BB: PS3 Stranglehold Collector's Edition - $49.99

Damn, I thought that only Gamestop and stores like it got the Collector's Edition? Well, I might have to buy on the website because I just checked and no store within 50 miles of me has it in stock.

The game got pretty good reviews or the transfer on Blu-Ray got good reviews? I'd like to know if it's the latter as it may be worth it with that nice bonus if the PQ is good.

All reviews I saw said the game is fun but short, the movie transfer is not too good. Maybe slightly better than the DVD.

the game is indeed fun and short. I personally don't think it's worth buying because it is so short but it is a good game.

[quote name='cdeener']Damn, I thought that only Gamestop and stores like it got the Collector's Edition? Well, I might have to buy on the website because I just checked and no store within 50 miles of me has it in stock.[/QUOTE]

That all depends on wether or not someone is looking to get a preorder sale.

I'm a big Chow Yun-Fat fan and John Woo fan, and I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Just keep in mind: The multiplayer portion is lame, and don't expect typical Blu-Ray video or sound quality for the Hard Boiled movie contained in this collector's edition. It definitely looks better than my Chinese import DVD, but it's still not looking all that great. It's an awesome movie though, and probably the best way to see it yet, but don't go in expecting a high quality video transfer, because you will be disappointed.

My BB had the 360 version for 50% off, so $35. Collector's Edition.

OH my my my, thank you so much! I've been waiting to get my hands on the collectors edition cheap.

Stranglehold - 25 dollars
HardBoiled - 25 dollars
------------------------------
not so bad.. I'll take that deal. [should be picking this up later from BB]

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oh yea! Now I can PM this to BB and use the $10 off coupon, all for just $39.99+tax. Thanks Op![/quote]

what coupon?

Me thinks it didn't sell very well on PS3.

Their fault for delaying it so much. Good for me though since $40 for the game and movie is a great deal.

you know... I'm so used to hustling for games and stuff, that I have to remember, this is a PS3 game... its Not going to be selling like damn hotcakes... I decided to use best buy online pick up (pure bullshit). So I order online, 1, 2, 3, hours later no second email. Called Customer Service (CS), CS tell me call the store... I call the store... "yeah Thomas we have it in stock, but you can't pick it up until tomorrow, which is when we're going to log it in" then they sneak shot an e-mail to me saying that the store doesn't have it. Called CS... "oh yeah we're seeing that the store doesn't have it in stock" okay, but the damn store just told me they had it... CS sets it up for me to pick up at another store. But they aren't going to send me a confirmation email tonight ensuring that they have one for Thomas. So... while working, I shoot to the damn store, and got the last one on the shelf. Why even have an online ordering system, for instore pick up, if it isn't going to work. Oh well guess I'll watch some Hardboiled...

I don't think it's fair to blame the poor sales of the game just because it's on the PS3. If Midway hadn't delayed it so much I'm sure it would have sold a lot better, but by the time it came out on the PS3...well, I'm pretty sure it came out on/around the release date for Ratchet and Clank. Who in their right mind would want Stranglehold instead?

[quote name='whoknows']I don't think it's fair to blame the poor sales of the game just because it's on the PS3. If Midway hadn't delayed it so much I'm sure it would have sold a lot better, but by the time it came out on the PS3...well, I'm pretty sure it came out on/around the release date for Ratchet and Clank. Who in their right mind would want Stranglehold instead?[/QUOTE]

it would have been a day one purchase for me.. but when it got delayed... I decided to wait. Since the ps3 is the slow platform.. companies should release games on PS3 first... at least they can get some of the people who buy games on PS3 and 360, can jump and maybe buy the Ps3 version. Because right now, with the 360 user base, you know that its going to sell well. [anygame].

I'm in the same situation as Thomas, I had a full pre-order on Stranglehold when it had an August release on the PS3...but when it got delayed so much I ended up switching my pre-order over to Guitar Hero III.....Now I'm thinking maybe I should get this...but with Ratchet and also Super Mario Galaxy.....I don't even know if I will pick this up for $40...

