BB Online-only sale (Oct 9 @6pm to Oct 11 @10am)

Fuzzy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Posted this at GAF but thought I'd post here also.

Another online-only sale starts at BB tomorrow at 6pm EDT until Tuesday at 10am EDT. BB doesn't know the difference between EST and EDT so I fixed it here.

Video Games and Toys

10% off Select XBOX 360 Games
10% off Select Playstation 3 Games
10% off Select PC Games
10% off Select Nintendo Wii Games
10% off Select 3DS games
10% off Select DS games
10% off Select PSP/Vita games
25% off Select Used Games

Accessories

15% off Select Nintendo Wii Accessories
15% off Select PS3 Accessories
15% off Select XBOX 360 Accessories
15% off Select PSP Accessories
15% off Select DS Accessories
15% off Select 3DS Accessories

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/online-only-sale.aspx

It'll be good for anyone looking to pick up a PS Move bundle though. Both the Tiger Woods and Sports Champion bundles are on sale for $79.99 which means they'll be $67.99 plus tax each.

Kinect is currently $99.99 so that means it'll be $84.99 plus tax.

That Kinect doesn't come with Child of Eden.

And quite often the sale price disappears before one of these sales start or they just don't apply the extra 15%, so they often don't stack. that might not be the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised it doesn't drop to 85.

Shame, Kinect with Child of Eden at $85, I might have bought one... I'll keep waiting... probably for a higher res version on the next xbox.

Just noticed Forza and the new wireless wheel/joystick thing is listed under accessories for $100. So that'll be $85. not bad, I preordered forza at the E3 deal for $40, so the wheel thing for $45 isn't horrible, but I'll probably pass. But worth considering for anyone that wants and still hasn't ordered Forza.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']And quite often the sale price disappears before one of these sales start or they just don't apply the extra 15%, so they often don't stack. that might not be the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised it doesn't drop to 85.[/QUOTE]
Really? The only thing I remember disappearing during an online sale has been the bonus discount for pre-ordering games.

Hmm, I just preordered Arkham City in store the other day, is there anything I can do if it's part of the sale, other than rebuying it online and cancelling the store one?

When I click on stuff like 10% off select Vita games or accessories etc it doesn't take me to a list of those select items, it just goes to the general page for that department. How are we supposed to know which select items are included?

Just noticed that both Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are eligible for the 10% off + the 800 Reward Zone bonus points. This is a good pre-order deal for anyone interested in one of these games (which should be nearly anyone with a 3DS).

Sweet, I preordered 3D Land last month when it was $5 off, now I'll get the Reward Zone bonus. Might as well preorder MK7 too.

I preordered the same 3ds games and also ordered zelda for the 4th time :).

Anyone have experience with the reward zone thing. I have just over a thousand points from a few years back. I ordered Dark Souls around E3, I don't think there was any pre-order point bonus, but shouldn't I have received regular points(I have no clue what rate points normally come in)? Nothing shows up on the site in the last 90 days of activity, and when I try the missing points page it asks for a contract id I can't find anywhere.

Is Zelda a better deal here than any of the other times?

Ah it's 62.99 plus 800 pts. Not sure if I want to deal with damn reward points, I have a FS pre-order for $59.99.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']I preordered the same 3ds games and also ordered zelda for the 4th time :).

Anyone have experience with the reward zone thing. I have just over a thousand points from a few years back. I ordered Dark Souls around E3, I don't think there was any pre-order point bonus, but shouldn't I have received regular points(I have no clue what rate points normally come in)? Nothing shows up on the site in the last 90 days of activity, and when I try the missing points page it asks for a contract id I can't find anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Just shoot them over an e-mail on the Rewards site, it's a pain their usually pretty quick.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this was common knowledge but Resident Evil: Retribution is showing a $5 discount if anyone is interested.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...228&path=995fdafd16bea8e5f2a7b6947904458den02

I've found that when I pre-order a game and they finally ship it, the points don't show up in the 90 day history cause they somehow date the points back to the time you put in the order. It's weird and confusing, I'm never really sure if I've gotten what's coming to me and the whole 800 bonus points thing has become less appealing to me. They're only redeemable in-store so I always end up spending them on stuff I wouldn't have bought otherwise. I think I'll save the $3 cash on Zelda up front at FS vs that 800 point bonus deal at BB.

