Before I bomb the ITunes headquarters can someone help me figure something out?

Slipknot9762

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just connected my ipod to put more music on it and all of the sudden my itunes library was empty and so all my music got entirely erased. Is there a way to get the music files back otherwise I'm selling this damn thing because I dedicated so many hours just putting music on here, and I'm not about to do it again.

It sounds like you had iTunes set up so that it made the songs on your iPod reflect the songs in your library on the computer. So if you deleted the songs in your library and plugged your iPod back in, it would delete them from your iPod. There was an option to turn this off when you installed iTunes.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']It sounds like you had iTunes set up so that it made the songs on your iPod reflect the songs in your library on the computer. So if you deleted the songs in your library and plugged your iPod back in, it would delete them from your iPod. There was an option to turn this off when you installed iTunes.[/quote]

Oh yes yes yes please do describe how to turn this feature off. I have it on my Itunes, but I don't keep anything in my library anyway. I'm extremely fearful that one of these days it will sync by accident and delete all the stuff I have on there.

[quote name='Slipknot9762']I just connected my ipod to put more music on it and all of the sudden my itunes library was empty and so all my music got entirely erased. Is there a way to get the music files back otherwise I'm selling this damn thing because I dedicated so many hours just putting music on here, and I'm not about to do it again.[/QUOTE]
That's not a glitch, it's just God telling you to stop listening to shitty music.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I think you should bomb iTunes hq whether you fix your problem or not because iTunes is such a shitty program[/QUOTE]

wow, i think it's a great program, compared to the other ones out there-- you just set up your options and preferences and stick with them and nothing should ever go wrong. the interface is pretty simple and intuitive.

OP-- it sounds like you may have just swtiched which folder Itunes detects music in. All your songs should still be on your HD-- just point itunes to them and you should be able to get everything back in the library and on your Ipod. If you deleted your music off your hd, then there's nothing you can do but re-rip it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Oh yes yes yes please do describe how to turn this feature off. I have it on my Itunes, but I don't keep anything in my library anyway. I'm extremely fearful that one of these days it will sync by accident and delete all the stuff I have on there.[/QUOTE]

Plug your IPod in. Then when Itunes launch, you should see 4 buttons on the bottom right. Click on the button with a IPod picture on it. A window should pop up and you should be able to change the settings on schronizing your library with your IPod.

bread's done
Back