BBY trade in question

ssr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
When I bought my PS3 back in the day it came bundled with Infamous 1...Well, since the Welcome Back program I picked up Infamous and LBP because I already owned all the games offered. I figured I would just sell those two games to Best Buy and get a GC for them.

I noticed my Infamous (because it came in a bundled PS3) doesn't have a barcode and says not for resale. Will BB still accept this as a trade in? I know it's probably a YMMV thing but figured if anybody had any first hand experience with this it would be helpful. Thanks.

Highly doubt they will, a missing barcode is highly suspicious and they'll probably think it's a fake. Besides, you're better off taking those games and trading it somewhere else because Best buy will probably give you less than crap for them.

It all depends on whether or not the people running the front desk register doing the trades will manually look up the value or not. My closest BB took in my NOT FOR RESALE Little Big Planet 2, Uncharted(from the ESA bundle) and both Modern Warfare games from the two pack of those.

But it is super highly ymmv as to whether or not you'll get a diligent employee who will look up values or just say 'we can't take them' because of the NOT FOR RESALE thing. Essentially you have to get a non lazy BB employee to do the trade for them to take it.

Good luck with that.:razz:

[quote name='Hinoshiko']Highly doubt they will, a missing barcode is highly suspicious and they'll probably think it's a fake. Besides, you're better off taking those games and trading it somewhere else because Best buy will probably give you less than crap for them.[/QUOTE]

Well, from my experience, Amazon won't take it because of no barcode (and their TIV is $8). BB TIV is $7. I have a local used game shop that would likely take it but not sure how much they would give for it. GS I'm not even considering cause I hate them. It doesn't leave a lot of options to trade it in. And with the game being offered free on the PSN Welcome Back program the TIV is likely to drop even more so I'm just trying to get something out of the retail copy I have.

bread's done
Back