BB - preorder Vita First Edition Bundle get Uncharted for free

[quote name='poxsc']Even with a free game, the system is still too expensive![/QUOTE]

$299.99 for the Wi-Fi Vita, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, a 4gb memory stick, and case.

$299.99 - $49.99 for Uncharted = $250

$250 - $29.99 for Little Deviants = $220.01

$220.01 - $19.99 for a 4gb memory stick = $200.02

$200.02 - $19.99 for the travel case = $180.03 for the Vita unit itself.

That's only $10.04 more than a 3DS or DSi XL. $30.04 more than a standard DSi or one of the current Wii bundles. $50.04 more than it's predecessor, the PSP. It's cheaper than every PS3 or Xbox 360 SKU.

I'd say that's priced pretty well.

That assumes you want any of that stuff though. I think the type of person that would pre-order a Vita is the type of person that wants a 32 gig memory card, for example... so they're getting stuck with a 4 that they'll probably replace anyway.

[quote name='drakma676']how much do you have to put down to preorder the vita at best buy...at gamestop you have to put $50[/QUOTE]

it is a $50 pre-order

[quote name='retro.elite']Yes, this offer is Canada only.

For reward members, Best Buy is holding a PSVita contest on the reward zone website. Enter for a chance to win a PSVita; good luck. Contest Details[/QUOTE]

link doesnt seem to work for me, I see the rules, click the link, log in, but can't find where to "accept" to enter the contest.

PS: Totally sold on Vita with this deal - I woulda paid 50$ more to upgrade to larger mem card but 4GB will do me for now until i rake in some cash.
---
Sam.

Got mine pre-ordered. Not even an Uncharted fan (only finished the first and 2/3rds the second), but this deal is too good (if you're already planning on getting a Vita)

I'm hoping someone releases a pass through card that'll let you use normal microSD cards for memory. I use one for my PSP 3000, two 16 gig microSD cards for 32 gigs.

But there were third party memory cards at PSPs launch, doesn't appear to be any for Vita, so a pass through card would probably be something you'd have to import, if and when one comes out.

[quote name='firehawk12']That assumes you want any of that stuff though. I think the type of person that would pre-order a Vita is the type of person that wants a 32 gig memory card, for example... so they're getting stuck with a 4 that they'll probably replace anyway.[/QUOTE]

True. I'm definitely snagging a 32GB at launch. Though as I discovered with my PSP, extra memory sticks are always handy.

I'll probably use my 32GB for games, and then my 4GB for movies and music. Eventually I'll probably end up with one for Vita games, one for PSP, one for PS1/minis, and one for other media.

Of course that ain't happening til the price comes down or a third party alternative comes out.

I pre-ordered at Best Buy last night, just need to go cancel my EB pre-order now.

I'm still not to sure about the memory card situation. If you're buying all your games on cartridge, then a 4GB might be enough for downloadable titles, game saves and that other things you'd like to dump on there. The memory sticks in my PSP and SD card in my DS go nearly unused though, so we may have different uses for our gaming devices.

On the subject of dropping the price of memory cards, I don't see that in the near future, Sony already dropped the price pre-release, so a drop quickly after launch seems unlikely (remember the critical and financial backlash of the 3DS dropping in price months after launch?).

[quote name='Booyakz']
On the subject of dropping the price of memory cards, I don't see that in the near future, Sony already dropped the price pre-release, so a drop quickly after launch seems unlikely (remember the critical and financial backlash of the 3DS dropping in price months after launch?).[/QUOTE]

They actually didn't. There was never an announced North American price until the 19.99 - 99.99 range was announced.

That $130 for 32GB nonsense was based on a conversion of the Japanese price, and not any official announcement from Sony.

[quote name='djsaiyan']They actually didn't. There was never an announced North American price until the 19.99 - 99.99 range was announced.

