BB is shaq-fuing me out of my GOW2 RC Tank

registered

CAGiversary!
It looks like Best Buy may have pulled at bait and switch on the free RC tank with pre-order of GOW2. What makes this even more bullshit is that they sent me a confirmation email on the 5th that the game has been shipped. I got an email tonight saying the RC tank is back ordered. I called the number in the email and they don't have any idea when a new shipment will be in or if it will even be restocked.

I'm told my options are to wait indefinitely for the RC tank.
Wait for the game to come, spend my gas, and my time returning the item in store.
Or put it back in the box and it ship back to them were they will eventually give me my refund.

Even after complaining about this in multiple calls the best they can do to make up for it is to try and buy me off with a coupon. Like I'm going to give them more money to put it in my ass.

As crappy as Circuit City's service was I can't help but feel like the service at Best Buy is just going to get worst with their absence.

Has anyone else gotten a back order email on their GOW2 RC tank? Or am I just an unlucky fuck?

Doesn't it say somewhere that the tank is valued at $29.95ish? If you can find that statement somewhere, you should hold like a brickhouse until BB either gives you a tank or the value of the item they promised: $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't pre-order items *while supplies last*? Gamestop pulled that shit on me, sent me my order but never sent me my bonus item.

[quote name='gokou36']Aren't pre-order items *while supplies last*? Gamestop pulled that shit on me, sent me my order but never sent me my bonus item.[/quote]

It's Gamestop. What the fuck did you expect? They're the kings of giving it to customers, in the bad way.:whistle2:#

However, I'd hold out for the tank or the value of it, registered. Although, they may pull the 'while supplies last' shit on you too.

That really sucks OP and I hope you get a tank in the end. I kinda warned of this type of situation happening in the GoW2 RC Tank thread a while back because it was reported on n4g.com. Basically the tank is given out to pre-order customers on a first come, first serve basis. Most stores received a minimum of 7 per store so a ton of people got screwed out of one. I really hope you get one though because are fucking cool!

Gas is back under $2 a gallon now so let's stop whining about using gas unless you are driving across country.

I got the confirmation that my game was shipping on 10/7, and I also got the back order notice too,

I pre-ordered with BB way back on 10/8 but I also ordered another one for my neighbor, through CC w/ms points,
plus for doing it as a favor and he said I could keep ms card, so I did that on 11/5 his Gears LE came today..

but he's out of town till next week, at least I got one game today, but no ms points they're shipping from another location..

I'd say BB dropped down below CC service on this one..

So.. stupid question.

Did you actually go to a few stores and see if they had any tanks? Or call them and ask them to hold one since your online order got screwed up?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']So.. stupid question.

Did you actually go to a few stores and see if they had any tanks? Or call them and ask them to hold one since your online order got screwed up?[/quote]
I checked around yesterday and my local stores didn't receive any either. In fact, they claimed around 250 stores didn't get the tanks due to customs holding the shipment. As to whether or not I'd get a tank with my online order I couldn't get a definite answer (even with "can I return my online order and rebuy in-store for a free tank?") since they didn't know if they'd have enough for preorders.

I'm just going to dump my online order at a B&M for a $70 refund since I don't think they'll send the tank.

[quote name='Guerrilla']I checked around yesterday and my local stores didn't receive any either. In fact, they claimed around 250 stores didn't get the tanks due to customs holding the shipment. As to whether or not I'd get a tank with my online order I couldn't get a definite answer (even with "can I return my online order and rebuy in-store for a free tank?") since they didn't know if they'd have enough for preorders.

I'm just going to dump my online order at a B&M for a $70 refund since I don't think they'll send the tank.[/quote]

Go there and ask for the value of the tank, which is $30. you are entitled to it. they should take off $30 of the limited edition.

Or have them price match toys r us ad which shows limited edition as $60 then the 30 off for 30 bucks for the limited editiion..

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Go there and ask for the value of the tank, which is $30. you are entitled to it. they should take off $30 of the limited edition.

Or have them price match toys r us ad which shows limited edition as $60 then the 30 off for 30 bucks for the limited editiion..[/quote]
Yeah, I'll see about that when it comes in, but I really don't feel like giving BB my money because of this crap. Instead I'm giving my money to CC, since they actually gave me a 1600 point card and market competition is good.

[quote name='Demontooth']Gas is back under $2 a gallon now so let's stop whining about using gas unless you are driving across country.[/quote]

It is? What country do you live in?

The reason why it is backordered is because a huge amount of them got stopped at customs. About 250 stores did not receive them instore thus the online orders must have been put on hold. They are coming just delayed. I know this because I work there and got an email about it. You can always try going to the store and buying it there and returning the other one. My store had over 90 tanks with just 33 preorders.

Edit: You can also argue till your face turns blue but you wont get them to take $30 off the price. Just an FYI.

[quote name='NJMane']The reason why it is backordered is because a huge amount of them got stopped at customs. About 250 stores did not receive them instore thus the online orders must have been put on hold. They are coming just delayed. I know this because I work there and got an email about it. You can always try going to the store and buying it there and returning the other one. My store had over 90 tanks with just 33 preorders.

Edit: You can also argue till your face turns blue but you wont get them to take $30 off the price. Just an FYI.[/quote]

the employees at the best buy here took down my information and said they would call when the tanks arrived. so, i should be ok right? being a huge fan, i'm just concerned i won't get my tank :(

[quote name='supermodestmouse']the employees at the best buy here took down my information and said they would call when the tanks arrived. so, i should be ok right? being a huge fan, i'm just concerned i won't get my tank :([/quote]

Yeah Id call them everyday until you get a tank.

My BB has a stack of a hundred.
They look very nice.
I hear they don't work very well.
Can't you just be patient and wait calmly.
Why is everybody such a spaz these days.
Are you 10?

There was a memo sent out about the tanks.

250 stores did in fact NOT receive the shipments of tanks. I do not know why. The whole customs thing could be true but I do not know. All pre-orders and people buying the limited edition GOW 2 should be getting rainchecks for the tank. When it comes in you should be notified via email, phone, or us mail. Your choice. Hope this clears up for everyone. We are a small BBY and we are getting in 110 Tanks.

[quote name='gordojones88']My BB has a stack of a hundred.
They look very nice.
I hear they don't work very well.
Can't you just be patient and wait calmly.
Why is everybody such a spaz these days.
Are you 10?[/quote]

well, the simple fact is that best buy could easily cancel everyone's stuff. I could have ordered gears from anywhere else, but i ordered from there specifically becuase of teh extra item (tank) they said they'd give you.

it's kind of a principal thing too...it's not cool to say you have something, then say, we don't...we may get it to you later...we'll see. especially when there's a large fan base, a midnight launch, and lines of people.

[quote name='mike.m']It is? What country do you live in?[/QUOTE]

I paid $1.89 the other day. It gave me a stiffie.

My Best Buy had a stack of them with a sign that says you get one free with purchase of the LE. This was in Oxford, AL. Hold out, OP. I'm sure you'll still get yours.

I'm with the one guy : It was a free bonus. Why are you bitching it took them a few extra days for your free $30 rc tank? I bought from them for the same reason. I got the game on the 10th along with an e-mail saying the tank was back-ordered. The 11th I got an e-mail saying the tank was sent it.

Excercise your right to return your game, but you don't need to bitch so much about a free extra that you will be getting. They never even said you wouldnt : Backordered. That means sometimes shit happens, like customs holding shipments, so please be patient.

bread's done
Back