Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition (X360/PS3) as low as $50.49 AR @ FYE

bjork73

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at FYE (actually a Sam Goody, but same company) yesterday and found several Beatles Rock Band Special Value Edition bundles (RB1 instruments, I know, I know...) stickered at $129.99, with separate "$69.99 After Mail-In Rebate" stickers on them. Also, they seem to be running a 15% off first purchase special for signing up for a Backstage Pass VIP trial according to fliers at the front of the store. Some quick math leads to

$129.99 - $19.50 (15% off for the VIP trial) - $60 (MIR) = $50.49 + (your sales tax rate X $110.49)

Not bad for those not picky about the instruments :) There may also be a coupon you could use that comes with the VIP trial, but that seems to be very YMMV according to past threads... On another note, the Wii version was marked at $159.99 with no rebate, but I saw some of the Ebay sale prices and, well... wow :shock:

[quote name='heyheyhey11']We cags are very picky about getting RB1 instruments[/QUOTE]

Are you all cags? You are not me, for one, so epic logic FAIL; also, it's the game plus instruments for less than the MSRP of the game itself, so in my eyes it's a legit deal.

the RB1 guitar may be hit or miss, but a CAG would trade in the game for store credit and in the end you have a backup drum, mic, guitar set, 48 hr XBL gold trial card, beatles avatar tshirts, for about $25...

that's CAG enough for me, I'm head there tomorrow if it doesn't snow storm.

Hm. I work at a Sam Goody, myself, and I've never heard of a 15% off promotion with the BSP VIP... Ours just gives 10% off free for thirty days. I'll check my bundles while I'm working today, but the store I work at is also one that's not going to carry new games after Christmas... :/

Not bad. It's basically like buying the game and getting the instruments for almost nothing. The RB1 instruments might not be the best, but they work, and they will serve as good backups, or the ones you let your careless friend(s) use.

For $50, this is alright. The guitar sucks but those are the easiest things to buy cheap. For the drums you might want metal foot pedal and drum pads.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']We cags are very picky about getting RB1 instruments[/QUOTE]

But this might be a perfect gift for someone with small children or even adults that don't know the difference between RB1 and RB2 kits.

[quote name='eliter1']But this might be a perfect gift for someone with small children or even adults that don't know the difference between RB1 and RB2 kits.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. The whole CAG and RB1 instruments post was completely useless, and doesn't nearly mean all CAGS here wouldn't want to buy this. thanks for the heads up OP.

I called the FYE at Westland Mall in Michigan, and the lackey said that they were $159.99 with a $50 rebate. Not enough confirmation that he is wrong to brave the mall at this time of year.

By the by, a call should not be a cardinal sin in this case, since it is not a clearance or price mistake. The employees are generally in the know about the rebates at FYE (I've found,) but usually don't care about them.

bread's done
Back