1 (100%)
The Quick and the Dead in store 9.99

bestbuy.com price match 5.99

minus $5 trade in coupon .99

Office Space in store 9.99

bestbuy.com price match 7.99

Minus $5 trade in coupon 2.99

2e5nr5w.jpg

Interesting. Shouldnt they automatically ring up that price since they are listed that price on the site? I know there are exceptions but usually B & M and on line prices are the same.

Also anyone know of any other titles off the Trade list that dropped in price?

I picked up Office Space a couple days ago for $4.99. guess $2 isnt that big of a deal. havent picked up The Quick and the Dead yet though.......and thats one hell of a price.

haha, dayuuumm, it'd be a nice day if I got to pay 99 cents for a BD. I don't think I've ever even paid $1 for a DVD (well maybe some stupid Target $1 area 50's Superman cartoon collection that is sitting on my shelf)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Interesting. Shouldnt they automatically ring up that price since they are listed that price on the site? I know there are exceptions but usually B & M and on line prices are the same.

Also anyone know of any other titles off the Trade list that dropped in price?

I picked up Office Space a couple days ago for $4.99. guess $2 isnt that big of a deal. havent picked up The Quick and the Dead yet though.......and thats one hell of a price.[/QUOTE]

NO the B&M price is 9.99 you have to let them know about the online price...

AND ive checked daily online for price drops and those are the only 2 for now.

Damn it! Must be clearance! Because Quick and The Dead doesn't have store pick-up online and I couldn't find it my Best Buy yesterday! I would sooooooo love to get for only a dollar. :(

[quote name='ElBlueGuey']Damn it! Must be clearance! Because Quick and The Dead doesn't have store pick-up online and I couldn't find it my Best Buy yesterday! I would sooooooo love to get for only a dollar. :([/QUOTE]

i doubt it. There should be a huge display with all the eligible titles in the Trade and Save program. There were at both stores I've been to.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']i doubt it. There should be a huge display with all the eligible titles in the Trade and Save program. There were at both stores I've been to.[/QUOTE]

the store i went to didn't have any displays ... they had "trad and save" flags sticking out on all the blu-rays that qualify

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']i doubt it. There should be a huge display with all the eligible titles in the Trade and Save program. There were at both stores I've been to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw it, but not every film was in it, including Quick and the Dead. Trust me, I looked.

[quote name='ElBlueGuey']Yeah I saw it, but not every film was in it, including Quick and the Dead. Trust me, I looked.[/QUOTE]

+1

i think theres more available when you visit the store. I dont think the online list is complete

Did this at my local Best buy for both Quick and Office. There was only one Quick left on the regular shelf, none in the trade-kiosk itself, and also couldn't be checked/store pick-up on Bestbuy.com.

So it was worth stopping by given that I didn't expect to see any, although I wouldn't have bothered going if not doing other things on this trip.

Was going to post about this in the main $5 off topic, but this seems like a better place.

Oh boy what a day...I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter on a computer that I couldn't see well. She said that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price. They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the story the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transfered me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Was going to post about this in the main $5 off topic, but this seems like a better place.

Oh boy what a day...I went in to get three movies (Office Space, Predators-with X-Men cash, and Men in Black). I went to the service desk with the 3 movies and my 3 DVDs to trade in. I told her that Office Space was $7.99 on the website so I want to price match it and then use my $5 coupon, which you/Best Buy gave me.

She spoke to a woman behind the counter on a computer that I couldn't see well. She said that I could do one or the other, either $2 off or $5 off, not both. I was like "what? I am trying to match YOUR price, not another competitors price. They would not budge which really annoyed me, but I am like it's only $2 whatever.

I went to the kiosk to print a $10 certificate to use on the three movies, but the website wasn't loading so I decided to call the premiere silver number to ask them to make a certificate for me, I then told her about the situation and she understood why I was so annoyed. She said she would speak to the customer service person who denied me the price match.

I gave the woman in the story the phone and they spoke for a few minutes. I got the phone back and I was told by the Reward Zone woman that she wouldn't budge and that she would give me $30 in reward zone certificates for all the issues I am going through over a measly $2. I was not expecting that at all, but I was very pleased by that.

She then transfered me to a customer relations person who actually deals with the stores directly and I told him the situation and he asked what store I was at and he called and spoke to the manager directly and finally got the adjustment.

The most insane thing was on the way to the register the woman who was denying me said that it was a one time exception and that they were marking me in my account. I was really shocked by this, why are they making me out to be like a criminal/cheater for just asking them to accept their own policy. When I got home I called the Premiere Silver support line to ask about this "mark on my account" they said they were doing. According to the guy I spoke with he said my account was clean and there is no way for them to mark my account without him seeing. They may mark it on a piece of paper they have, but as far as system wide goes there is nothing there.

In the end I got all 3 movies for $3.50 (after $10 rewards) and $30 in bonus certificates for the hassle. All over two freakin dollars.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that man. I actually work at Best Buy and my store is actually not that bad when it comes to situations like these. But I feel your pain because even I have issues when going to another Best Buy. Anyways glad it worked out.

Yeah I am very glad it worked out, even more so cause for $3.50 I made $20 and got a free movie ticket. I was just shocked at how stiff they were over $2. Since you work at Best Buy do you think it would matter if I post this incident on the official Best Buy forums or the two phone calls I made were sufficient?

I went to my Best Buy to trade in my movies but before I did I asked the women behind the counter if she would price match their website for the price difference and she said she would. Bad thing is they didn't have Quick and the Dead in my store, but I did get Office Space though.

damn, why doesn't Q&tD have store pick-up available? would really like to see if the store I plan on going to has any copies..I guess ya'll are getting lucky and seeing it on the shelf?

[quote name='token2k6']damn, why doesn't Q&tD have store pick-up available? would really like to see if the store I plan on going to has any copies..I guess ya'll are getting lucky and seeing it on the shelf?[/QUOTE]

call and ask

I went and tried having QatD pricematched and have $5.00 deducted with coupon and they couldnt get it to work. They tried changing the price to $5.99 manually and then scanning the coupon and the coupon ended up only deducting a dollar. Wonder if they updated their system to prevent getting the movie for .99. Ended up just getting 3 other titles for 4.99. May try to get QatD at another store tomorrow if they have any copies.

fuck this deal is dead guys..i had a valid override too and both just went to $4.99 each. thanks for trying op! whats worse is actually suckered myself into spending $10 and parting with the exact films on dvd..oh well..doing my part i guess..recycling!

If you all notice, the entire transaction was manually done. Not one movie has a $5 off for the coupon. He returned them and then they made the price $4.99 each and then manually added a discount to make each one the respective price. This is not something that will happen without them making it work, BUT it should work based on their own policies. As I and the OP can attest to, it just takes employees who actually care about their customers.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah I am very glad it worked out, even more so cause for $3.50 I made $20 and got a free movie ticket. I was just shocked at how stiff they were over $2. Since you work at Best Buy do you think it would matter if I post this incident on the official Best Buy forums or the two phone calls I made were sufficient?[/QUOTE]

I would instead answer the survey using your receipt id. Those are read by the managers from corporate to stores.

bread's done
Back