Be cautious in dealing with Hardogay

sociopharm02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
About 2 weeks ago (July 1) I purchased Prototype from "Hardogay" for $40.00. When the game did not arrive after about a week I emailed him and asked when he shipped this out and when I should be expecting it. He said that he mailed it on the 6th and that it should arrive here by Friday at the latest. Friday came and went and no game was to be seen. I emailed him again asking if he had any tracking information because the game had not yet arrived. No response. Monday I checked the mail again and no game. Emailed him again asking for him to respond and through a small amount of research found that he sells things on HighDefDigest and DVDTalk as the user "scottpilgrim". I left him messages on both of those sites as it appears he visits there more frequently then he does here. Again no reply. I also found out from another buyer that the same thing happened to him and the only time he could get him to reply about an item that had not yet arrived for him was to file a PayPal claim. He has signed on to his highdefdigest account since the message was left for him and as I said before no reply. The thing is he has good feedback here and on the other sites as well. The not responding to numerous messages and the fact that on the other forums he still has Prototype listed as being for sale even though you can see he has updated his sale page has me agitated and concerned. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone in the future that might be dealing with him. I filed a PayPal claim so maybe now he will reply. I will update if anything happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks man. Hopefully this dude will get your stuff to you and not be a bag of douche. PM Shrike to make sure he gets a trader time out so nobody else get ripped off.

Bah, what is with these shitty traders lately. I'm glad I have high feedback so that I don't have to worry about this shit. Granted, yours is up there, but unless someone has higher feedback than me, I am not sending first, even if it is money. This is just getting annoying.

Hope it resolves, he's either trying to pull a fast one or avoid you for various reasons and it's still on the way. Make sure you PM Shrike immediately to help you out if you haven't.

Stuff like this scares me just a bit. Reputable members with high feedback coming back and scamming and taking advantage of their score.

Although, I feel safe due to the MASSIVE amount of support a person gets whenever they do get a bit stuck in a trade.

I hope you get your money back for the game or will be able to catch him and get his side of the story.

Yeah, unfortunately not all scammers are new users. They either plan to get high feedback and then scam big time, or start new and get small scams.
There's got to be something to stop this shit from happening. I know it's all by chance and you're taking one by trading with strangers around the world through mail, but this is getting ridiculous anymore.

Geez, that sucks man, hope everything works out with you.

I was also sad to see 8BitWonder might be a scammer, I thought he was a cool guy. Hopefully my feedback score is satisfactory for everyone, though :D

Item arrived, basically he just lied about everything else, did not include the correct postage so i owed 34 cents. Said he shipped it on the 6th but did not in fact ship it until the 13th, which coincidentally is the day I opened the PayPal dispute.So the item arrived but I would be cautious in dealing with him in the future.

make sure to leave him neg or neutral feedback. he doesnt deserve positive from the sounds of it.

Also you should re-title the thread since you did get the game. Just something about warning them about dealing with his late shipping or something to that extent so nobody gets too worried.

Glad you got your game though. I hate seeing people get scammed it pisses me off so much.

bread's done
Back