BB matches CC $10 GC deals YMMV

jacean

CAG Veteran
So YMMV but the local Ocoee/Winter Garden, FL (Orlando Area) Best Buys are matching the deals on all the new games Circuit City but instead of bothering to give the $10 gift card they just took $10 off the game price at time of purchase. So between that and a rewards coupon for 12% and a save $10 on games coupon when spending more than $75 and a $5 off pre-order coupon (collectors edition ) I got Little Big Planet and Fallout 3 CE. I ended up getting both after tax for about 95$ and considering the Fallout 3 CE was $79.99 starting I essentially got LBP for $15

[quote name='jacean']So YMMV but the local Ocoee/Winter Garden, FL (Orlando Area) Best Buys are matching the deals on all the new games Circuit City but instead of bothering to give the $10 gift card they just took $10 off the game price at time of purchase. So between that and a rewards coupon for 12% and a save $10 on games coupon when spending more than $75 and a $5 off pre-order coupon (collectors edition ) I got Little Big Planet and Fallout 3 CE. I ended up getting both after tax for about 95$ and considering the Fallout 3 CE was $79.99 starting I essentially got LBP for $15[/quote]

I would have to say this is a rarity. I don't see many BB's accepting that many promos, especially since most say cannot combine with other offers. Kudos on the sweet deal though.:)

[quote name='JokerCard']Do you know if they typed in a code?[/quote]

nope. spoke to the sales rep. Showed them the ad. They verified it on the cc website. Then the manager authorized it.

Pretty smooth transaction actually.

[quote name='neudog']I would have to say this is a rarity. I don't see many BB's accepting that many promos, especially since most say cannot combine with other offers. Kudos on the sweet deal though.:)[/quote]

Really? Maybe it's the area but BB around here seem to accept just about any deals. Even from printed out ads for net deals.

[quote name='guessed']Huge YMMV, and certainly not deserving of its own thread.

Congrats on getting them to stack all of that, though.[/quote]

Perhaps. But with CC pushing it's buy here and get a gift card to try to force repeat buyers, BB might be far more willing to just at least give the $10 off or a BB GC. And a BB GC beats a CC GC anyday.

This is a huge YMMV, I talked to a family member who works customer service for BB and they said they would not approve this in their store.

[quote name='jacean']Really? Maybe it's the area but BB around here seem to accept just about any deals. Even from printed out ads for net deals.[/quote]

Most will not stack deals though. You can usually get a price match to an ad, but getting them to do that, give an instant discount instead of the GCs, and on top of that take not one, but two coupons -- the planets must have been aligned just right.

[quote name='guessed']Most will not stack deals though. You can usually get a price match to an ad, but getting them to do that, give an instant discount instead of the GCs, and on top of that take not one, but two coupons -- the planets must have been aligned just right.[/quote]
Agreed. The computers will not allow the stacking to occur. The transaction would need to be overridden by a manager.

My BB changes the offers price match by the hour. One day they will match gift card promos from CC and then the next day the same person will say no.

It is not corporate policy to match such offers so it is cool that your BB is so willing to help you out, ever once in a while I can get my BB to match but it is never a guarantee.

[quote name='langdon_alger']I actually had my BB match with LAST WEEKS CC Ad. So they took off $15, I had $20 in reward certs I used so I got LBP for $25 plus tax.[/quote]

Yeah, rewards certificates don't count as an offer, so they were only applying one offer (price match) in this case.

The whole taking $10 off the game, then adding the $10 gift card just happened to me at Best Buy when I picked up my Fallout 3: CE. Was inquiring if BB would even PM the GC offer, and she just kinda did it for me without me having the ad.

My experiences with BB price matching has been horrible. I don't even shop there anymore as a result. I would rather go to GameStop.

Damn I wish I had known about the coupon before going out and price-matching Bioshock and LittleBigPlanet gift cards.

