Beautiful Katamari + 1600 MS Points

[quote name='tivo']
Bowser.jpg

Great Contest Emerald King. I've been itching to use P.S. with all the work i've got.[/QUOTE]

fucking Awesome

[quote name='sparky100']Whoa..there are some awesome box art designs! :D

I was going to enter one of my box art designs..Then I realized it's not eligible because it doesn't collaborate Shigeru Miyamoto and Cliff Bleszinski. :(

But just for laughs here it is:

residentelmo.jpg

Resident Elmo[/quote]
hahahahaha

[quote name='EmeraldKing']Updated OP (2nd and 3rd place prizes).
Last day to enter.
Polls should be up by 0600 PT tomorrow.

Thanks![/quote]

OMG great news. I can't wait for the results. :bouncy:

here's my entry...i had to resize it to upload, so it's much bigger than it is here :D

edf0394f.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EmeraldKing']Updated OP (2nd and 3rd place prizes).[/quote]
Awesome, hope I win at least something. Seeing as the contest is coming to an end, good luck to all the entries, there were some awesome boxes.

Here

Voting starts at 8AM, I had to make three polls for all the entries. Great job guys! I apologize if they're not exactly in order, just how the poll widget worked. And I tried to put the pictures next to the buttons, but that wouldn't have fit into the sidebar.

Voting ends at 11:30 PM on the 15th. Good luck.

[quote name='jasonsoldout']thanks emeraldking!
im really crossing my fingers on this one
beautiful katamari is such a rare gem[/quote]
Strange.
I saw one at Walmart.

picture.php

A friend told me about this contest and decided to create a piece for this event. The main picture was drawn and inked by hand and colored/edited in Photoshop. Good luck to everyone who entered!

[quote name='cezkid']
picture.php

A friend told me about this contest and decided to create a piece for this event. The main picture was drawn and inked by hand and colored/edited in Photoshop. Good luck to everyone who entered![/QUOTE]

wow, this is really really good :0
but the entry deadline was yesterday, i'm sorry :( you just missed it

try to pm emeraldking though and see what he says.

[quote name='1Sail0r']
but the entry deadline was yesterday, i'm sorry :( you just missed it[/quote]

[quote name='EmeraldKing']The deadline for entries is March 10th, voting for the best box art will begin March 11th, and the deadiline for all voting will be the 16th.[/quote]

My entry:

frontdee.jpg
backe.jpg

Seeing as how I didn't specify a time; I will allow all entries berore midnight tonight PT. But I can't add you to the polls until tomorrow after I'm done with work (0500 PT).

wow...i expected shrooms of war to run away with this, but it looks like it might not even make the top 3. i think we have a case of shenanigans.

[quote name='jasonsoldout']haha here's mine
i spent a solid 4-5 hours on it
im crossing my fingers :)

supermushroomwars.png
[/QUOTE]

why is there a XIII screenshot on the back?

[quote name='EmeraldKing']^^Sorry but I took what I was given. Deadline for entries has closed.[/quote]

On the poll my entry is called Mario vs Gears but at the picture the title you put was Gears vs Mario.

I think it would be a lot easier if u just numbered them

[quote name='thebattlebegins']So are we just voting here now? I vote Mario vs. Gears[/quote]

Yes. Please vote here. PT = Pacific Time

NintenCOGS

I'm not proud to vote for my own entry, but I think I'm going to need all the help I can get.:) Besides...someone else already did it too.

oh wow just noticed this :0

[quote name='EmeraldKing']UPDATE #6
It's been brought to my attention that there may be some individuals that have been "juking" the polls. So I have closed those polls down and will not be using those stats to determine who has won. I would like to ask all the CAG's to vote in this thread to determine the winners; that way we can tie user names to votes.

- Any votes from users that have joined this month will not be counted.
- New voting ends March 17th 11:00 PM PT

Additionally, I would like to apologize to those who have taken a lot of time to create their submissions. I didn't foresee this.[/quote]

nice call. i thought polls like those counted cookies though and could tell if you voted before?

i vote for myself btw :) if that's not against the rules lol. hope this doesn't turn into a popularity contest for the votes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YoatOverNothing']NintenCOGS

I'm not proud to vote for my own entry, but I think I'm going to need all the help I can get.:) Besides...someone else already did it too.[/quote]

Hehe, makes sense. There should be a rule that you can't vote on your own entry, but then you'll just get people that go "vote for mine and I'll vote for yours" :p

my vote is for NintenCogs featuring Barkus Fenix...it's the only one that i actually find amusing. there are too many that are just gears and mario mashups (including my entry)...whereas NintenCogs is slightly more left field, a good photoshop edit, and the user actually made an attempt to come up with a creative name instead of just "mario and gears videogame".

regarding the change to the voting, i'm glad you changed it. i noticed that people had been cheating, but i figured that i would look like a sore loser if i complained about it too much. i don't mean to call people out, but on the blog polls, you could view a map with markers for where all of the votes were coming from and i noticed that Super Marcus Bros. 3 was in the lead with approximately 65 votes, but there were only 3 markers on the entire map for it, even when you zoom all of the way in.

[quote name='polo14player']idk how fair this is seeing someone has more than one account on here, maybe three. so really not fair.[/quote]

I'm hoping for enough CAG's to vote that will make you very valid point moot. But we'll see. This is unfortunately the next best thing. I didn't really think that it would be necessary, when I was coming up with the contest, but ppl never cease to surprise me.

[quote name='polo14player']idk how fair this is seeing someone has more than one account on here, maybe three. so really not fair.[/quote]

Just because 3 people voted for the same picture you think it's multis? That's pretty crappy logic if you ask me. Watch, when everyone votes for Shrooms of War, are you going to say that that person made a bunch of accounts to vote for it?

[quote name='EmeraldKing'] I didn't really think that it would be necessary, when I was coming up with the contest, but ppl never cease to surprise me.[/quote]

If there's a way to cheat...there will be people who will do it. It never fails.

believe me people are cheating, in no way will this contest be fair. it's a shame when someone like emerald king makes things fun and offers prizes for other cags that people would ruin it. well if you really want the prizes that bad, take'em. u ever heard of karma?? i'm pulling my entry out and voting for super yoshi rider or something like that. i did an entry that was way left field too, it was'nt the greatest but it was orginal! and don't fire back at me because i what's up.

bread's done
Back