Beauty and The Beast Platinum Edition

jzerot1437

CAG Veteran
I'm a huge Disney geek, and I've recently almost completed my Disney DVD collection, but I can't seem to find a Platinum Edition of Beauty and the Beast anywhere for a reasonable price. Does anybody have any suggestions/places they could point me to?

Every few years its back in print. Used DVD stores would be another place to check. I believe it goes for $20-24 used right now. Its only been off the shelf for 2 years. Wherehouse.com had a few copies in the other day for i believe...

I just bought like 10 Disney dvds used for $9.00 each at Gamestop. All in great condition, except 1:

The Incredibles
Toy Story 10th Anniversay Edition
Dumbo: Big Top Edition
Peter Pan
Beauty and the Beast
Tarzan
A Bug's Life
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc.

Unfortunately the Beauty and the Beast was the one in bad shape. But for $9.00 Im still taking it. The cover is covered in dirt and the dvds are scratched up more than a Monster Rancher game.

Im looking for Disney dvds as well...sealed...but i know its going to cost me for waiting so long

Beauty and the Beast
Tarzan 2 disc limited edition OoP
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
A Bugs Life 2 disc with slip cover
finding nemo with slip cover
The black cauldron - i dont think this will ever be a platinum movie, so the OoP normal release will have to do.

Dios, you're not really gonna find them sealed. If you do, most people are gonna want a mint for them.

About the only Disney movie I really want is The Lion King. My partner accidently sold it when we needed money for bills because we were strapped as all hell. He wishes he hadn't done it now.

I'm just happy as all hell that I finally got my favorite one back in March, Lady and the Tramp. That was my favorite as a kid. I just need to get Lady and the Tamp II sometime.

And by the way, most are total BS when they say its the first time they've been on DVD. Because about 10 or so were released in a boxset in limted numbers back in '99 or '00. Though, they were just the movie, albet bad transfers. That boxset is worth some serious money if I recall

i have gotten most of the dvds through the years starting with the limited edition versions...but i sold most of those in favor of the 2 disc editions...i wont replace my toy story box set with the newer ones though;) ...i did find a Lion King 2 disc edition from my local ebgames for $5.99...i couldnt believe it so i grabbed it just for the hell of it

[quote name='Jedi1979']i have gotten most of the dvds through the years starting with the limited edition versions...but i sold most of those in favor of the 2 disc editions...i wont replace my toy story box set with the newer ones though;) ...i did find a Lion King 2 disc edition from my local ebgames for $5.99...i couldnt believe it so i grabbed it just for the hell of it[/quote]

You realize that those regular LE are decent collectors items right?

of course...but it will only last so long that was why i sold them...the demand was up and i cashed in...when i sold the Little Mermaid a couple of years ago i got around $80 for it

i think i still have the Lady and the Tramp, Lion King 2, 101 Dalmations (since an new one didnt come out yet) Peter Pan, maybe the Jungle Book in Limited issues versions...

actually now that i think about it, i guess i didnt get around to selling most of them and only sold a couple

i know i am getting tired of Disney releasing movies again and again such as Tarzan, Toy Story, A Bugs Life...i mean i have the original special 2 disc edtions and then out of nowhere a new 2 disc set comes out....i thought the vault opens every 10 years....:roll:

I know I've seen this and other OOP Disney DVD's at my local Gamestop. You might want to try there. Next time I go I'll keep an eye out for it.

[quote name='Jedi1979']
i know i am getting tired of Disney releasing movies again and again such as Tarzan, Toy Story, A Bugs Life...i mean i have the original special 2 disc edtions and then out of nowhere a new 2 disc set comes out....i thought the vault opens every 10 years....:roll:[/quote]

There are only a select few that are part of the vault. Majority of the Disney films just are pulled off the shelf for 2-3 years at a time. The big movies Lion King, Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, etc. are the ones referred to as the vault. I am sure there is a complete list somwhere.

Truthfully when they pull the others of the shelf several retailers don't bother to send them back so you can find sealed copies at the off the beaten path stores. Also several people stockpile them to sell them while they are not available. I just wait for them to come back out or until I see a good copy used to buy them for my wife. I just picked up fox & hound and Lilo & stitch for $7.99 each last week at a Cd Warehouse...

[quote name='kjauburn']There are only a select few that are part of the vault. Majority of the Disney films just are pulled off the shelf for 2-3 years at a time. The big movies Lion King, Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, etc. are the ones referred to as the vault. I am sure there is a complete list somwhere. [/QUOTE]
Really, who's going to notice or care if they stop selling, say, Home on the Range or The Rescuers Down Under? ;)

I'm actually looking for this one too, though I haven't had luck yet. I wish I'd realized that I needed to get my own Disney DVDs before college. Now that I'm home for a few months of the year (and even less often come next year), I can't rely on the collection we've built up over the years.

Just wait, though...they'll all be rereleased again on Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD once Sony fails.

Most of the prices at EB and GS are horrible but they do seem to somewhat underprice the animated flicks.

Saw Beauty and the Beast for $12.99 or 3 for 30 and picked up Aladdin II & III in the box for $15.

One of my best deals ever though was for the Fantasia anthology boxset at an EB for $15. I couldn't believe it. Snatched it up right away. So it does pay to stop in once in awhile for animated flicks.

bread's done
Back