Become Wombat's Intern!

I would like to be Wombat's intern becaue I am currently working on my BA (6 more credit hours, whoo. Then general ed. *sadface*) in Communications, looking to get into PR or advertising (something along those lines). I really just need expierence in a field other than my current job, which has nothing to do with my major (Restaurant Management).

I may not be a journalism major or an editor of paper but I do know how to write and edit seeing how both of my parents are writters. I am also a highschool student who does not a have full time job and will be commited to doing whatever you ask the moment you ask it regardless of holidays, brithdays, or even exams. However the greatest reason for you to hire me is I am going as a wombat for halloween as being inspired by you.

I'm not a kissass and will let him know if what he writes is decent or subpar. Also, I have way too much time on my hands and would like to do something mildly contructive and overall meaningless.

I'd love the opportunity to do something like this. Right up front I'll tell you that I am no journalistic master. My passion for video games though runs exceptionally deep and nothing irks me more than overhearing misinformation with regards to this hobby of ours. So while I may lack a little something in elegance and flair, I make up for it in a strong drive to provide accurate information to others. That and I'm still regretting turning down a real life unpaid internship with the NWS right when I got out of college. This would be a new experience that I'd love to devote some serious time to.

I am going to throw my name in the running.

For starters, considering that Wombat will be writing a blog, I think it's safe to assume that the quality of the writing will be key in the success of the blog. Wombat has admitted that his writing and/or grammar leaves something to be desired.

In sum, I am an attorney with excellent writing skills. I work in New York City. I live in Queens. I love games as much as Wombat. I also deal with the struggle of finding time to play games given a full-time demanding career such as wombat. I am also a few years younger than Wombat so I wouldn't feel all bad being his intern.

I think I should be Wombat's intern because who else will review niche titles like Naruto: Warth of Ninja and WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2008? I do admit that I don't have much experience in this field besides writing a few reviews a while back, though.

I wish everyone could be an intern ( even though I have no idea what that would entail ).

Also...
Bad qualities...
1). My grammar isn't exactly the best, or good for that matter.
2). I don't have all three consoles, only an Xbox 360.
3). Money is limited, so I won't always have money to put out when a new game comes out.

I have no idea what you'd think of my writing. I haven't written a review in a while but I think I might've improced.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']
I have no idea what you'd think of my writing. I haven't written a review in a while but I think I might've improced.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I did get a good laugh out of this.

While I don't want to be Wombat's intern, I would love the opportunity to say, "I wrote this whole blog entry, bitch!" :)

Holy crap there's a lot of responses, but here's my shot:

I've been trying to get into the video game business for awhile now, but without the money for college and college itself under my belt, there's only so far I can go. I'd really love this opportunity as not only a potential connection to the industry, but also as an initial starting point. I'm miserable in the work I'm currently doing and am extremely passionate about the video game industry and all it has to offer.

So in short, take me on Wombat! Not to mention that if you needed to meet up for whatever reasons, I live in Ronkonkoma (Long Island) and work in Bethpage so we're not too far from each other. I have excellent English skills as well as a vast knowledge of video games. Most importantly, I love the CAGcast!!

In my line of work, precision and attention to detail are everything. I'm required to do a ton of research/reading/writing and I've actually been intrigued by the thought of being a game blogger as of late. I mainly deserve the "honor" because I can make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. Can't nobody top that!

I'd like to work with Wombat, cause it sounds like a blast, also I have plenty of experience writing and editing as an English major

Futhermore, I'm into Video Game Journalism, and currently write for two websites and I'll have some time on my hands.

I think working as Wombat's intern would be a great opportunity. I am a college sophomore who is majoring in journalism. I want to work in the video game industry when I graduate and I will work hard for Wombat, if for no other reason then to get my name noticed. Good luck to all!

I graduated from UC Berkeley with a major in Japanese,
my current job allows for a lot of free time at the computer,
and I live in the San Francisco bay area which is home to a
wide array of videogame developers.

I would gladly exist as a non-entity on Wombat's blog as
long as I could list the experience on my resume, and as a
final note I follow PC gaming and import gaming very closely
which I feel would compliment Wombat’s gaming preferences
very well.​

I would be good for wombats intern because not only am i a dillegent employee, but i would send him plenty of gift cards to hooters that would lead to him pissing from his ass the next day.

Dear CAG Community,

If I were to be Wombat's intern, I promise to never be a suck-up or brown nose. In fact, I would go out of my way and give him a hard time, especially when he's in a bad mood.

I would hunt him down in Halo 3 and teabag him repeatedly, regardless if he was dead or alive, or what team he was on. I would just stand there, bumping and grinding on his polygonal incarnation. I would even teabag his coffee so that he may partake in my peculiar salty flavor with his breakfast. I don't care about the burns, it's worth the pain.

