BB Reward Zone Question

clariste

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
There's a place on myrewardzone.com where you can claim points on purchases that you forgot to get the points on in the first place. My question is this: could you potentially claim points on purchases that someone else made, as long as it was a cash purchase (so it doesn't come up as someone else's credit card)? For instance, if my friend who has no RZ card buys something, can I fill out the form and get points for his purchase?

I guess you could since it was a cash purchase and you have a receipt for it. If I were you I would try once to see if it works and if it doesn't then you know what works & what doesn't.

Yes, you can.

Just go to myrewardzone.com and plug in the pin# from the receipt. I've done it with giftcard purchases and even purchases my fiance has made.

Don't know if it works every time or not. No reason why cash purchases shouldn't.

Yeah, I plan to let my uncle borrow my RZ card when he goes to Best Buy. He usually goes there for something small, and winds up with something big. One time, he went to Sam's Club for some toilet paper and ended up taking home a bunch of food... and a widescreen HDTV...

You know, I'm wondering about something... what's to stop an employee from scanning their RZ card (and just telling the customer it's his employee logon to work the register) when a customer makes a big cash purchase, and doing that once in a while (to not arouse suspicion)?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']You know, I'm wondering about something... what's to stop an employee from scanning their RZ card (and just telling the customer it's his employee logon to work the register) when a customer makes a big cash purchase, and doing that once in a while (to not arouse suspicion)?[/QUOTE]

integrity, i think

or desire to keep their job.

one or the other.

How about if you buy gift cards, using your reward zone card... then later pick up a dvd or game, etc on your reward zone card, while paying with the gift card you bought before... would that amount to double dipping

... or does the RZ not apply to Gift Card purchases?

Tried it. You can't use the reward zone card to get points for buying giftcards purchases. Either that or you don't get credit for buying things with a giftcard.
I forget which one.

I was planning on doing this using giftcards to buy giftcards but Best Buy was one step ahead.

[quote name='jtreumuth']Tried it. You can't use the reward zone card to get points for buying giftcards purchases. Either that or you don't get credit for buying things with a giftcard.
I forget which one.

I was planning on doing this using giftcards to buy giftcards but Best Buy was one step ahead.[/QUOTE]
Nope, you can't get RZ points on GC purchases. That's been a restriction since moment one of the program.

bread's done
Back