BB - The Good, the Bad, and the Weird 9.99

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!
The Good, the Bad, and the Weird is 9.99 at Best Buy at the moment

1534264h.jpg

1534264bh.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/The+Goo...u-ray+Disc/9998688.p?id=2117662&skuId=9998688

good movie, not great. I almost thought the opening sequence was too great to live up to during the rest.

Kickin' Wing;8252544 said:
Worth noting the US Release is 1080i. Canadian and Korean releases are Region A and 1080p.

Awesome movie though :)

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to get this from Canada now. Also, this movie if $11.49 on Amazon if you despise BB that much. Thanks to the OP for making this thread. I had no idea this movie could be had for such a low price.

This movie is loads of fun. I was going to buy it but I want 1080p for 10 bucks.
Reviews indicate that the differences are almost negligible but how can one buy something when there is a superior version for it?! Great price though.

I love Kim Ji-woon, and like it's been stated before, this is such a fun film. Plus, the three leads are great, and Lee Byung-hun is one of my favorite actors. If you enjoy Spaghetti Westerns, or Asian Cinema in general even, $10 is completely worth it.

[quote name='DestroVega']good movie, not great. I almost thought the opening sequence was too great to live up to during the rest.[/QUOTE]

This. The movie wasn't as great as I wanted it to be.

For those on the fence, it is available via streaming on NetFlix.

This is a great deal. I have rented this disc and I thought it looked pretty good on a 55" TV. The Canadian disc is much more expensive. Not sure how much better the 1080p discs look. Anyone have one?

I loved this movie. I ordered the South Korean Blu-Ray back when it first came out. I'd recommend that version if you can still find it - though I hear the UK version is pretty good too (not sure if it's all region though). If you can find the soundtrack to the movie - I highly recommend that as well.

Is mine is the Korean version? It's tan with gold foil lettering, and says Made In Korea on it. A bunch of post cards are in there. It's a really nice package.

[quote name='shouamabane']Is mine is the Korean version? It's tan with gold foil lettering, and says Made In Korea on it. A bunch of post cards are in there. It's a really nice package.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like the Korean Limited Edition version; is this it?

I think at this price point how much you like the movie will be the deciding factor if you don't have it yet as to which version you buy. Like others it isn't as great as I thought it would be but it is still good and something you can re-watch. For 1080i this doesn't look bad; the Korean version is $36 from YESASIA and you probably aren't going to find it for less than $30 before shipping.

[quote name='Shoulda Been Harvey']Sounds like the Korean Limited Edition version; is this it?

I think at this price point how much you like the movie will be the deciding factor if you don't have it yet as to which version you buy. Like others it isn't as great as I thought it would be but it is still good and something you can re-watch. For 1080i this doesn't look bad; the Korean version is $36 from YESASIA and you probably aren't going to find it for less than $30 before shipping.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

The video on this release is very good. The LE is nice, but not worth an extra 25. I would pay for A Bittersweet Life or Memories of Murder LE, I already have the Korean and Japanese LE soundtrack for a Bittersweet Life. Also, more good news...

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news/537/i_saw_the_devil_magnolia_will_show_us_the_devil_in_may_/

I Saw the Devil!

Damn i need to start my asian blu ray thread again!

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Exactly.

The video on this release is very good. The LE is nice, but not worth an extra 25. I would pay for A Bittersweet Life or Memories of Murder LE, I already have the Korean and Japanese LE soundtrack for a Bittersweet Life. Also, more good news...

http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news/537/i_saw_the_devil_magnolia_will_show_us_the_devil_in_may_/

I Saw the Devil!

Damn i need to start my asian blu ray thread again![/QUOTE]

Get on it! There's a lack of love and support for Asian Blus, and the only man who can fill that void is Handsome himself!

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I don't know if this is a serious post because the dub SUCKS on this movie![/QUOTE]

dubs suck on everything except for Anime

bread's done
Back