Yea, I've stopped pre-ordering or really even buying things from the Best Buy website, it's always a battle to get them to add the points, which is why I did all my E3 pre-ordering from FS.

They know there is a problem, they're intentionally not fixing it, that's just not right.

Well there's something weird that happened a few weeks ago, out of nowhere they started sending me a ton of points and apologizing that I was entitled to all these points that were never given to me. I had made sure to call or email them and get all my points in the past so these new ones were just a free bonus. They definitely know the system doesn't work and claim they're looking into it, I haven't dealt with RZ bonuses lately so I don't know what the current state is.

It's quite possible they added the points if they add them on the order date, I have no clue what my old balance was and how it got to it's current state.

Are you serious that the coupons can only be used in store once you get one? I thought it was bad enough that they expire after 90 days of being given out. Can they at least be used on the same item? with my 3 pre-orders and old points, I should receive 2 20-dollar coupons.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well there's something weird that happened a few weeks ago, out of nowhere they started sending me a ton of points and apologizing that I was entitled to all these points that were never given to me. I had made sure to call or email them and get all my points in the past so these new ones were just a free bonus. They definitely know the system doesn't work and claim they're looking into it, I haven't dealt with RZ bonuses lately so I don't know what the current state is.[/QUOTE]Same thing happened to me. It was a nice $30 bonus.

If there's nothing I want to spend my points on and they're about to expire I just buy a PSN card.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']Are you serious that the coupons can only be used in store once you get one? I thought it was bad enough that they expire after 90 days of being given out. Can they at least be used on the same item? with my 3 pre-orders and old points, I should receive 2 20-dollar coupons.[/QUOTE]You can use as many as you want. The only thing is they won't give you change if the coupons are worth more than what you're buying.

[quote name='Fuzzy']Same thing happened to me. It was a nice $30 bonus.

If there's nothing I want to spend my points on and they're about to expire I just buy a PSN card.[/QUOTE]

What method do you use to apply RZ points to a PSN card, Fuzzy? They won't let you use RZ points straight up for gift/points cards.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']What method do you use to apply RZ points to a PSN card, Fuzzy? They won't let you use RZ points straight up for gift/points cards.[/QUOTE]
I've spent most of my rewardzone on PSN cards. They do let you do that.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']What method do you use to apply RZ points to a PSN card, Fuzzy? They won't let you use RZ points straight up for gift/points cards.[/QUOTE]The only gift cards you're not allowed to buy with RZ coupons are BB gift cards as far as I know.

What? When the hell did that change? If I'd known, I'd have been using some of my points for PSN cards in the last year. Maybe it's just my location (Woodbridge). They're so anal for some things at times.

OK that has to be your specific locations that are making an exception. This is straight from their page:

Non-Qualifying Items

Best Buy Reward Zone™ program Points will not be earned for the following: instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, purchases paid by Reward Certificate (you will not earn Points for the value of the Reward Certificate), sales tax, provincial fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Other exclusions may apply.
Reward Zone™ program Certificates may not be redeemed for discounts off the following items: prior purchases, purchase of Gift Cards, or as payment on any Best Buy credit card. Other exclusions may apply.

Unless PSN cards aren't considered gift cards anymore.

I always were able to buy PSN cards, they're refills like phone cards, so it should work.

[quote name='Fuzzy']You can use as many as you want. The only thing is they won't give you change if the coupons are worth more than what you're buying.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure your Reward Zone redemption can't go over the price.

I don't see why PSN cards would be considered gift cards, I think rewardzone points have always been redeemable toward them. I don't think any exception is being made.

Yeah they don't give you change if your certificate is worth more than what you're buying.

bread's done
Back