BB Pricematch at Sears

Pulsar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
OK, So I went to work today (Sears) with a few print-outs of games from Bestbuy online. The only one I could find was the original Amped. Well they price-match plus 10% of the difference. $3.50, not bad at all.

So, in other words, Sears will pricematch, plus the 10%. Let me know if anyone else has any luck

i dont get the "plus 10% of the difference" thing..

they take the difference in the prices... take 10% of that.. and add that to the price matched price?

They take the difference in price and subtract it from the pricematched price.

A $20 game at Sears that is $5 at Best Buy is $15 less, 10% off the difference is $1.50.

Sears gives you the $5 price then takes of another $1.50, giving a total price of $3.50.

ook... noice.. i'll have to try this..

EDIT: say you print a page from their website to show them the price of something at Best Buy....... if the item says Out of Stock.. will they price match it?

First, no they didn't call, and we never have at my store in any case. Even had a manager present During this.

Second, They didn't say anything about the out of stock sitting right there on the main page.

NOTE: Also, Until Saturday, if you put it on a Sears Card, it's another 10%off

noice... i kinda want to go and try to get some of these ps2/xbox/gc games that are $4.99 on the best buy site price matched...

more than likely sears would have them marked as $50 or something... but then again the woman that works there is a biotch

That's cool and all, but you have a distinct advantage if I read your post correctly, you work at Sears, so naturally, they know you and most likely won't make a big scene out of it even with a manager standing right there. The average joe that goes into sears to price match an out of stock web page printout of a closeout item from BB may have a little more of a harder go of it.

yea i was thinkin the same thing.. if you work in sears, then you're more than likely showing the papers to a co-worker.. who is less likely to give you shit since you work with him/her.. were as i dont work there and they might think i'm tryin to pull some shit.

I know that, but I have also NEVER heard of this "we don't price-match out of stock" crap in the history of my life in retail, which has been about 5 years now. Sear's pricematch policy, which is printed in about 100 spots in each store says nothing about out of stock.

Trust me, I've done the same things for many, MANY customers.

Or, if you live in PA, just come to my store with CAG writting on your forehead. There'll be a wink, and a game

Also, as far as me working at Sears... that means nothing. That would rather give a customer 100% on something then save one of there own employee $2. I'd give you some horror stories, but that'd be alot of typing.

In the new sears flyer there's a $5 off $5 and a $5 off $20 coupon if you use your Sears Premiere card.

That 4.99 out of stock pricematch thing is a little too far-fetched for me to even attempt...I imagine walking in with some printed-out out of stock page and asking them to match a game that's probably marked 49.99 down to $3.50. Heheh. I doubt I'd have any luck with that. Anything worth using a $5 of $5 or $5 off $20 coupon on over there?

[quote name='Pulsar']
Or, if you live in PA, just come to my store with CAG writting on your forehead. There'll be a wink, and a game
[/quote]

Is it in the Philadelphia area?

[quote name='jshorr']In the new sears flyer there's a $5 off $5 and a $5 off $20 coupon if you use your Sears Premiere card.

That 4.99 out of stock pricematch thing is a little too far-fetched for me to even attempt...I imagine walking in with some printed-out out of stock page and asking them to match a game that's probably marked 49.99 down to $3.50. Heheh. I doubt I'd have any luck with that. Anything worth using a $5 of $5 or $5 off $20 coupon on over there?[/quote]

is the flyer for this week coming up?

[quote name='Pulsar']I have also NEVER heard of this "we don't price-match out of stock" crap in the history of my life in retail[/quote]

I worked in a Toys R Us, a Circuit City, and The Wiz, all of which had this "out of stock, no price match" policy. Also, I'm pretty sure Best Buy has that policy too. I remember getting in a lot of fights with customers over that kind of stuff, but the corporate response is "if you can find it cheaper at store X (where it's out of stock), then get it there, otherwise pay our price"

to me it seems crazy that they even let people use printed out web pages as proof of the price drops... i mean anybody with any type of paint program can edit it to say instock... or a lower price...

i'm more than likely not gonna try to pricematch :(

[quote name='Cracka']to me it seems crazy that they even let people use printed out web pages as proof of the price drops... i mean anybody with any type of paint program can edit it to say instock... or a lower price...

i'm more than likely not gonna try to pricematch :([/quote]

Some stores have computers with access to the internet on them, so if an employee needed more proof you could just show them on the store comp. and hope they don't see the OOS symbol.

This was on the Sears.com website:

http://www.sears.com/sr/misc/sears/mores_of_sears.jsp#price

Exclusions
Sears will not match competitors' bonus or free offers, special offers, rebates, financing offers, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise, service contracts or automotive services, or installation, delivery, or assembly services. Sears will not match competitors' prices that result from a price match.

So if I go to North Wales is there a good chance that the price match will work? I live closer to Willow Grove but that Sears is the worst (horrible game selection and never markdowns) but I might try it at North Wales if I can get there this weekend.

I'm guessing if they did call, they would call the Best Buy across the street from the mall, which as of last Tuesday had very little left and didn't have anything from the website $4.99 game list so if they do call, I probably won't get the price match but I guess it's worth trying.

I have noticed North Wales seems to mark down stuff a lot faster than Willow Grove. Like they had the PS1 Interact Controller w/ memory card for $1.99 while Willow Grove still wanted $15 for it.

Not to mention Montgomery Mall is a better overall mall than Willow Grove (still annoyed Willow Grove kicked out Challenges arcade out of the mall!)

Yoshi, most likely. Alot of our store is laid back, but I'd say it'd be 100% easier for you to go on a weekend. Weekends....good luck getting a commission associate to sell a $5 item

Here is something on Sears Website about the price match.

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, email the information to [email protected]

They aren't going to know that it's a clearance, because BB never states it as one. Looks like you can get this deal from Sear.com as well.

[quote name='Pulsar']I have also NEVER heard of this "we don't price-match out of stock" crap in the history of my life in retail[/quote]

Well, trust me, it exists. Stores also give people crap about price matching clearance prices (which is what the BB prices were), in which they do not price match, at all.

[quote name='Squirms']Here is something on Sears Website about the price match.

If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, email the information to [email protected]

They aren't going to know that it's a clearance, because BB never states it as one. Looks like you can get this deal from Sear.com as well.[/quote]

This is what stood out at me:
If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features currently available for sale and delivery in your area from a local retail store's online site,

So if you bring out a web page printout that says "OUT OF STOCK" that pretty much shoots down your chances.

That's surprising they even have GBA games. In 2001, Sears decided they were going to stop carrying Nintendo products and it got to the point where all N64 and Gameboy Color games were 70% off, this was before the GBA launched. Since then, I have never seen any Nintendo system games in Sears.

bread's done
Back