I also solemnly swear that I will do whatever it takes to embarass him in front of his employers in interesting and creative ways. Such as: show up at his job with a disheveled appearance, covered in lipstick prints along with mysterious and appaling stains. Upon my arrival I will announce that I am having Wombat's baby, and so are 2 other members of the office. After the announcement, I would blow a kiss to Wombat and then depart with an air of demented giddyness. As a note, I am a male, but that adds to the desired effect I believe.

I will also tell all of his friends that he has cooties, and is a doodie head, and I can provide photographic evidence of these claims.

I do not wish to divulge all of my plans, for Wombat must always be in fear of what might be coming. Such fear breeds excellent productivity in today's work environment. In this way, I shall assist Wombat. My logic is sound.

Looking for my pills,
zi11ion

p.s. If any of you think I wrote this because I dislike Wombat, you are wrong, you have no sense of humor, and need to have your eternal soul devoured by Telletubbies. They hunger.

I would like to be Wombat’s intern because I am competent, and I love CAG and videogames. To be honest with you, I think that's all that's required. Also, I think there needs to be some sort of CAG presence in the southeast. There are a lot of us ATL CAGs. However, I realize most of the people applying are more qualified than me, so I won’t get my hopes up.

^ I really do not think liking CAG or videogames is required at all. You are not the one being hired to write the articles, Wombat is. The most important thing the intern will need to do is go over Wombat's blogs and assist him in his writing.

[My entry is on page 3 if I remember correctly, this is just a comment.]

I found my pills, everyone!

So in other news:

I currently work at the local newspaper here in Winston-Salem, NC as a content manager for their website, ( http://www.journalnow.com ) updating and editing various portions of their website. So I believe that I have some experience in what Wombat may need.

Being your intern, Wombat, would be GREAT! I'm in college and have a lot of free time and I live in Los Angeles so I could go out and do stuff for you here so you don't have to spend money to fly out.

I am overqualified for this position.

Wombat could be my intern, though. I have some half & half that has been in the fridge for a while and I'm not too sure about its freshness.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I am overqualified for this position.

Wombat could be my intern, though. I have some half & half that has been in the fridge for a while and I'm not too sure about its freshness.[/quote]

Your awesome avatar justifies this lofty claim. You have gained my vote!

Hello CheapyD and Wombat

I am currently finishing a masters degree in education and have lots of experience with interviewing, writing reports, and giving presentations to large groups of people.

I have to be honest, besides having a great passion for this hobby, I do not have any experience in the professional video game world. However, the reason I would be a good fit to be Wombat's intern is because I would take full advantage of the this great opportunity to learn about the journalistic side of the video game industry. Furthermore, I have been seriously thinking about a career change and what could be better than working in a field you are passionate about.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I am overqualified for this position.

Wombat could be my intern, though. I have some half & half that has been in the fridge for a while and I'm not too sure about its freshness.[/quote]

LMAO:applause:

I'd make a good "intern" because if you needed spellcheck, you'd use the one built into the word processor. I'm a game industry trivia sponge that would be happy to be a well-informed sounding board for your articles and ideas, which is what I'd imagine is required of this pseudo-position.

I think I should be his intern because I am friendly! I also have a lot of free time and english is my strongest subject by far. =] and congrats on the new job wombat!

As Major Nelson has been declared the "Vagina Clown" as the voice of Microsoft, I think we should roll with that as Wombat would make a pretty good Grimace.

From Wikipedia:
Grimace (pronounced /ˈgɹɪməs/) is a character in the marketing campaign by the McDonald's restaurant chain. Large and purple with short arms and legs, he is known for his monotonous face and slow-witted demeanor. His most common expression is the word "duh".

I second that Thorbahn is crazy and is best suited for the lesser known McDonald's character, "The Hammmurderer" from The Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27899

I humbly submit my name to become Wombat's intern. I am qualified because I listen to every CAGCast, check the threads on a daily (if not hourly) basis, I'm smart, nice, and, gosh darn it, people like me.

I should be Wombat's intern because I live on Long Island and if I don't do well, he can come to my house and beat my ass.

I know I won't be chosen but I can be Wombat's Cheapy while you're not around Cheapy ;)

l_9643cb605f9354418207a31e7aac9e05.jpg

See, I even shaved my head again for the part.

Why should I be your intern Wombat?

I enjoy fudge, a lot. Straight up, I'm not going to make up any lies or suck up to you or anything, I just enjoy helping out with things like this, and this could be neat.

[quote name='Richlough']You're bigtime Wombat , now who's smelling the milk ?

Good Luck .[/quote]

milking a Wombat... is that even Possible?

I may not have quite the journalistic chops of a lot of these cats, but I think I’d make a suitable intern for Wombat’s blogging endeavors. I actually write a nerd culture blog, and, while I’m admittedly small-time, it did garner a mention in Esquire magazine’s March music issue.

I think that I have a high aptitude for video game sales and general knowledge, and also I highly enjoy you on the cagcast, I think we could get along great.

bread's done
Back