Bedtime Stories + Day the Earth Stood Still = $33 (requires BB PM to TRU)

honzoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys,

TRU is doing a 'buy one get one half off' this week on ALL blus and DVDs (their instore flier says ALL, the online ad doesn't).

I was able to take the ad over to Best Buy to have them PM the sale, and then used the coupon code found here (http://adisney.go.com/disneyvideos/liveaction/bedtimestories/couponoffer/).

So, it rang up like so...

$25 for TDTESS
$27 for Bedtime Stories
1/2 off for TDESS = $12.5
Then took off the $10 coupon for Bedtime Stories. Total came to $33.

I should say, also, that I didn't present the coupon until AFTER they pricematched the difference and had a total for me. Once that happened, I presented the coupon and they were able to scan it for the $10 off. It wasn't really a hassle, the one BB rep I had seemed like he didn't want to also take the coupon, but a manager told him that there wasn't a reason not to.

This will work with any Blu purchase + Bedtime Stories, as the ad for TRU clearly says 'All'.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'll second the YMMV.

My local Best Buy's never seem to want to price match... and then take coupons. Worth a shot though.

Kinda silly that they'd shoot you down, as it's a manufacturer's coupon. Either way, you can do this at TRU, it's just their prices are a tad higher.

[quote name='BWOzar']But the Blu of the new thoroughly mediocre one comes with the classic original at least...[/quote]And the new one + old one costs $5 less than the old one on its own.

My question is if there's anything included with the old one on its own that doesn't come with the new one + old one bundle.

[quote name='shrike4242']And the new one + old one costs $5 less than the old one on its own.

My question is if there's anything included with the old one on its own that doesn't come with the new one + old one bundle.[/QUOTE]

all the special features

Naw, no scan - sorry mate. My BB held on to it. When I went to TRU, they had signs posted all over their DVD/Blurays for the sale. I went up to the counter and asked the girl if she had an ad - she pulled one out from a counter drawler and when I asked if I could keep it, she said something like 'well, we're really not supposed to..."

I was a bit confused, seeing as how I've never heard of a store carrying an 'instore only' ad. It was a very typical ad, two sheets, but was def. not on display anywhere. At the top of the second page, in huge letters, it reads 'Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off All DVD/Blus' and underneath, in small print, it says 'online sale may vary' or something like that.

Was weird.

[quote name='fuss']do you have a scan of the TRU thing? My local TRU did not have any such thing.[/QUOTE]

Print a copy of the online ad?

My best buy said they only match prices not offers like that. I went to TRU and used the vender coupon and the assitant manager gave me a hard time. I told him I spoke with the store manager weeks before about using the bolt one. The guy was being a pain. I got bedtime stories and the game plan for the kids.

Well, it's assumed that it's BOGO half off...seeing how Toys R' Us is having a BOGO half off sale...I mean, it's not that complicated.

Naw, he's right, I spelled it out wrong. Sorry mate, fixing now...

in my defense, I do spell out further along that TDTESS is 1/2 off...

bread's done
Back