Been banned from returning stuff to Target or BB? Request a return report from TRE!

https://www.privacyrights.org/ar/ReturnExchange.htm

The email address to send the request to is towards the bottom of the page, but I'll post it here.

[email protected]

Of course, they do require your name and phone number, so they can call you back to initiate a search in their system. At which point they will then ask for your DL # and state to do the search. So for those of you who are already squeamish about giving out such information like BB/Target request when you do returns now, you may want to steer clear of this.

But for those of us who occasionally get buyers' remorse or do a bunch of price matching at BB and think the employee ended up doing the transaction as a return and rebuy instead it may give us some peace of mind to hear our return history isn't putting us in jeopardy of a return ban.

So it's official that you can get banned for doing too many returns? I was afraid of getting banned back when they had the first buy 2 get 2 free on used games where I made a ton of orders and would return them if they didn't all have the cover art and manual. I've returned stuff since then so I obviously didn't get banned. And now I only buy rare games from them that I'm okay with the price even if I get it game only since, you know, I don't want to get banned.

Actually I was just providing this for other CAG's who have received the dreaded 90 day return ban on items at BB or wherever from TRE.

I haven't returned anything to BB in a while, same goes for Target.;)

By the way, these are the same guys who run the trade-in ban program at BB too.

Speaking of which, many people who were banned are finding out that their bans have been lifted due to it being a new fiscal year for BB. I was one of them.:D Since I have had my ban lifted I haven't done 3 of each title x so many different titles all at once even ONE time.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This forum.[/QUOTE]
I came close at one point though.:cry::whistle2:# That's all I'm gonna say though, lest I hurt the feelings of those with sensitive constitutions who obviously need a Paxil/Celexa/Prozac fix or to smoke a blunt, learn to relax and stop taking everything so serious or getting hurt so easily.

Albeit, maybe I should take that advice myself, since this internet shit means squat when it really comes down to it.

I can't either honestly. Although I have to think that this kind of policy is intended to stop people from renting larger electronics items like tv's for a bigger occasion and then taking them back after that event is over versus really going after the people who gets buyers' remorse every so often.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I can't either honestly. Although I have to think that this kind of policy is intended to stop people from renting larger electronics items like tv's for a bigger occasion and then taking them back after that event is over versus really going after the people who gets buyers' remorse every so often.[/QUOTE]

This is why places like Best Buy and Circuit City used to have restocking fees. Of course, there were always those customers that could get out of it by making a big enough scene.

Man I return TONS of crap to Walmart they never care if I have a recepit. Just alwya smake sure they carry it, and it's not more then 1 non-i.d. evcery 30 days. Gotten a lot of free video games that way

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Man I return TONS of crap to Walmart they never care if I have a recepit. Just alwya smake sure they carry it, and it's not more then 1 non-i.d. evcery 30 days. Gotten a lot of free video games that way[/QUOTE]
If by 'free', you mean after committing return fraud. Then ayup yup, you da man.:applause: You show Walmart that they're not supposed to make a profit and take back EVERY chains cheap games that you return to them.:roll:

THIS is one of the very reasons why chains like BB and Target have changed their return policies and now require ID when taking stuff back that you legitimately bought there in the first place.

bestbuy can go fuck themselves up that ass for all i care, i just found out the backordered my items has been backordered. then charged me on my gift card. they are telling me they have no record of the gift card i used, so they cannot refund me. and the rep i spoke to gave me a fuckin attitude. sorry, i just needed to vent. they had the nerve to made me wait on the phone line for nearly an hour. on top of that transfering around, and hanging up on me during the process. they can ban me all they want, i am just going to return, and rebuy all the shit i want.

[quote name='YBX87']bestbuy can go fuck themselves up that ass for all i care, i just found out the backordered my items has been backordered. then charged me on my gift card. they are telling me they have no record of the gift card i used, so they cannot refund me. and the rep i spoke to gave me a fuckin attitude. sorry, i just needed to vent. they had the nerve to made me wait on the phone line for nearly an hour. on top of that transfering around, and hanging up on me during the process. they can ban me all they want, i am just going to return, and rebuy all the shit i want.[/QUOTE]

Can you report them to Better Business Bureau? If you ordered online shouldn't they give you a conformation or receipt? This way you have proof that your gift card was charged, instead of it being your would against theirs.

[quote name='YBX87']bestbuy can go fuck themselves up that ass for all i care, i just found out the backordered my items has been backordered. then charged me on my gift card. they are telling me they have no record of the gift card i used, so they cannot refund me. and the rep i spoke to gave me a fuckin attitude. sorry, i just needed to vent. they had the nerve to made me wait on the phone line for nearly an hour. on top of that transfering around, and hanging up on me during the process. they can ban me all they want, i am just going to return, and rebuy all the shit i want.[/QUOTE]

If you placed the order online there is a record of it and the tender used to pay for the item.

You should have received an e-mail confirming your order and the order should be in your best buy account.

I've placed countless orders on bestbuy.com and never have I not gotten a confirmation e-mail.

bread's done
Back