BEES! IT'S FRICKIN' BEES!

BlueStorm781

CAGiversary!
Well, we got a welcome suprise this morning. My mom went outside to take out the trash, and saw a lot of bees flying around our garden. She gave them some cola, thinking that they would eat/drink it and go away. Then she looks at the top of our lemon tree, and there is abouttwo feet of bees right on the branch. And it's thick, too, it looks like the branch was crawling. So she calls the agricultural department, and they pretty much tell us that the bees are just resting on the branch. We pretty much assume that they're fleeing from the brush fire smoke from Corona or Temecula (Riverside county is pretty much on fire right now). They can't build a nest, because the lemon branches are too light, and they aren't aggressive, because they don't have a hive, queen or honey to defend. They aren't the Africanized bees, because the guy from the agricultural department said that the African bees and the European bees have inbreeded so much, it's hard to tell anymore, and they're not as much of a threat. So, they should be gone in a couple of days. But out of all of the trees in our neighborhood, why did those little bastards pick our tree to swarm on? Oh well. At least one good thing comes out of it. The branch faces pretty close to our neighbors yard, and she's a total bitch. I hope they scare the shit out of her. It's the least they can do after invading our tree.

She thought it would make them full, so they would either go away or not sting us. It really didn't work. I think yellowjactets are more likely to go for the cola, though. I've seen them swarm on coke cans before.

2 years ago during the winter there was a crack under my house and bees had nested inside there and were making their way into the house, but since it was so cold they were half frozen and couldn't really fly well, so i spent the greater part of that year killing bees, probably close to a thousand.

lol, this reminds me of my grandma's house a few years ago. She noticed that something sticky was dripping from the ceiling, lo and behold, bees had made an entire hive up in the attic, and the excess honey was going everywhere. It sure made a real mess between moving boxes stuck to the floor, constantly washing the walls and ceiling, etc.

grease works.

Whenever my dad would spin some pork, he would leave the grease pan outside and at least 20 bees would dive right in and die by being stuck

Unless you're violently allergic to bee stings and if they're not wrecking your house I don't know why you'd want to chase off honey bees. They're quite beneficial to the environment.

bees are better then spiders....spiders are sneaky....bees dont bother you unless you bother them....and if you bother them...at least you seem them coming...unlike those damn sneaky spiders....ive had like 5 spiders drop down from the ceiling in my room in the basement james bond style...killed everyone ive seen thus far too....i think they're all planning something in the corner of my house....

I heard about those, but I live in WI so I should be safe. Leaves more time for killing the damn bees.

Cicadas? They're a'ight by me too, though they feel profoundly creepy crawling on you, with their barbed little legs...*shudder*

If you have a charcoal grill fire it up under the tree, when it gets nice and hot throw a cup of water on it. If it was the smoke from the brush fire that drove them to your tree maybe the smoke from the grill will drive them away

Cicadas are harmless...they are the sounds of Summer, man! :)

I don't see how the soda trick would work. I could see it satiating a *few* of the bees...but then I imagine they would fly back to their buddies...mebbe do a little wriggly-wriggly dance ... then presto! Hungry bees looking for more soda. Unless you set out enough soda to satisfy the whole mess of bees...I wonder if bees could make honey from soda? It boggles the mind.

Cicadas are nothing. they dont bite, dont swarm, they jus buzz all summer long. freak, its a yearly thing in japan. no big deal. but bees...

i remmber once my friend and i went to the woods. and i lost my gameboy, so my friend went back to get it for me, i couldnt go cause i was grounded. and he incountered a swarm of bees, and he couldnt get the to lake fast enough, so sadly. .he.. oh no wai.. that was a movie called my girl.. oops.. wrong memory..

Grab the hose and some clothing that fits well, it might work or you might just end up with really pissed off bees

bread's done
Back