I had to argue for a while and show them where it says on the website that gift cards are included. In the end they took $10 off the price of each game.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

Yeah, I have that printed off for the next time I try a BB pricematch. The stores around here did it with no problems a few months ago, then all of a sudden they refused to do it; must have been a directive from a regional manager. The thing is, when they refused the last time, I bought the product at CC and got the gift card, and so I've been using the gift card to buy the next "get $10 card" game. It's a neverending cycle, and I take pleasure that BB has lost so much money from me.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']Damn I wish I had known about the coupon before going out and price-matching Bioshock and LittleBigPlanet gift cards.

I had to argue for a while and show them where it says on the website that gift cards are included. In the end they took $10 off the price of each game.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."[/quote]

I hear ya, but I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a price match. As a consumer they should jump through hoops to get my business.

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."[/quote]

I thought this is what the first post was going to have in it. This is good info that has been popping up here lately, and the more best buy customer service reps see it, the less hassle it will be for us when we expect them to honor their own policy on gift cards.

[quote name='jacean']So between that and a rewards coupon for 12% and a save $10 on games coupon when spending more than $75 and a $5 off pre-order coupon (collectors edition ) I got Little Big Planet and Fallout 3 CE.[/quote]
There is a current BB save $10 off $75 coupon?

[quote name='splintercell']There is a current BB save $10 off $75 coupon?[/quote]

I was thinking the samething...and a 12%?

I am going to have to do some research because I haven't received anything that's current.

I just went to BB today and tried to get them to do a price match, took in this weeks ad and everything, but no dice. They were kinda pricks about it too.

You would think that they would want to break that cycle of getting a $10 gift card from CC and then going back there to get your next game using that $10 gift card, but I guess the manager I dealt with didn't have that kind of foresight.

My BB took $10 off Fallout 3, and also gave me a bonus! They added in the official strategy guide for free since CC was offering a free mini strategy guide. Mad props to BB!

Without the receipt I would have the call Bullshit. First, Fallout 3 has not been released yet and Best Buy are Nazis on release dates. Second, if they price match it automatically voids any and all coupons. The only thing that can still be used are Reward Zone Coupons because the systems reads them at cash. Sorry but there is just no way. Please prove me wrong though.

[quote name='salparadise78']I just went to BB today and tried to get them to do a price match, took in this weeks ad and everything, but no dice. They were kinda pricks about it too.

You would think that they would want to break that cycle of getting a $10 gift card from CC and then going back there to get your next game using that $10 gift card, but I guess the manager I dealt with didn't have that kind of foresight.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the CSR (semi-manager) was very rude... when I was (politely, I may add, since I figured I would probably be shot down and there was no need to burn my good PM karma) trying to show her the price match policy and how they do talk about figuring in the price of instant rebates, GC, etc, she just cut me off and said "I've worked here for 5 years, I think I know the policy."

So I left it at the desk and walked away. :p

I will try to run to campus to scan my receipt to prove to yall that yes you can get a game guide along with the 10 bucks off!!!! Great deal! I have had lots of luck ripping my local BB off, there is always some little detail you can snag them with. And yea I guess they didnt read into the mini part. I just went up to the customer services desk and said hey I need yall to honor a price match with CC and they are also offering a free game guide, so I brought up the game and the game guide to the desk. They called CC and asked if they still had any copies of Fallout left wit the free game guide, and they said yes its a package deal. So she rang me up for 10 bucks off and gave me the game guide for free! Not to mention the sweet free Nucka Cola bottle opener magnet that came with the game for free!!!!

I also had printed off two extra copies of past 5 dollar Reward Zone gift cards, that I used to purchase G-tar Hero WT, but they would not ring up. The assistant tried to put them in manually, and then it showed that I had used them on Sunday to purchase World Tour. So they tried, and I tried, but I took what I could and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name='LiquorLicks']I also had printed off two extra copies of past 5 dollar Reward Zone gift cards, that I used to purchase G-tar Hero WT, but they would not ring up. The assistant tried to put them in manually, and then it showed that I had used them on Sunday to purchase World Tour. So they tried, and I tried, but I took what I could and RAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[/QUOTE]

This and your previous posts are some amazing gems. Seriously... these are not deals. Even YOU agree you're "ripping them off."

