Beauty and the Beast, A Christmas Carol, and new Tinkerbell for $45

opterasis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZX44I

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NFM3JU

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DKJ5ZU

During checkout, it will subtract $10 per title from the total. Works with any combination of 2 also. I grabbed BatB and A Christmas Carol for around 30$ (actually $25, but I know, my amazon credit doesn't count). Since they are all different release dates, it will probably be better than waiting for the coupons from Disney since there will probably be no in store Buy 2/ Save X deal.

nice find op! I think I'll put an order in for BatB and Christmas Carol (but will probably cancel later on because of in-store coupons). I think it's VERY interesting to note that A Christmas Carol will have a 3D Blu-Ray also bundled with the combo pack, making it a 4-Disc set. (not that most of us have 3D tv's, but still!)

thanks op!

EDIT:

ordered Christmas Carol and BatB for $33.98 shipped on release date. Thanks op!

Great deal. No risk on a pre-order, won't get charged until they ship. If a better deal comes along, just cancel the Amazon order. $15 and change each for these is very good. Plus, I'll bet the price will drop a few dollars before they're released, esp. on BatB and Christmas Carol.

Cool to have the 3D disc of Christmas Carol as well. I just got Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs on 3D Blu-ray, for my PC. I'm using Nvidia 3D Vision with PowerDVD 10 Ultra, and they just released their Mark II update, which supports 3D Blu-ray. The movie itself is nothing to write home about, but the 3D is excellent, even on my 23" monitor. I'm thinking about getting an Optoma HD-66 projector, which supports 3D Vision, and a couple extra pair of Nvidia glasses. Much cheaper entry into 3D Blu-ray than a new TV and Blu-ray player, since I already had a Blu-ray drive in my PC, and had gotten 3D Vision for games. Should look great on my 80" 16x9 pull-up projection screen, which I got for very cheap from Circuit City when they went out of business.

Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't take the chance of forgetting the pre-order and ending up having to ship it back. I've had such good luck with coupons at Target and TRU with Princess and the Frog and Toy Story 1 and 2, that I just have to wait and pick them up locally with the coupons.

Tossed in a pre-order as well for Christmas Carol and B&TB. $33.98 for both at release date is a pretty good option for the moment.

Also, if the price drops on either title before release date, you get that reduced price. Let's hope Walmart decides to have another price war with Amazon before release. Walmart has B&TB at $25.96 and Christmas Carol at $27.96, so expect some lowering of those prices before release, maybe down to $24.99 or lower.

wife has been bugging me for Beauty and the Beast forever, that we had to borrow the initial DVD set (now in the vault) from a family friend (who actually put little artsy return to sender stickers on the case and disc, who does that!?!)

So definitely gonna get that, but isn't Christmas Carol pretty bad? I don't think it did that well in the box office..will probably just pass, already have ...AND OH its the "new new" Tinkerbell!! I thought it was Lost Treasure, ok, now in for 2, hope that combination pops at $34 for me too :D

guess no one is thinking there will be a $10 MFG coupon huh?

EDIT: Wow! ok, for BatB and Tinkerbell it was $27.98 with a $10 Promotion credit deducted twice from $47.98! Did you guys get it deducted twice too? Worried I may have used some 'promotional' money, but seeing as if I don't recall having any..

Picked up all 3. Figured can always cancel if $10 Disney coupons cause B&M price to be less than $15 each or there is a great preorder deal like Toy Story 1, 2, & Princess and the Frog at TRU.

Not too interested in A Christmas Carol, but maybe the price will drop. I had Beauty & the Beast (my favorite Disney movie) preordered from my gold box, but I canceled & reordered with this deal.

I wish there were some other movies as I'd like to get BatB, but I really disliked A Christmas Carol and I know Tinkerbell isn't for moi. Regardless, it's a pretty good deal for those interested.

[quote name='token2k6']EDIT: Wow! ok, for BatB and Tinkerbell it was $27.98 with a $10 Promotion credit deducted twice from $47.98! Did you guys get it deducted twice too? Worried I may have used some 'promotional' money, but seeing as if I don't recall having any..[/QUOTE]It may be an error with the promotion that it should only be applied once, though if you add in two corresponding items, it adds in the promotion twice.

Here's a list of all the corresponding titles:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1268441762&pf_rd_i=B003DZX44I

I think it's an error with the way the promotion is applied as well, but I don't think Amazon will cancel those pre-orders that were placed using the glitch. Either way, I think it's worthwhile in this case to place the pre-order, and see what happens coupon and pricing wise with the movies as their release dates get nearer.

A possible exploit:

If you only want Beauty & the Beast, you could preorder it with Santa Paws (which comes out a month later). Beauty & the Beast will ship at the $16 price, and then you can cancel Santa Paws. I did this once in the past and I wasn't charged anything extra after the first discounted movie shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']A possible exploit:
If you only want Beauty & the Beast, you could preorder it with Santa Paws (which comes out a month later). Beauty & the Beast will ship at the $16 price, and then you can cancel Santa Paws. I did this once in the past and I wasn't charged anything extra after the first discounted movie shipped.
[/QUOTE]
Shhh..... ;)

Did they raise the prices on any of them?

My total came out to be $52.97 for all 3 (not $45 like the OP).
Oh well, i guess I can always cancel as the releases near.

Do you think it's possible to cancel one or two and still keep the discounts?
The only Blu Ray i really want is Beauty and the Beast.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Great deal. No risk on a pre-order, won't get charged until they ship. If a better deal comes along, just cancel the Amazon order. $15 and change each for these is very good. Plus, I'll bet the price will drop a few dollars before they're released, esp. on BatB and Christmas Carol.

Cool to have the 3D disc of Christmas Carol as well. I just got Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs on 3D Blu-ray, for my PC. I'm using Nvidia 3D Vision with PowerDVD 10 Ultra, and they just released their Mark II update, which supports 3D Blu-ray. The movie itself is nothing to write home about, but the 3D is excellent, even on my 23" monitor. I'm thinking about getting an Optoma HD-66 projector, which supports 3D Vision, and a couple extra pair of Nvidia glasses. Much cheaper entry into 3D Blu-ray than a new TV and Blu-ray player, since I already had a Blu-ray drive in my PC, and had gotten 3D Vision for games. Should look great on my 80" 16x9 pull-up projection screen, which I got for very cheap from Circuit City when they went out of business.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Nice!

thanks op....this seems like a sweet deal. Bit on BatB and Christmas Carol (blind)

I swear I never intended to own EVERY disney blu ray. Honest.

Thanks OP...not sure I want Tinkerbell and Christmas Carol however I do want Beauty and the Beast. Great price for the three....will decide what to do with the other two once I receive them. Probably watch Christmas Carol and sell it on ebay along with Tinkerbell. :)

I already had preordered BaTB for $25.98. I cancelled that order and preordered BaTB and Christmas Carol like everyone else for $33.98 shipped. Way better deal. Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back