. On a lighter note, I sold the extra DVD that came with the blu for 16 on eBay. After fees and whatnot I should get around 14...6 bucks for iron man 2 on blu? Yes please.

Anyone else wondering why Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog is on here? I loved it, but I didn't think it was really something that would be included in a Halloween themed sale.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Is amazon's the 2-disc? If so I'd rebuy it for 9.99 and sell the other one.[/QUOTE]

According to Anchor Bay's site, the bonus disc was only included with the initial shipment of the evil dead blu ray, so its likely that most online stores will now only have the 1 disc version, while some B&M stores might still have 2 disk version left on the shelf.

Either way, there are plenty of other great movies to pick up now. The Omen Collection on Blu Ray for $23.99 is a steal.

Hit my local Best Buy yesterday. Apparently also part of the sale, but not listed is Zombie Strippers on bluray, which is horrible in all the right ways. :)

Grabbed it and Dead Snow for $9.99 each. Woo!

Picked up Planet Terror yesterday while getting some penny guides; I wasn't a big fan of Death Proof, so the Grindhouse package doesn't interest me enough to say no to $10 Rose McGowan with a machine gun leg.

[quote name='exRounder']anyone who picked up evil dead get one without a sticker on top?[/QUOTE]

indeed, cellophane wrap (not shrink wrapped) and no stickers on top, side or bottom.

[quote name='jonlubbe']indeed, cellophane wrap (not shrink wrapped) and no stickers on top, side or bottom.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the prompt response! i was wondering if i'd have to stay up all night before i could open it - really appreciate it

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Either way, there are plenty of other great movies to pick up now. The Omen Collection on Blu Ray for $23.99 is a steal.[/QUOTE]

This was one of the worst packaging movies I have ever seen.

Seriously awful. There is no plastic and the disks are held in by some styrofoam. I got my in yesterday and 2 disks were loose in the package.

My BB was OOS on the Evil Dead LE but my grandma and aunt were able to price match it at Walmart and I got one of the last 2 LE copies. So happy.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Is amazon's the 2-disc? If so I'd rebuy it for 9.99 and sell the other one.[/QUOTE]

I just got the one I ordered today and it was the 2-disc limited edition even though it says it's the 1-disc version on the page. Take that for what you will.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']I just got the one I ordered today and it was the 2-disc limited edition even though it says it's the 1-disc version on the page. Take that for what you will.[/QUOTE]

Same. Mine arrived today as well from amazon and its the 2 disc.

Hmm..should I bite should I bite...

Also, do all the Saw IV's come with the first saw? I looked at one tonight that had no indication whatsoever.

EDIT:

Amazon's evil dead now says ships in 1-3 weeks. Oh well..maybe I can find it SOMEWHERE. I know my walmart had the LE but I went in and they don't even have the movie anymore. I almost never watch any special features, but it's just something I wanna have as a completionist :/

I picked up Trick 'r Treat on Blu-Ray for 9.99 also. At the store it is listed as 12.99. I did not see it in the original link to sale prices.
Side note: I forgot to pick up X-Files on sale! Grrr!!!

[quote name='mr_bungle']
Also, do all the Saw IV's come with the first saw? I looked at one tonight that had no indication whatsoever.

[/QUOTE]

The Saw VI's (Not IV's) that come with the original movie have a sticker on the front that indicate this. I've seen a new run of these that do not include the first Saw, so it seems to be a limited time deal.

[quote name='joshnorm']This was one of the worst packaging movies I have ever seen.

Seriously awful. There is no plastic and the disks are held in by some styrofoam. I got my in yesterday and 2 disks were loose in the package.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna get the DVD box set then, thanks. It also includes Omen IV which, apparently sucks, I'd rather have the full collection. Blu does not have IV on it for whatever reason.

And I'm now upset I didn't order Evil Dead from Amazon. I wanted the Limited. =/

bread's done
Back