BBV Buy a used $9.99+ game, get a $4.99 used game for free.

Raider XMG

CAGiversary!
I just came back fro m BBV, and they are starting a new promotion today, buy 1 used game priced $9.99 or above, and get a $4.99 game free.

There's not a huge selection of $4.99 games, but there are some half decent ones. I picked up Soul Caliber IV for $9.99, and got Tomb Raider Anniversary Wii free. Not a bad deal if you are buying a game anyway.

thx OP!
I was just heading out to Blockbuster to try and trade some games in, will take a look at the used game section, great timing!

[quote name='dtp11']they didn't have this promo up (yet?) at my local BBV[/QUOTE]

Me neither, clerk even checked his emails and notes. Seems to be YMMV.

$4.99? Got to be some quality titles there. All the Catz, Dogz, Monkeyz and Petz games you can shake a stick at!

Its sounds like your BBV was maybe trying to clear out a load of crap.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']$4.99? Got to be some quality titles there. All the Catz, Dogz, Monkeyz and Petz games you can shake a stick at!

Its sounds like your BBV was maybe trying to clear out a load of crap.[/QUOTE]

I saw at $4.99:
- Farcry (Wii)
- Harry Potter (PS3)
- Zelda TP (Wii)
- Call of Juarez (360)
- Viva Pinata (360)
- Spiderman 3 (Wii)

Good games at $9.99
- GTA IV (PS3)
- Tales of Vesperia (360)
- Hot Shot Golf (PS3)
- MGS4 (PS3)

You can get a pretty good duo of games for 10 bucks if your store has decent stock...and is having the promo, of course.

[quote name='matsam']i saw at $4.99:
- farcry (wii)
- harry potter (ps3)
- zelda tp (wii)
- call of juarez (360)
- viva pinata (360)
- spiderman 3 (wii)
[/quote]

what!?

[quote name='nb85']theres no way in hell zelda twilight princess for the wii was priced at $4.99, no wayyyyyyyyyy[/QUOTE]

It is, along with Mario Party 8 and other older games. The only problem is finding stock.

Zelda has been $4.99 for a long time.. I thought stock would have been cleared out a long time ago.

Does the system automatically scan in the free 4.99 game if you buy something > $9.99?

nope, code didn't work for me at 3 different stores. just manually credit the 4.99 out, and thats how all them did it.

thanks for the heads up... checked out a store in Victoria today. There weren't many $4.99 games left, but managed to get MGS4, Mirror's Edge, WWE Raw, and Skate for $20... not bad!

FYI, Harry Potter on PS3 - both of them - have $9.25 TIV at EB Games. I know, because I bought one off Kijiji to trade in to get FFXIII :)

If I could find Zelda TP I'd be soooooo happy!

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']$4.99? Got to be some quality titles there. All the Catz, Dogz, Monkeyz and Petz games you can shake a stick at!

Its sounds like your BBV was maybe trying to clear out a load of crap.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='matsam']I saw at $4.99:
- Farcry (Wii)
- Harry Potter (PS3)
- Zelda TP (Wii)
- Call of Juarez (360)
- Viva Pinata (360)
- Spiderman 3 (Wii)

Good games at $9.99
- GTA IV (PS3)
- Tales of Vesperia (360)
- Hot Shot Golf (PS3)
- MGS4 (PS3)

You can get a pretty good duo of games for 10 bucks if your store has decent stock...and is having the promo, of course.[/QUOTE]

The moral of the story is..Check stores before putting down a deal. I saw a bunch of decent titles in my wanderings yesterday. Doing trading and seeing what I can snag. :D

Yeah fun times, picked up Spiderman: Web of Shadows (360) - 9.99 got....Pirates of the Caribbean (360) for FREE!

Well, that's all they had. Noticed alot of price drops on their used games recently.

I've had a couple good finds:

Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (360) ($9.99)
Frontlines: Fuel of War (360) (Free)

DeadSpace (360) ($9.99)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) (Free)

Games I've seen for $4.99:

Viva Pinata (360)
007 Quantum of Solace (360)
Frontlines: Fuel of War (360)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (360)
Turok (PS3)
Turning Point Fall of Liberty (PS3)
Eragon (360)
Pirates of the Carribean (360)
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3)
NFL Tour (PS3)
NHL 08 (PS3, 360)
NHL 2k7 (360)
NHL 2K8 (PS3, 360)

Not a huge selection, but not bad for the price, either.

Just picked up the following.

Tales of Vesperia $10
Okami(Wii) $10
Devil May Cry 4 FREE
Naruto Rise of a Ninja FREE

EDIT:

Also, unrelated to the deal.

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon(New) $10
Metroid Prime Hunters(New) $10

So poor, picked up a ton of stuff. Misc prices for 360 stuff I saw.

Quantum of Solace $5
Silent Hill Homecoming $10
The Darkness $5
Wanted $5
Mercenaries 2 $10
Simpson's Game $10
Virtua Fighter 5 $5
Devil May Cry 4 $5
Bourne Identity $10
Armored Core 4 $5
Earth Defense Force 2017 $5
Banjo Kazooe Nuts & Bolts $10

PS3

Alone in the Dark: Inferno $10

WII

Madworld $10

$10:
-GTA IV (360/PS3)
-Indiana Jones/Batman Lego (360/PS3)
-Dragon Ball: Burst Limit (PS3)
-Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)
-Lost Odyssey (360)
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360)
-The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (360)
-Mass Effect (360)
-Dead Space (360)
-House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii)
-Shaun White (Wii)

$5/free
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
-Red Steel (Wii)
-Sonic and the Secret Ring (Wii)
-Scarface (Wii)
-Condemned 2 (PS3)
-Blacksite: Area 51 (PS3)
-Bully (PS2)
-God of War 2 (PS2)
-Peter Jackson's King Kong (360)
-The Darkness (360)
-Saint's Row (360)
-Armored Core 4 (360)
-Call of Juarez (360)

BTW, the games at the Laval location next to autoroute 13 are in some of the worst condition ever, I had to return 4 of them. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blockbuster
- UNRELATED TO THE DEAL $29.99 GAME -

$29.99 - GTA 4 Episodes from Liberty City Xbox 360 is $29.99 USED.

I was happy to find this game and use BBV credit for this!

They haven't been mentioned by anyone else, but if you can find them; Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 at $9.99 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 for the PS2 at $4.99. I actually picked up the later all on its own, and while it still worked, the back of the disk might have been the worst thing I've EVER seen from Blockbuster.

[quote name='JGonspy']They haven't been mentioned by anyone else, but if you can find them; Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360 at $9.99 and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 for the PS2 at $4.99. I actually picked up the later all on its own, and while it still worked, the back of the disk might have been the worst thing I've EVER seen from Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]
Bring it back with your receipt, say it doesn't work and they'll resurface it for free!

bread's done
Back