BB Reward Zone 9.99 PC games, in store only, varies by store

Dreamcastguy

CAGiversary!
There is no coupon required apparently. 7/6/09 – 8/2/09.

Has anyone been able to get a partial list of games yet? My Best Best doesn't seem to know anything about it. It "varies by store".

I know that Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 are going to be on sale if your store still has them in stock.

"IN STORE ONLY

Select PC Games for $9.99

Need more selection for your PC collection? Now’s the perfect time to stock up and save.

Now through August 2, 2009, you can purchase any of a long list of PC games for just $9.99 each at Best Buy® stores. Up to 100 titles to choose from*, including popular titles such as Lord of the Rings: Mines of Moria, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

All of these specially priced games are marked with a GREEN sticker for easy identification in the store"

Oh damn, last 10 dollar PC game sale they had the 2 Crysis' and Orange Box. But there'll be some good ones this time. Would love a full list though.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Wasn't Reward Zone just nerfed to hell today?[/QUOTE]

No? They hardly "nerfed it to hell" at all. The changes go in effect October 31. The changes should have a minimal impact on people, except that all RZ points expire at the end of the year.

Nothing in my local store had green stickers on them yet, but some of these prices are online like Red Alert 3 Premier Edition.

Puzzle Quest Galactrix is $10 on Best Buy's site. Also saw GTA San Andreas and the previously mentioned Command and Conquer.

In addition it looks like BB is runnign a promo for older $10 games.

bb_10dollar_games.jpg

Flight Sim 2002, Combat Sim 3, AoE 1&2 Collection, Supreme Comnmander, Panzers & Blitzkrieg, Rise of Nations and Divine Divinity are all $10. Plus it looks like you get a voucher for a free game download at bestbuygames.com.

I know it's not the same thing as what this thread was talkign about. But I didn't think it was worthy of it's own thread and should be mentioned somewhere.

I picked up the collector's edition of Mines of Moria for Lord of the Rings Online. For $9.99 in store, it seemed well worth the look. They had about 20 more copies of it at the West Madison Best Buy store as well. I'm going to order up Red Alert off the link above as well. Thanks for the info OP.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']so do you need to belong to Reward Zone to get the deal? or can anybody get this deal?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but there's no point not to belong. It's free and you get those points for gift certificates.

Anyone know if Wrath of the Lich King is included with this promotion? My little cousin wants me to start playing again, and I'd love to give it another 2-month trial at some point.

[quote name='thehoweller']Anyone know if Wrath of the Lich King is included with this promotion? My little cousin wants me to start playing again, and I'd love to give it another 2-month trial at some point.[/QUOTE]

The likelihood of that is just about 0. It's one of the few PC games that will sit at a consistent price and consistently sell through the years.

[quote name='thehoweller']Anyone know if Wrath of the Lich King is included with this promotion? My little cousin wants me to start playing again, and I'd love to give it another 2-month trial at some point.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I kind of doubt it ... I have a feeling that most of what will show up in local bins at $9.99 are the games that your local BB has had trouble selling. Sadly, I don't think WoW has trouble selling ... but who knows, maybe I'll be wrong.

Well my local Best Buy has yet to do any markdowns. Nobody working there seems to know anything about this. I hate being in the forgotten corner of NY state. I am hoping that Assassin's Creed might be on the list.

Since this deal was listed on the Rewards Zone website I am assuming that you have to have a membership for the deal to work. But then again there isn't any kind of coupon or anything.

no stickers on pc games in antioch, tn...but they are running red stickers on a variety of junk titles for PS2, WII, DS, X360, PS3 for $7.99 each...

[quote name='etcrane']I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I kind of doubt it ... I have a feeling that most of what will show up in local bins at $9.99 are the games that your local BB has had trouble selling. Sadly, I don't think WoW has trouble selling ... but who knows, maybe I'll be wrong.[/QUOTE]
Didn't really think it was possible, but I was still hopeful :)

Just got back from the Woodbridge, VA Best buy, and they hadn't heard anything about it. I had to bring up my reward zone page to show the deal, then they looked for a list and couldn't find anything, so I will probably wait about a week.

Went to the best buy in duluth, mn and they had nothing but shit. The only good titles were Red Alert 3 and C&C3: Kane's Wrath. Everything else was junk. Couldn't even find mines of moria or anything. Will probably check in a week to see if they added anymore titles.

