Beatles Rock Band standalone 30% off at Borders

meiskru

CAGiversary!
Okay, so I'm not sure if this is YMMV but...
I work at Borders Books, Music, and Cafe, where the only game related things we usually carry are Strategy Guides. However, for the Beatles Remastered Release, we got in copies of The Beatles Rock Band standalone in stock at my store. And now, there is a coupon for 30% off one item for Borders Rewards members. So essentially it is roughly 18 dollars off. It's free to be a member (just need email and phone number). Make sure to say you saw a 30% of one item coupon because there are also 30% one book coupon (which obviously won't apply). If you don't have the coupon in hand, make sure you ask because technically we aren't suppose to just "give" customers coupons.

UPDATE:
Also changed on original post, but I'm in Arizona, and the coupon should work. CDs and DVDs work with "one item" coupons, so they should work. Electronics applies to actual electronic devices. I'm not sure what constitutes an electronic device though because I "think" I recall ringing in a customer with a coupon for one of those electronic dictionaries...
There is another coupon out...there is a link provided by PenguinoMF below

UPDATE:
Heads up: One, most likely the people who work there will not know that they have the game. Just politely ask them to check the Beatles display for it. This is the first time we have ever gotten any games, and so the automatic response for employees is "no." Two, just politely ask and see if they can try the coupon. It should ring through fine. If you are polite, but adamant, they should let it go through. You want to at least have them scan it because the computer should automatically take it off--I know some people have had employees have to manually discount, but that should be rare. If the scanning doesn't take it off, then it depends on the "happiness" level of that employee at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used 30% Coupon + 5 "Borders Bucks" found in my inbox this morning to get it for $36.99 + Tax. The coupon didn't scan, but the cashier entered in the discount manually with no questions after reading the coupon. Thanks OP for posting!

[quote name='moonphrogg']anyone know which borders carry video games in the Orlando area? Tried the Winter Park one already with no luck. . .[/QUOTE]

Borders usually never stocks videogames. This is a special exception, to cash in on the current Beatlemania 2.0. If your store has any copies, they are most likely in a display with other Beatles merch.

I got my copy at the Lewisville.TX store this week. It originally rang through as electronics, but the manager came over to over-ride it without any problems. Thanks for the heads up!

I checked the Borders in Crossgates Mall in ALbany and no Rock Band Games. I did check the Beatles merch section. I will check the other stores in the next day or so. I did check online and it says "Online only not in stores."

I just went to Borders on 3rd St. in San Francisco. Took me a while to find the Beatles Stand, but it had games for all three systems. There were about 4 games per system. Took the game and coupon to the cashier and had no problems or questions. Cost me about $45 after tax (10% bay area tax, blah).

[quote name='The_Spaceman']I checked the Borders in Crossgates Mall in ALbany and no Rock Band Games. I did check the Beatles merch section. I will check the other stores in the next day or so. I did check online and it says "Online only not in stores."[/QUOTE]

FYI, I went to the same Borders this morning and got my copy without a problem, looked like there were about 3 or 4 for each system set up behind the registers near the front.

[quote name='Grizzly Adam']FYI, I went to the same Borders this morning and got my copy without a problem, looked like there were about 3 or 4 for each system set up behind the registers near the front.[/QUOTE]

I didn't check there. I should have checked. Will try again tomorrow :) . Thanks for the info.

Be sure to ask a salesperson for the game. My local Borders had two Beatles tables, one in the middle of the store with CDs, posters, and other memorabilia, and another table in the corner with the games (video, board games, etc.)

Good luck.

[quote name='cycophuk']So will this only work with RB: Beatles or can I use the coupon on any game?[/QUOTE]

Hypothetically, this will work with any video game that Borders sells in store. However, like the original poster mentioned, Borders doesn't normally sell video games in store - the Beatles Rock Band seems to be a special case because of the release of the Remastered CD's.

So if you can find other games at your local Borders then the coupon should work, but chances are they won't carry any other games except Beatles Rock Band.

[quote name='Phrozenspite']has anyone tried their luck with the beatles RB sets? the columbus circle borders has a few of them behind the counter[/QUOTE]

That's the first I've heard of any of them having the full band set.

You might as well try, but they would definitely have a legitimate reason to deny you on account of the full set counting as "electronics."

[quote name='moonphrogg']anyone know which borders carry video games in the Orlando area? Tried the Winter Park one already with no luck. . .[/QUOTE]

I got the last PS3 version at the Altamonte Springs store this morning, but they still had a couple left for 360. Under $45 after tax, not bad. I also called Oviedo and they had some for each console.

