beatmania USA (ship date 3/28) $49.89 shipped at Newegg.com

yyr

CAGiversary!
MSRP = $64.99. Release date 3/28, in stores 3/29.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16879248003

For those who don't know: this is an adaptation of Konami's famous "beatmania" and "beatmania IIDX" music game series, developed exclusively for the American audience. It contains around 50 songs, two game modes and lots of challenge. It's a typical music game: hit the buttons/scratch the turntable when the scrolling targets reach a line. The controller features not only the turntable but a whopping 7 keys.

Of the games in the Bemani series (beatmania, Dance Dance Revolution, pop'n music, Guitar Freaks/Drummania, etc.), beatmania IIDX is widely regarded as the most difficult. However, once you "get it," it is a LOT of fun. As far as price: I paid around $80 for the imported controller alone, and each Japanese version is around $60 new. Now, you can get an improved version of the same controller PLUS a game for only 50 beans. And for the hardcore, this controller is 100% compatible with the Japanese versions of the game, so even if you don't care about the disc, it's a great deal on a controller =)

Enjoy.

I don't think the game is being sold without the controller.

How much does Amazon charge for shipping on this? Is it eligible for free shipping?

[quote name='yyr']I don't think the game is being sold without the controller.

How much does Amazon charge for shipping on this? Is it eligible for free shipping?[/QUOTE]

The listign says "Beatmania Bundle" and the description indicates it does come with the controller. It looks like it's offered from Target via Amazon, which means no free shipping and most likely sales tax will be added. I imagine it would come out almost the same, if not a little bit more, than the NewEgg price.

bread's done
Back