BBV - Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 Free - All Consoles!

Jbently

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just got back from BBV and while I was browsing the used games section, an employee informed me that they just got an email from head office stating that all used games are buy two and get one free.

Cheap T3 fodder just got cheaper!

- edited title to be more clear

Last edited by a moderator:
The BBV's I checked out in downtown Toronto all had pretty good selections but when it came to the cheap games to trade into EB, either they all got hit or didn't have any to begin with.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Which BBVs do you usually hit up Cthulhu8u? I went to the Yonge/Finch and Yonge/Sheppard locations tonight, both were pretty pitiful for selection; its a shame there are no GameRush stores near me, they might have a larger selection.[/QUOTE]

Hwy 7 in Woodbridge. Same as above, decent selection, but not of the cheap games.

I finally went out. KHII was sold, but I picked up Madworld, Yakuza 2 and Shining Force EXA. I know EXA is supposed to be kinda shit, but it's one of those game I always wanted to try for some reason.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']14.99 HAZE
14.99 METRIOD3
19.99 MadWorld.

hope they work :0[/QUOTE]

Metroid 3 and MadWorld should, but Haze probably won't.

[quote name='Kelekin']Metroid 3 and MadWorld should, but Haze probably won't.[/QUOTE]

they all worked.

Metriod was 13
Madworld was 20
prince of persia was 22
and haze was 13 :)

Nice.. I've been wondering about Haze.. it hasn't been horded from the BBVs around here, probably because tivs.ca was showing $7

Well I went to 4 different BBV's over the past two days, and I bought zero games. Damn this town! It's tempting to drive to Waterloo and buy up all the T3 fodder I can find at my local BBV, but I'm not insane.

Does anyone know if the BBV's in Winnipeg are doing this? (arg I've bought about 5 games from BBV in the last month and THIS happens -_-)

[quote name='game_fanatic']It's tempting to drive to Waterloo and buy up all the T3 fodder I can find at my local BBV, but I'm not insane.[/QUOTE]

But you want to be! :D

And the correct plan is to not drive straight to Waterloo, but rather drive from one BBV to another and eventually get to Waterloo, and then repeat on the way back hitting up stores going back to TO :p

The Blockbuster in Barrhaven had some $14.99 titles left (with EB TIV > $8). I had to settle for $19.99 game (quite a few of these games left with EB TIV > $8) to round out the purchase since I didn't want to take the risk of it not working for the T3G1F and I didn't know if I could do two separate trade transactions with another copy of the same game on the same visit.

$14.99
Shellshock 2: Bloodtrails (360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
Haze (PS3)
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (PS3)
Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End (PS3)

$19.99
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)

I didn't see anything of note that was $9.99 or less. No good (and cheap) Wii games either. I was hoping to find de Blob and Boom Blox so I could finally try them, but twas not meant to be...

Waterloo ain't so hot anymore, there are pretty much only $19.99 games left.. and sometimes even hard to find 3 different ones.

[quote name='TripleQ']Waterloo ain't so hot anymore, there are pretty much only $19.99 games left.. and sometimes even hard to find 3 different ones.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda surprised by this...I didn't think they'd get so ransacked with less students here during the summer and such :(

Which BBVs in Waterloo do you guys usually hit up? The one near the highway on University seemed to have a pretty solid selection whenever I went in there

[quote name='game_fanatic']Which BBVs in Waterloo do you guys usually hit up? The one near the highway on University seemed to have a pretty solid selection whenever I went in there[/QUOTE]

Havent been to the waterloo one much but i have to agree, whenever i drop by they always have good selection.

Here's my "market analysis" of the K/W stores:

Northfield.. not a gamerush and generally gets picked clean pretty fast, considering there is an EB close by. Often I'll go and see something I'm not sure qualifies, if I go back in a day or two it's gone

University/Highway.. gamerush.. pretty good selection usually, but when I went a couple of days ago I could only find $19.99 games

Fischer-Hallman/University.. gamerush... used to have a lot of stuff, was cleaned out pretty fast. They probably had a dozen Ninja Gaidens a week ago that are all gone now. Wouldn't bother going here for the next month or so.

Westmount/Highland.. reasonable selection, the only $14.99 games there I remember were C&C Red Alert 3.. probably all gone by now.

I haven't been to the others in a long time, but from what I remember, the Max Becker one usually has a lot of games in the black dvd cases instead of the originals. Never been to the Weber one down by fairway.

I love shopping at the BBV at Fisch/Hall and Uni. All of those employees are super friendly. The Max Becker location had a good selection of Wii games when I was there last week.

