Beautiful Katamari + 1600 MS Points

EmeraldKing

CAGiversary!
6a00e55084c661883301116887d9a2970c-pi

So the contest is simple, what I ask is that you create some simple, or complex if you wish, box art for a game. What kind of game you ask? Well here's the twist: the box art for this game must be respective of a fictional collaboration between two influential forces within the video game industry. Those individuals would be Shigeru Miyamoto & Cliff Bleszinski.

As far as parameters are concerned. All media will be considered; whether that be a scan from a hand drawing, a simple composition from MS Paint, or the result of good Photoshop. The deadline for entries is March 10th, voting for the best box art will begin March 11th, and the deadiline for all voting will be the 16th. Please email all entries to [email protected]. And if you have any questions please ask.

Keep it clean, good luck, and most importantly have fun.

UPDATE #6
It's been brought to my attention that there may be some individuals that have been "juking" the polls. So I have closed those polls down and will not be using those stats to determine who has won. I would like to ask all the CAG's to vote in this thread to determine the winners; that way we can tie user names to votes.

- Any votes from users that have joined this month will not be counted.
- New voting ends March 17th 11:00 PM PT

Additionally, I would like to apologize to those who have taken a lot of time to create their submissions. I didn't foresee this.

UPDATE #5

Polls shut down.

UPDATE #4
1st Place - Beautiful Katamari & 1600 MS Points.
2nd Place - Unreal Tournament 3
3rd Place - 800 MS Points

UPDATE #3
For fairness please keep it to one entry, if you do more than one entry than please let me know which you'd like to use.

UPDATE #2
Both Beautiful Katamari and the 1600 MS Points will both be the award for the winner of the contest. But seeing the effort that all of the users have put forth so far I am starting to think that 2nd and 3rd place prizes are appropriate! And yes, you guys and the six people who read my blog will be voting on the boxart, via a poll widget on the sidebar. I didn't know how well this contest would work but you guys have done some truly AWESOME work so far! Thanks!

UPDATE #1
The points were bought awhile ago. Neither Beautiful Katamari nor the 1600 MS Points are from the CC liquidation. This was a contest that was supposed to be held about a month ago, but I couldn't manage to get around to it.

Additionally, I would appreciate you emailing them to me first, but I will reconcile all entries from the thread and email. So no worries. And just as a reminder I won't be doing the judging, that will begin on March 10th, and will be based upon a sidebar widget on my blog.
The entries have been awesome so far. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm laughing at the thought of entering (I'm a MSPainter, and that's being generous)...but I want to give you some massive props for these fun contests!

For those unfamiliar, EmeraldKing held a Carcassonne tourney for a PAX swag package. I was lucky enough to edge out davfer, and I have never been more delighted to have such an awesome lot of gaming memorabilia to display. Thanks again! :D

Out of curiosity: what factors will weigh what, in the judging of the box art?

Go to see you again Mighty.

The judging will be open, just to take the bias out of it. I'll be putting a poll widget on the sidebar of my blog after the initial deadline, so whoever gets the most votes from March 11th to 16th will win.

Like I said man, MS Paint will work. I didn't want to put any real restrictions on it as I thought it would be fun to see the variance of artistic talent and humor.

Good luck.

Those points didn't come from the Circuit City Liquidation, did they?

Looking forward to seeing the entries, hopefully I'll come up with something myself.

End the contest because its over

you are about to see the most beautiful work of art

prepare your eyes

I'm not kidding

seriously

SuperYoshiRider.jpg

don't ask me why Yoshi's tail is so long

So we design the cover for a game that's a creation by CliffyB and Mr. Miyamoto?

Sounds challenging and fun enough for me to make time in my schedule to make some kind of effort.

Edit: Curious to know how the judging will be. Are you looking for games that look awesome, or games that look so stupid that its funny?

Bah, if only I knew how to photoshop! I have the perfect idea. If anyone can photoshop, I can help you out and give you the idea, and we can split the prize! :p

[quote name='smellhasreturned']End the contest because its over

you are about to see the most beautiful work of art

prepare your eyes

I'm not kidding

seriously

SuperYoshiRider.jpg

don't ask me why Yoshi's tail is so long

Bowser.jpg

Great Contest Emerald King. I've been itching to use P.S. with all the work i've got.

OK here is my try.
This is what would happen if Microsoft bought the Nintendo.
GEARS OF BROS. WORLD
gobw.jpg

And the next Gears of War.
graw3.jpg

I hope they are good because it took me 3-4 hours.

- bigsakis25 -
my.php

mariovgears.png

I think the text needs a bit of work tho

some originals in case anyone wants to check it out

mario-strikers-charged1.jpg

marcus

This was a spoof of Marvel vs Capcom but i couldnt think of good text to put in it

Shrooms of War just saved me a lot of time and creative effort, good job

edit: oh what the hey I made one anyway

[quote name='Nintendocore']Since everyone seems to be posting their on here, so I might as well post it, too.
[/quote]

Damn you beat me to it! XD I was actually thinking of doing a game titled shrooms of war. Oh Well.

Wow, Shrooms of war has the title, the logo, and the little mario scene on the bottom.
/Contest

Nice and Nicely Done Nintendocore

Does the winner get both Beautiful Katamari and 1600 or is it like 1st place gets to choose and 2nd place gets the leftovers?

All done and email sent. Here it is for you other CAGs, if you wanted to see it. (A little late to do anything about it but I kinda forgot the n in "known" XD.)
CompBoxMARCH.png

[quote name='sippycupz']hi, I'll try for fun. I don't think it will win but if it makes smiles, it was worth it:cool: Enjoy
[/quote]

Definitely made me smile, nice one :p

[quote name='sippycupz']hi, I'll try for fun. I don't think it will win but if it makes smiles, it was worth it:cool: Enjoy
[/quote]

I got a kick out of it :booty:

You upload the picture on a website such as imageshack.us, photobucket.com, tinypic.com and then get the url or that and post it here as an image.

[quote name='xNightfire147x']All done and email sent. Here it is for you other CAGs, if you wanted to see it. (A little late to do anything about it but I kinda forgot the n in "known" XD.)
CompBoxMARCH.png
[/quote]

Some great entries so far but this one is my favorite. It looks even better when you save it to your desktop and zoom in on it. Great work Nightfire! I look foward to seeing what other CAG's make as well.

I hope my cover is not forgotten because I posted it at the first page.
I see some really great work so far and I like the antagonism.

Whoa..there are some awesome box art designs! :D

I was going to enter one of my box art designs..Then I realized it's not eligible because it doesn't collaborate Shigeru Miyamoto and Cliff Bleszinski. :(

But just for laughs here it is:

residentelmo.jpg

Resident Elmo

bread's done
Back