I downloaded the demo of this and loved it, so for $40 I'm really considering getting it. I was ctually considering getting it for $60, so I guess getting it for $20 less should be a no brainer.

Its okay. But not worth it.. I got the 360 CE.. even though the ps3 has hard boiled..

Its a really piss poor game.. very easy to beat.. and online play was garbage on 360...

Id wait til it drops to 39.99 or even 29.99 before jumping the gun on this..

But what would I know...

I went there to pickup this and Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End at the video game register but i don't want to line up at the multiple lane, because the line is too long carrying Pirates of the Carribeans and SuperBad movie stuffs. When the cashier scan this, it rang as $49.99 which is on sale but the pricetag is still $69.99. I was so suppose to pricematch but I don't have to and I forgot to bring $10 coupon. I'll come back to rebuy and use the $10 coupon.

6q0ojk2.jpg

I don't think the picture was necessary, but this comment regarding it is probably unecessary as well.

anyway, I went to check out if my local BB had anymore of these CEs left and I was lucky enough to snag one of the last two that were left.

but here's the kicker, probably very ymmv, I used the $10 off any PS3 game coupon along with the 10% coupon best buy sends out when a new one opens nearby. There was an error when the clerk went to scan it but did an override. So combined with my $10 dollar RZ cert, the game only ended up being 25 bucks.

so if you have those coupons lying around, it might be worth a shot to try to get them to stack

Wow, just a few months from release and it's already $20 less than retail? I got mine for $55, but if I had known it'd drop that fast, I would've waited.

Then again, same with the Halo3 Legendary--I got mine for $99, but hell if I should've waited and picked it up for $30 less. :p

Just to let you guys know the movie is dubbed in English, there is no option for having it in Chinese (at least not one where I can find it)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Just to let you guys know the movie is dubbed in English, there is no option for having it in Chinese (at least not one where I can find it)[/QUOTE]

Really, that blows. I would not have bought it if I had know that before hand.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Just to let you guys know the movie is dubbed in English, there is no option for having it in Chinese (at least not one where I can find it)[/quote]

there's an option on mine. hopefully there aren't two different CEs flying around out there. I just finished watching the movie in cantonese w/ english subtitles.

this is from memory so bear with me:
watch movie -> options -> language

I might buy this if there is definitely Cantonese track on it. Dubs are horrible.

BTW, I saw GS/EB with the CEs for the same price at the store yesterday brand new.

So for people that have watched Hard Boiled on the disc, can anyone comment on the quality compared to a normal Blu-ray release? I'm having a hard time finding some opinions on it.

[quote name='Theros']So for people that have watched Hard Boiled on the disc, can anyone comment on the quality compared to a normal Blu-ray release? I'm having a hard time finding some opinions on it.[/QUOTE]
I remember reading that the transfer was pretty poor, at best like a upconverted DVD. Don't quote me, but I remember it posted somewhere here in CAG when it was first released.

[quote name='lurknomore']I remember reading that the transfer was pretty poor, at best like a upconverted DVD. Don't quote me, but I remember it posted somewhere here in CAG when it was first released.[/quote]

yeah that pretty much hits the nail on the head. definitely still worth the price of entry if you're a big fan

[quote name='robhimself']there's an option on mine. hopefully there aren't two different CEs flying around out there. I just finished watching the movie in cantonese w/ english subtitles.

this is from memory so bear with me:
watch movie -> options -> language[/QUOTE]
You're right, there is. I menu is so piss bad that I didn't even notice there was a language menu.

This game is AMAZING! The gunfights are so intense. Tried to get it for $40 at BB but was denied with the coupon, even though it rang up the stupid cashier had to get "approval" before she took it. I told her if it rang up shouldn't it be valid and she said anybody could've used the same SKU but photoshopped it. I then proceeded to walk out.

Picked it up at Gamestop for $45 after tax and discounts. Pretty good game so far. Not sure if I should've picked up the 360 version though. There are quite a lot of jaggies on the PS3.

bread's done
Back