At my Best Buy I found:

Lord of the Rings Mines of Moria Collector's Edition and Regular
Lord of the Rings Conquest
NHL 09
Turok
Bully Scholarship Edition
Dracula 3
Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm

All with green stickers (and for the PC, obviously). I think they will initially ring up at full price, but once you scan a reward zone card, they convert to $9.99, so even if they're not marked, try bringing them to the cashier. Also, if you have the 10% off coupon, it stacks with no problem, bringing each down to $8.99.

I'm sure there were more than that....Good luck hunting!

At a BB in LR, AR I found some of the one's listed above plus Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. Nothing worth buying though.

Yeah, nothing great at my BB. These were the shelf tags I spotted:

Shattered Suns
Tomb Raider Underworld
Spiderwick Chronicles
CSI New York
LOTR Online Shadows of Angmar
Lego Indiana Jones
NFS Undercover
Hardy Boys Hidden Truth
Everquest Secrets
Everquest II : Rise
Deer Hunter Tournament
Deadliest Catch
GRID
C&C : Kane's Wrath
Supreme Commander Gold Ed.
Azada 2
Alone in the Dark
Battlefield 2142 (MAC version)
World of Goo
Backyard Baseball
MLB Office Manager
Smarter than a 5th Grader
Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate
Ranch Rush
Nancy Drew Ultimate
Petz Horsez Club
Paws & Claws
Mahjong Escape Collection
Hell's Kitchen
Chocolatier 2
Cate West Vanishing Files
Agatha Christie : Death on the Nile
Hidden Mysteries : Buckingham Palace
Game of Life Spongebob Squarepants Edition

I went to the Madison Hgts, MI store after work and they didn't have anything with green tags on them. I guess I'll go again tomorrow.

Where do you get the 10% off coupon? It's too bad you can't check the store status of all those games since they're no longer listed on BBY.com

[quote name='mtxbass1']No? They hardly "nerfed it to hell" at all. The changes go in effect October 31. The changes should have a minimal impact on people, except that all RZ points expire at the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
They are deleting RZ points from our purchases!? WTF.

Went to the Montgomeryville Best Buy and was disappointed in the selection. There were a ton of PC games that were a few years old without the green sticker. Even Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords was $15.

Yea, as it was posted before, its very YMMV. I went to a BB in NJ (visiting my brother so I dont remember the exact location) and instead of the green stickers, they just had those sale signs next to some of the games that have been previously listed. The girl there DID know that the sale was on and mentioned they were all noted at least. Probably the most helpful a BB employee has ever been to me. C&C was the only thing worthwhile to me. Was considering Guildwars Platinum but decided against it.

Went to Mt Juliet, TN Best Buy earlier today and grabbed a Premier edition of Red Alert 3. They had the little aisle standouts noting the green dot sale, but none of the games had green dots on them. I ended up doing a price check on RA3 before checkout just to make sure.

Guess they haven't gotten around to dottin' em up yet.

Very YMMV but I picked up GRID today for $2.50. It was in the clearance bin with manager's special 75% off. Rang up for $9.99 - 75% manager's special = $2.50. Turok was also in the clearance bin, so I think I will try andpick that one up tomorrow as well.

Bestbuy is Murray, UT had quite a few titles with stickers. I picked up the collector's edition of LOTR Online, nothing else really my style though. The list a few posts up by Fatboyinside sumed up what i saw pretty well.

[quote name='BWS1982']If anyone is having trouble getting B & M deals, if it's worth it to get them online, here's a link to a handful of them on BestBuy.com to save you the time to jump on a few or see the selection of some of them:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked up a couple from that link.

Picked up Turok and Tomb Raider: Underworld in Cherry Hill, NJ. They had some others, like Red Alert3 PE, Bully, and LOTR: Conquest all for $9.99.

The only game I found that I wanted at my local BB (Concord, NC) was GRAW2 for $9.99. Red Alert 3, Turok, and BIA: Hell's Highway had green stickers as well.

I also bought Oblivion GOTY for $19.99. It wasn't on sale but it is a steal at that price anyway.

Total waste of time checking Allen Park and Dearborn, MI. First one had no stickers and the clerk knew nothing of any sales and the latter had nothing. Bleah.

I scored a LOTRO Collector's edition both Shadows and the Mines of Moria expansion. Color me excited. My BB, though, in Lanesboro, MA, didn't have anything labeled..so I had to take the game up and see if it was $9.99 and it was. The girl who rang me up was really surprised since the ticket had not been changed either so it still said $79.99. Its definitely worth it to take the time to ask. May see if I can get Doom 3 tomorrow...shame but I've never played it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back