Worked FLAWLESSLY at the Borders in Hyde Park in Chicago.

I didn't even want the game really... but I had to pick up the PS3 version simply because Borders NEVER has games... live *ever*.

GREAT FIND!

Worked at the Glendale, CA store - no questions asked, the cashier put a manual over-ride in without blinking. Then I paid him and he finally started blinking. Weird dude.

Thanks, op!

[quote name='eastx']How do you get the $5 off coupon?[/QUOTE]

Probably part of the Borders Rewards program. You have to spend $150 first.

Looks like I'll be making a trip to Borders some time in the near future. I'll post back if (or when) I go and let you guys know how it works. It looks like a lot of people have had luck with it so hopefully I will, too.

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']Looks like I'll be making a trip to Borders some time in the near future. I'll post back if (or when) I go and let you guys know how it works. It looks like a lot of people have had luck with it so hopefully I will, too.[/QUOTE]

Good luck!

Just got shot down at the 14th and F St NW location in DC, which is doubly depressing since someone else in the thread was successful at that location. It's because I got an inexperienced cashier who had to ask management. I'll try some other stores.

No problem using the 30% coupon along with $5 Bonus Bucks at the W. Broad St. location in Richmond, VA. One PS3 copy left after mine, along with several each for 360 and Wii. :)

No more PS3 copies at the Town Square location in Las Vegas. Tried yesterday. 5 or 6 copies each of the Wii and 360 version though. Might try again today. Meh, I'll just call them.

Got a 360 copy of TB:RB at Borders @ Oakridge Mall, San Jose, CA. Coupon didn't automatically apply, but after reading the coupon, the manager literally went "that's a good deal. i'm getting one too".

Just checked Louisville, KY store and games were in stock, right at the Beatles display stand, as suggested.

Forgot to print out coupon but they are also running an "Education Week" discount through Oct 7th, which was stated as 30% off anything in store. Not sure if that's local or what, but my wife works for a university so she just flashed her ID and voila.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Just checked Louisville, KY store and games were in stock, right at the Beatles display stand, as suggested.

Forgot to print out coupon but they are also running an "Education Week" discount through Oct 7th, which was stated as 30% off anything in store. Not sure if that's local or what, but my wife works for a university so she just flashed her ID and voila.[/QUOTE]

I went with someone with the education discount & got denied for the savings. They gave us the fine print "Note: Discount excludes DVDs, electronics, video games"

Off to find another Borders. ;)

[quote name='gi60']Just fyi - there is a 40% coupon on SD.[/QUOTE]

got a link? could only find the coupon for 40% off list price of one book, and that was released early (should have been 10/8 - 10/12)

[quote name='gi60']Just fyi - there is a 40% coupon on SD.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its good until the 8th. Apparently it was released early, so it won't work online yet, but may work in stores.

[quote name='icedrake523']The 40% off coupon is only for one book.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess that kills that idea.

No go for me in Durham NC. The cashier said it comes up under electronics and there was nothing she could do. I would have pursued it with the manager but it was late and I just decided to go with amazon - 10% off with ECA makes their deal close and I've got prime so I didn't even have to wait much.

I wasn't planning to pick this up, but my mother is a Borders Rewards member, and there is a $5 off coupon lying around here, so I'm going to see if I can get it for under $40.

Hopefully they actually stock the game at my local store

[quote name='lolwut?']I wasn't planning to pick this up, but my mother is a Borders Rewards member, and there is a $5 off coupon lying around here, so I'm going to see if I can get it for under $40.

Hopefully they actually stock the game at my local store[/QUOTE]
Is there a new 30% coupon? The 40% one out is just for books.

[quote name='icedrake523']Is there a new 30% coupon? The 40% one out is just for books.[/QUOTE]

No, but the 30% one listed in this thread doesn't expire until the 11th, so I should be fine

Ended up getting it for $33.91 after tax; apparently my mother had $10 Borders Bucks on her account. I couldn't pass it up at that price. Cashier didn't even question the coupon and just scanned it; there were 5 copies on the 360, 3-4 on Wii, and 1 on PS3.

This was at the Manchester, CT Borders

[quote name='icedrake523']Is there a new 30% coupon? The 40% one out is just for books.[/QUOTE]

There is a 30% automatic off if you are an educator. This weekend only.

bread's done
Back