Beatles Rock Band Ltd. Edition Premium Bundle (PS3) $91 Amazon

Can anyone comment on the guitar (or is this one a bass?)? I only have an original RB guitar and I've been looking for a replacement. But it is so tough to justify a big purchase.

[quote name='SDC']Can anyone comment on the guitar (or is this one a bass?)? I only have an original RB guitar and I've been looking for a replacement. But it is so tough to justify a big purchase.[/QUOTE]

It's a bass... not that it really matters.

Also it will rape the fuck out of your original RB1 guitar.

I bought it at full price launch day, and I still firmly believe I got my money's worth. With the total hours I've pounded both into the games and instruments (as well as everyone else who was playing with me), I've EASILY reached my "happy quota" of 1$ paid per hour discussing the game/playing the game/etc.

If you still have RB1 gear, jump on this deal right now. The drums are phenomenal, the bass is a joy to play. It may require you to have slightly longer arms, but if you enjoy playing on just the solo buttons (as I've taught myself to do), it's great. Strumbar and buttons are sleek and beautiful.

Also, (what they don't tell you) the dongle for the Höfner has 2 USB ports in it, so you can use it as another hub of sorts. So for you PS3 slim guys out there, you can take your RB1 hub and plug drums, 2nd guitar, and one mix in one port, and the other port can be bass and 2 mics.

Totally considering buying this bundle again - my bass finally gave up the ghost after a year of dedicated expert play, and 3! full game, full combos (TB:RB bass AND guitar, and Lego:RB bass.).

All in all, an excellent purchase, and you should TOTALLY jump on this if you want, frankly, the premiere Rock Band experience.

Note: yes, RB3 is coming, and pro mode, which would be incompatible with the Höfner. However, these drums are the best drums you can buy for RB without puchasing the IONs, and can support cymbals, and in RB3, a 2nd bass pedal/hi-hat pedal (note: charts will not be made to support these, they will simply be optional for usage)

And yes, while the guitar doesn't support pro mode, odds are that there'll be just one person (you) REALLY interested in it, and everyone else will want to play the same as before.

Totally worth it

So I've got it for the Wii and want to switch over. It looks like I should be able to sell my Wii edition on eBay and buy this new, and still come out ahead. Does amazon let you trade in the instruments?

bread's done
Back