Well I am sorry I can't post my receipt to show yall that you can do this, but if any of you know how, let me know, and I would be glad to show you!

[quote name='Gator_Golf']I worked at Best Buy, and it was corporate policy to price match competitors[/quote]

That's understood, but in my case where I got shot down, they said they don't price match "gift card promotions and bundles."

Customer service desk, but if they don't honor it there, then wait around a little bit or come back a little lata, and pick out the weakest cashier and take advantage of their lame push over attitude, where you can just BS your way to the deal, you know saying like "o the customer service desk said yall would honor this and that, blah blah" Does not work every time, but works a lot.

Drat. I wish I'd known about this last night when I was buying FO3 from CC because I already had a $10 GC from a prior purchase and got another with this one. Want to rack up the RWZ points. Oh, well.

I tried at the Best Buy in Silverdale and they wouldn't match the gift card promotion. I have had the store do price matches in the past with no problem. Oh well! Great game so far...couldn't get on the servers last night tho'

Got BB to match the $10 gc when I bought Socom: Confrontation with headset. They won't match buy one get one free, but I guess they'll match gift card deals.

Went to two different Best Buys in Houston, and both refused to price match the CC $10 GC deals on LittleBigPlanet.

[quote name='jacean']Really? Maybe it's the area but BB around here seem to accept just about any deals. Even from printed out ads for net deals.[/quote]

It's definitely your area. Here in LA, BB stores will do anything (including lying straight to my face) to get out of a PM, and God forbid you ask for the extra 10% of the difference. I can barely get them to accept their own coupons! I'd always wondered what "store participation may vary" meant in advertising until Best Buy came to my neighborhood.

Fairfax, VA will do it...however if Laurie (sp?)...the short asian shift manager is on duty, your pretty much fucked. Any other CSR/Manager will do it for you.

Best bet is to go to Manassas, VA and have LC do it for you. She seems cool enough to do it.

BB in Nashua NH just price matched Fallout 3 regular edition for me. I first went to customer (dis)service and asked an innocent girl if they PM the CC GC. After leaving and returning, she said yes if I could locate the mini guide @ BB - Yeah right. I went to the checkout instead and they took $10 off the top no questions asked. Make sure you have the CC ad in hand. I've never gotten the 110% PM to work, only 100%.

Got shot down in Charlottesville, VA (I hate this store, worst customer service in VA). When I asked the CSR why they wouldn't PM a gift card offer she blurted "Because we are Best Buy BEEEEAAATCH."

Is it just me or is it everytime I have Gamestop credit or Best Buy gift cards the deals are only at Circuit City and Target. I can't wait to try to get BB to match the free 1600 point card with GOW2..."I'm sorry sir, we don't match free gift offers to people with ugly children, have a nice day."

[quote name='Justin42']Same here, the CSR (semi-manager) was very rude... when I was (politely, I may add, since I figured I would probably be shot down and there was no need to burn my good PM karma) trying to show her the price match policy and how they do talk about figuring in the price of instant rebates, GC, etc, she just cut me off and said "I've worked here for 5 years, I think I know the policy."

So I left it at the desk and walked away. :p[/quote]

There are so many things I'd want to say in response to that, it would have been hard to pick just one.

[quote name='lordwow']This is a huge YMMV, I talked to a family member who works customer service for BB and they said they would not approve this in their store.[/quote]

They should price match the gift card, but all the coupons should not have been stacked...

Source: Work at Best Buy..

Seeing how widespread the giftcard pricematching problem is, I don't think I'll even bother trying in the future. A few points on my RZ card aren't worth the hassle when there's a CC across the street (and another closer to my house that's in the ghetto, and usually has stuff in stock).

bread's done
Back