BB: Oblivion GoY (PC) 19.99

Tesche

CAGiversary!
I was just at Best Buy and was quite surprised to find the
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition for 19.99.
I checked and it is online too...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8546246&st=oblivion&type=product&id=1188560190730

This was mainly surprising since it was sitting on a shelf next to the regular edition priced 29.99 and the two expansions each priced 19.99.

So, I grabbed a copy.

I searched the forums for a bit, but didn't see a thread about this yet. It was not a sale, but appears to be a permanent mark down...

Man it has been a long time since I posted here...ever since the blocked CAG at work...

It's $19.99 at EB/GS B&M and $19.82 at Walmart. Odd b/c non-GOTY is the same price.

It isn't uncommon to find it at this pricepoint although many vendors sell it for a lot more.

Great game and a great deal for $20. An absolute black hole for time however.

I recommend the PC version over the console if for no other reason than the many bugs present in both versions.

I have 200+ hours invested in the X360 version only to find out that I'm locked out of major quests b/c I picked some lock or saw some NPC earlier in the game. Stupid stuff that Bethesda :dunce: should absolutely have patched by now.

There are unofficial patches and workarounds on the PC but nothing for the consoles.

Argh, still have the original PC version in my backlog, had been waiting til I got a better videocard (which I have now) -- is the GOTY version worth the double dip?

[quote name='Tesche']... This was mainly surprising since it was sitting on a shelf next to the regular edition priced 29.99 and the two expansions each priced 19.99.[/quote]
This happened with me and BF2142, the deluxe edition was $19.99 and the standard edition (without the Northern Strike expansion) was $29.99 ... doesn't take a brain surgeon to make that choice, now does it Best Buy?

Curse you OP! I just got into Mount & Blade and you post this...now I'm going to be stuck buying Oblivion and never getting around to playing it. Nice find.

[quote name='FernandoIchicabeza']I have 200+ hours invested in the X360 version only to find out that I'm locked out of major quests b/c I picked some lock or saw some NPC earlier in the game. Stupid stuff that Bethesda :dunce: should absolutely have patched by now. [/quote]
This cracks me up. I've always run into problems with Bethesda games and their shoddy programming and many people are always quick to jump on board talking about how "massive" the game is and how they're bound to miss a few things. This has been going on since Arena... Some things never change

if you are going with the pc version, check out the modscene before you start playing (some really good stuff out there that enhances gameplay), the poop version is one of the catch-alls

damn thanks OP, I got choices, prime via amazon or BB pay some tax and get some rewards zone haha, either way yes it's worth a double dip b/c the expansion alone goes for that price. I played 60some odd hours of this on 360 but would love to have some leveling mods etc.. and now I can play a ranged character w/ mouse keyboard

thanks again OP!

Picked this up for $30 awhile back, I've played the PC version and haven't opened my 360 copy yet. Regardless $20 for the Game of the Year Edition is an awesome deal.

bread's done
Back