Beatles: Rock Band Special Edition (PS3/360) $236 at Amazon

The peripherals look great and the gameplay seems to have been spiced up. So hard to stay away, but I'm going to hold out and hope the price drops further (and more steeply) in the future. Thanks for the tip, Cheapy!

Hmmmm. Checked my old order and the price did not reflect this new discount. So i canceled that order and made a new one. But when I tried to add the ECA discount it says that their expired. Anyone else have this problem.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hmmmm. Checked my old order and the price did not reflect this new discount. So i canceled that order and made a new one. But when I tried to add the ECA discount it says that their expired. Anyone else have this problem.[/QUOTE]Yeah. All the codes expired after the 30th. The ECA is supposedly working with Amazon to correct the issue. :cry:

As cool as the instruments look, I really don't think I can justify spending this much when my existing RB2 peripherals will work just fine.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Hmmmm. Checked my old order and the price did not reflect this new discount. So i canceled that order and made a new one. But when I tried to add the ECA discount it says that their expired. Anyone else have this problem.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was necessary...

Amazon's Pre-order Price Guarantee
Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.

Thanks Cheapy for the heads up, but realistically, how can anyone justify spending this much on a video game set when it's more expensive than the console you will be playing it on? Not to mention this whole "recession" we've found ourselves in.

Thanks but no Thanks.

My wife wants this real bad (she was the one who bought Rock Band to begin with.) Everytime I go to the used stores and see the glut of plastic instruments, I want to tell her to just wait it out. Unless we find good pre-order swag (so far I haven't seen any,) I really hope I can get her to wait. Though, $236 with no sales tax or shipping is much better than $249 plus tax at Gamestop.

[quote name='SNESimon']I don't see myself paying $200 + for a game any time soon. Why the hell is it so expensive?[/QUOTE]
Same.

[quote name='SNESimon']I don't see myself paying $200 + for a game any time soon. Why the hell is it so expensive?[/QUOTE]

One reason is companies want to test the limits of people's wallets. How much will people be willing to pay?

I think this price is insane. Even Steel Battalion was cheaper than this. :)

Probably b/c of the instruments. It comes with a Hofner Bass and the drums have a black oyster pearl finish and a drum head with the Beatles' logo.

I'm fine with my GH3 and RB2 guitars and RB2 drums.

Thanks for post op, but not my cup of tea right now. =(
151l1259.jpg

People will buy it, probably.

I'm sure I'll get the game, probably at launch, but as cool as the instruments look:

A) I'm sure they won't ultimately be that high in quality, at least no where near high enough to justify the price point.
B) My existing RB2 periphs will work just fine.

FWIW, the current OXM notes that while the Hoffner bass is really pretty, it has the guitar straps attached in the authentic locations, making the bass unbalanced and causing it to tilt away from you while playing it.

would the stuff work with Rock Band 2 and guitar hero World tour and the other guitar hero games

WTF? Wow...that's a lot........ I thought RB2 was expensive....now this is just overkill. I wonder what's next Rock Band 4 with real instruments tweaked for gaming for 699.99?

Beatles stuff always has a premium attached to it. I've been wanting to buy the entire Beatles discography and I'm still amazed by how much the albums can sell for.

[quote name='CheapyD']I don't think that was necessary...

Amazon's Pre-order Price Guarantee
Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Cheapy but that's the way Amazon rolls. Sometimes when I pre order they will reflect the new price in my account summary. Other times they wont and when I email them in the past they tell me to just re-order. So i screwed myself on this one. I lost out on the 10% due to the fact that the ESA is screwed up again.

*Update* Called amazon to have them fix it. Had a polite middle eastern guy with crappy phone connection string me along for 20 minutes not completely understanding or willing to help me finally hang up on me (hopefully accidental). Called back and it was some lady with a southern accent. Took about 2 minutes and she fixed it. Now I am at 212, but boy what a hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Amazon's pre-order price guarantee has caused me a lot of problems lately. It is by no means as automatic as they claim. I just had to deal with it with BlazBlue, I ordered at $57.99 and it dropped to $56.99. They didn't automatically adjust so I had to email them and I got the "We no longer have a price protection policy and so we shouldn't do anything for you so against policy and as a one-time courtesy we'll adjust it..."

I know it was only $1 but some of the items have been much higher ($5-$10) and I've had to email them about 90% of the time and get the same BS that they act like the Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't exist. I'm just in the habit now of keeping track of prices, and dammit, if it's their policy to honor the price up until the end of the day of release I'm holding them to it.

Cheapy, if you have any pull with any higher-ups at Amazon you may want to mention to them that they need to either clarify how it works to their CSRs or make the system actually work, as I have had nothing but problems with it.

The new instruments look hot,but I can't imagine ppl paying so much for this set...especially went most ppl have multiple plastic instruments already...

bread's done
Back