I normally try the Fisher-Hallman/University and 85/University. I actually bought my games from the 85/Uni one yesterday. The Fisher-Hallman one does have alot of games, and I was actually thinking about going there yesterday but they didn't have KHII, so eh. The one near Conestoga is OK, but has alot less selection than the others.

Shining Force EXA actually is pretty shit. I traded it in at The Beat Goes On and got Amplitude instead. Game is hard, but pretty fun!

Kind of a thread hijack, but I gotta recognize, since this stuff deserves to be said nowadays... Baskin Robbins and Starbucks in KW seem to hire excellent personnel. If places would hire/retain only these kind of friendly and professional individuals, maybe we could raise the standard within society just a bit. Just sayin... Anyways, props to the good ones out there!

I've honestly only been in BR once and SB like twice, and the service didn't stand out in either a positive or negative way; the EB in Conestoga seemed pretty good, and when I worked at Sport Chek in Conestoga people in general were pretty friendly; overall a nice town to be in:)

Can't believe my luck. I saw the guy at my local store restocking when I went in and thought, "This has got to be a good thing."

All the stuff on his cart was crap or expensive... and while I was mainly looking for T3G1F material, the big highlight for me was the fact that -- whether it had gone out before I arrived, or had been there for a while -- I came across a copy of Oblivion:GOTY for $10. I'd been looking at it for $25 just a few days ago. Given the stickers on the box, I think it was a former rental, but I was extremely pleasantly surprised to find that the discs and the manuals were all in pristine condition.

Combine that with a couple of allegedly $8+ TIV titles, and it was a good night.

the bbv in waterdown ontario has a great selection of trade-in fodder. picked up 9 games today (all 9.99 or 14.99) and preordered modern warfare 2, left 4 dead 2, and bioshock 2.

if anyone's in the area, there was a lot left as of this morning. i didn't get around to checking any of the burlington stores, though they're usually pretty good for stock.

Has anybody hit the BBV in Maple at Weston Road and Major Mac?

Might venture up that way tomorrow, but if it's picked over I'm not gonna bother. I know a few of you guys are in my area

[quote name='djsaiyan']Has anybody hit the BBV in Maple at Weston Road and Major Mac?

Might venture up that way tomorrow, but if it's picked over I'm not gonna bother. I know a few of you guys are in my area[/QUOTE]

I haven't gone there, but the one on 7/Pine Valley lacks any cheap ($9.99) PS3 games beyond Orange Box.

[quote name='Angel Gamer']Is this deal for sure over now? I was hoping to go by today.[/QUOTE]
The clerk i talked to today said it was going on until at least the end of this week. He wasn't 100% sure how much longer tho. Managed to preorder Halo: ODST

[quote name='Hovercraft']I went today and got Star Ocean 360, Riddick 360 and Harvest moon Wii[/QUOTE]

i'm assuming you're posting this to let us know that one of the games you
bought was in fact - free.

Bioshock 360 - 10
Dead rising 360 - 14.99 Plat edition.
dead space ps3 - 19.99

^^^^ got these today. so yea, its still on.

hope they work on the T3G1F :p

is there a difference between plat edition of the game for Dead rising?

Got:
Mass Effect - 9.99
Dead or Alive Extreme 2 - 9.99
Viva Pinata - 9.99

All for about 22 bucks with tax. Amazing!
Also, Mass Effect was 19.99 at another BBV, but I think the one I got was 9.99 because it's the French version lol (same for Viva Pinata).

EDIT: Ended up getting Dead Rising for 9.99 (non-Platinum Hits version) and two others for Trade 3 at EB. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me what the heck BBV is? I don't think i've ever seen this store and a google search comes up with... a link to CAG, lol.

edit: Nevermind, found that it is BlockBuster Video. Sadly the nearest one is too far from here :(

Signs are still up at our local one on the Queensway, although the selection is less than stellar, after being picked dry.

Went in today to get some more games. The signs were still up, but when the cashier rang it in, it came up as invalid, Promo over!. But she gave it to me anyways. So it looks like it might be over.

just went today and got 9 games at my local BBV so looks like deal is still on. they had signs up too so yeah.. games i got were

These were all 14.99
X360 - (2)Ninja Gaiden 2
Wii - (2) Smackdown vs Raw 2009
Wii - Death JR. Root of Evil
PS3 - Tomb Raider Underworld

These were 19.99
X360 - Rockband
PS3 - Lord of the Rings Conquest
Ps3 - Metal Gear Solid

time to preorder marvel alliance 2, demon souls and ninja gaiden sigma 2. happy hunting people

bread's done
Back