That $130 for 32GB nonsense was based on a conversion of the Japanese price, and not any official announcement from Sony.[/QUOTE]

$99 for 32GBs is still ridiculous.

When you look at the prices of comparable brand name SD cards, it's not as ridiculous as it first appears.

Yeah, they're definitely overpriced. But not ridiculously so.

[quote name='djsaiyan']$299.99 for the Wi-Fi Vita, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, a 4gb memory stick, and case.

$299.99 - $49.99 for Uncharted = $250

$250 - $29.99 for Little Deviants = $220.01

$220.01 - $19.99 for a 4gb memory stick = $200.02

$200.02 - $19.99 for the travel case = $180.03 for the Vita unit itself.

That's only $10.04 more than a 3DS or DSi XL. $30.04 more than a standard DSi or one of the current Wii bundles. $50.04 more than it's predecessor, the PSP. It's cheaper than every PS3 or Xbox 360 SKU.

I'd say that's priced pretty well.[/QUOTE]

Looking at it this way it does make it alot more appealing. Unfortunately there are no BB's in my area atm. If Amazon decides to match or do something similar I will reconsider and probably Pre-order.

[quote name='steeltekki']Preordered at a best buy in Calgary today. When the clerk typed in the sku i could see it had part of the word Uncharted in the title. Looking at the receipt though it just says PS vita. (does show the sku mentioned in the coupon) wonder how this is going to work come launch...[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordered at BB and on my receipt it says PS Vita EPOS Only. The $50 deposit was apparently for the Uncharted game according to the person that entered the code. Did they also write your name down on a form that they keep in a binder with the rest of the other pre-order items?

[quote name='MaxOD']Pre-ordered at BB and on my receipt it says PS Vita EPOS Only. The $50 deposit was apparently for the Uncharted game according to the person that entered the code. Did they also write your name down on a form that they keep in a binder with the rest of the other pre-order items?[/QUOTE]

Mine says the same thing, but when it came up on the screen (always watch the screen!) it said something to the effect of "Playstation Vita w/free Unchart"

I'd had them scan in a regular Vita pre-order at the same time as I wasn't sure exactly what the procedure was, and both came up as the same $50 preorder deposit.

If that deposit were just for the game, it wouldn't be $50 either, the minimum deposit for games at Best Buy is $10.

And I didn't even know there was a binder.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Mine says the same thing, but when it came up on the screen (always watch the screen!) it said something to the effect of "Playstation Vita w/free Unchart"

I'd had them scan in a regular Vita pre-order at the same time as I wasn't sure exactly what the procedure was, and both came up as the same $50 preorder deposit.

If that deposit were just for the game, it wouldn't be $50 either, the minimum deposit for games at Best Buy is $10.

And I didn't even know there was a binder.[/QUOTE]

That's the first time I've seen the binder at BB. All I know is that BB better not be confused on Feb 15 when I show up and they say my pre-order does not come with Uncharted. The BB I was at was confused as to what I was pre-ordering and the girl there thought I was pre-ordering a PSP :roll:. So i asked her if she had seen or heard of this Vita pre-order with bonus Uncharted and she said, "No, I better get someone else to help you".

I will raise holy hell if I get there and I don't get both my Vita Bundle and Uncharted.

Though the screen was at least pretty clear in what I was preordering so I'm not worried about it.

Oh hey, did anybody happen to save the coupon pdf? It just occurred to me that keeping a copy of it just in case might be a good idea.

[quote name='djsaiyan']I will raise holy hell if I get there and I don't get both my Vita Bundle and Uncharted.

Though the screen was at least pretty clear in what I was preordering so I'm not worried about it.

Oh hey, did anybody happen to save the coupon pdf? It just occurred to me that keeping a copy of it just in case might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

The sku on the coupon is on the receipt, and the coupon link on OP Is still up.

[quote name='retro.elite']The sku on the coupon is on the receipt, and the coupon link on OP Is still up.[/QUOTE]

Not working for me.

bread's done
Back