BBV 3 for $30 blu-rays YMMV

johnnyrocker360

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Not sure if there's a thread for this. I did a search and couldn't find one. But I was at my local blockbuster the other day and I noticed the blu's were 3 for $30.

A list of some of the blu's I seen:
Defiance
The International
Pineapple Express
Role Models
I Love You Man
Punisher: War Zone
Revolutionary Road
The Reader

There were more but I can't remember what else. Looked like it was picked clean. I'll try again next week and see if they have anymore when I get paid. :D

*note*- all the copies i seen were in the bbv cases and not a actual blu-ray case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the blockbuster down the street from me didnt close down. Every brick and mortar blockbuster has now closed in my area. That was 3 strores in the past couple years! Guess netflix and the $1 red box kiosks did more damage than I thought.

Last time I checked last week, it was still 2 for $25. I'll definitely check again once this winter storm ends :)

Unless something has changed recently, BBV sells their previewed :br: in the rental cases.

The way the :br: rental cases are set up is: a generic DVD case with the actual :br: insert .

Yesterday they were 2 for $25 at my Blockbuster in Long Beach. And they were in the DVD cases they rent them out in

I have seen the used blu-rays in those double wide Disney blu-ray cases. Even if it does have a blu-ray case though, chances are if there is a 2nd disc it won't be included.

I was trying to find a couple movies I wanted with Fairytale Fights credit and couldn't find 2 movies that were worth $10 a piece.

[quote name='freshzen']I have seen the used blu-rays in those double wide Disney blu-ray cases. Even if it does have a blu-ray case though, chances are if there is a 2nd disc it won't be included.
[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

When I bought Walk Hard and Stepbrothers :br: from BBV, both included the supplemental 2nd discs.

[quote name='manthing']Not necessarily.

When I bought Walk Hard and Stepbrothers :br: from BBV, both included the supplemental 2nd discs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - I've bought many used blurays from BBV and have never found one to be lacking a disk.

When I bought Donnie Darko Blu used at BBV it came with both discs. Just be careful of the movies that say "rental version" on the cover. Those have the special features specifically left out by the movie companies. I think when I rented transformers 2 and the hangover they were rental versions (keep in mind these 2 blu rays probably won't be selling used for a while). They always come in generic BBV cases except when someone trades in blu rays with the original blu cases for like $3 of BBV store credit.

bread's done
Back