Beavis & Butt-head Deal at TWEC (FYE, etc.) Stores

Saucy Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4462

Apparently all TWEC stores, such as FYE/Coconuts/etc., have a special holiday bonus disc inside the Beavis & Butt-head Vol. 1 set. It contains two extra holiday-themed episodes. There is no mention of whether the set is available on a TWEC online store, and there is no labeling on the packages in-store to let you know that there is a bonus disc inside.

The set is priced $27.99 and there is a $7 mail-in rebate offered for the set, making the final price $20.99.

Sorry if this is old news. I didn't find anything in a search.

Yeah, I just read about this an hour ago. Too bad I already picked up my set at Target earlier in the evening. Hopefully these two episodes (great episodes, by the way) will be released as a part of the collection in the future, or I'll be very disappointed.

I just got mine this morning from FYE, and extra disc of episodes is enough for me to pick them over BB or CC...

And the 7 dollar rebate makes the deal even sweeter

[quote name='BustaUppa']Does the bonus disc actually fit in the package? Or does it just come in a separate cardboard sleeve or something?[/QUOTE]

It was slipped inside the packaging, in a plain white sleeve... I had wodered the same thing... it would be nice if they said on the label that the disc was inside the packaging...

This is a little off topic, but I have a question for those of you who've gotten the BB set already?

Is it worth it? I know there was a lot of dissention over the music videos missing from the episodes and mike judge cutting footage from certain episodes...

I've been torn as to whether or not to buy it all week and I'm hoping that now some of you who have it can provide me with some insight. Thanks.

I already have those two episodes from the half of the Time Life set I do have, so I just went with Target and the $5 gift card. $24.99 - $5 = basically $19.99.

Not worth it to me. Target I got an automatic 5 dollar gift card, so pretty much instant savings since I was buying something else. Don't feel like going through rebate hassle for a mere 2 episodes.

Tried to get ahold of this today -- (stopped at Target too, but that's a whole 'nother story... ) however, for some reason, the FYE in Poughkeepsie doesn't participate in the corporate stuff, so they don't give out the rebate offers.

I did manage to find out the extra disc is somehow packaged in the set.

Also, I'm still waiting to hear what people who picked this up think of it...

Preordered from Amazon for $18 and I already have those episodes from the Time Life set so there was no way I was going to cancel my preorder. :)

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']This is a little off topic, but I have a question for those of you who've gotten the BB set already?

Is it worth it? I know there was a lot of dissention over the music videos missing from the episodes and mike judge cutting footage from certain episodes...

I've been torn as to whether or not to buy it all week and I'm hoping that now some of you who have it can provide me with some insight. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's good. I'm not that bothered by the lack of videos and some other cut things; besides, some of the cut footage is located in easter eggs. It is definitely worth it.

Is the rebate inside of the FYE set or at the counter?

Also which is better the extra disk from FYE or the bonus book from BB?

[quote name='cag1000']Is the rebate inside of the FYE set or at the counter?

Also which is better the extra disk from FYE or the bonus book from BB?[/QUOTE]

I think FYE prints it at the register when you check out.
I'd say extra episodes would take precedence over the book, but I can't say for sure as nobody ever told me exactly what the book was. :whistle2:s

What exactly IS that bonus book? I got my set at Target... I was considering buying at BB, but I took my $5.

I got mine at Target ($19.99 after $5 gift card bonus, I was going to buy some Cheez-it's anyway, those new fiesta ones are like crack!).

I've only watched Disc 3: all the bonus content and 11 music videos. The only good part of the bonuses is the history part 1 (and it was so extensive, I'm not too sure what they'll need to say in part 2). BTW, Frog Baseball wasn't included in the episodes since it's one of those "I didn't like it" - Mike Judge, but by watching the history bonus, they show most of it, enough to bring back all the memories of it...

The videos are ok, but the Grim Reaper is the 2nd GR video they've watched, not the 1st one (which was MUCH funnier when Beavis freaked out on the old ugly guy in spandex)

There's really only two choices for everyone at this point if you're starting from scratch:

1. This set, which is 40 of the better episodes on DVD
2. A bootleg 5-DVD set from eBay with all 198 episodes + videos for about $40+Shipping.

I went with this one, and I won't be complaining.

bread's done
Back