Bemanistyle: DJ MAX Portable Clazziquai Edition and Black Square Bundle $49

Sushi7065

CAGiversary!
http://www.bemanistyle.com/index.php/news/dj-max-metro-project-combo-pack-preorders-1647

Bemanistyle is now offering, direct from PM Studios, the DJ Max Portable Metro Project Combo Pack- the beginner-friendly Clazziquai Edition and hardcore-crushing Black Square- for the ridiculously awesome price of $49. Shipping to anywhere in the US is $5; International Shipping is $14.

Considering that these two cost over $60 separately at most import shops, this is an incredible bargain for those looking for a fresh game in the Bemani/music game genre or just a really polished portable IIDX clone.

Note: These games are native Korean imports, but have an English (and Japanese) language option the first time you play. Also note that all DJ Max Portable save files are indigenous to their PSP's MAC addresses... so if your PSP breaks or you change to a new one, you have to start a new save file and begin again... did I mention that the final unlocks in both those games are after around 1200 song play-throughs? XD

Haven't played DJ Max in a very long time...I bought the first one off Play-asia way back in the days...just picked up this bundle...good way to re-introduce myself again...thanks OP!

I bought both at retail price from Play-Asia when they were first released and don't regret it. This bundle is a STEAL. Both games have a "link disc" feature for even more content.

I highly recommend biting if you're at all interested.

Wow. This is definitely a good deal. Don't know if I'll give this to someone as a gift. It's too good of package deal for me to give away..

This game looks very cool and I love quirky music games like this, but it does not seem to be newb-friendly at all XD.

I've always been interested in this game since seeing the videos on Cinematech on G4 always wanted to try it thanks OP!

It's also worth noting that ordering it on Bemanistyle will also contribute to it's server fund. It's pretty much the same price after shipping anyways on Play-Asia.

THanks, just bought it.

It is actually $0.30 more at play-asia unless you have a coupon + filler.

Tho I am not much of a music game fan (do have DJ MAX Fever) or have ever utilized their server to care about how it is funded, why not even if I do have a coupon...

Woah, I stand corrected. Dunno what Play-Asia's deal with shipping is, usually they keep it fairly low. Well, it's cheaper if you live in Japan, at least.

Contributing to Bemanistyle's server fund does sound a bit more noble than contributing to Play-Asia's server fund. BTW, what exactly is bemanistyle, some kind of news site? And why do they need $10,000 to run their servers? >.>

[quote name='Justme8800']Woah, I stand corrected. Dunno what Play-Asia's deal with shipping is, usually they keep it fairly low. Well, it's cheaper if you live in Japan, at least.

Contributing to Bemanistyle's server fund does sound a bit more noble than contributing to Play-Asia's server fund. BTW, what exactly is bemanistyle, some kind of news site? And why do they need $10,000 to run their servers? >.>[/QUOTE]
I think it's the #1 International (I've honestly only been there like 5 times ever, so don't quote me on this) Bemani fansite. News on all things Bemani/Bemani-like, shopping, etc.

Bemanistyle has been around for ages.

I used to get stepmania files there years ago.

Like the other user above me said

"If I still had a PSP, I would be all over this"

[quote name='Masterkyo']I rather put my credit to play asia (well known website) instead unknown website.[/QUOTE]

They've been around for years.

If I hadn't jumped on the DJ Max Fever -the crew- LE like an overzealous dummy, I'd probably be picking this up now.

Man, what a great deal! I already own all of the DJ Max Portable games for the PSP (including the International version of DJMP1 and the alternate cover to Clazzi'), otherwise I'd probably be all over this in a heartbeat!

Don't forget that these two games offer Link Disk! This is an option in the game that lets you swap in any DJ Max Portable game (but not Fever [NA]) and unlock all sorts of goodies. This includes avatars, notes, songs and other things. You can find more information at the Bemani forum for CE and BS here:

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/f140/djmax-clazziquai-edition-black-square-32101/

Have fun! This is one of the best series I've ever had the pleasure of playing on any platform (and I've been playing video games since the early 80's).

These two games have been on my wish list ever since I heard about DJ Max Fever. I just couldn't justify the import cost in the past because I am terrible at the game (still a 4B player). Many, many thanks for posting this deal.

Received it today. It was shipped out of PM Studios Los Angeles CA within a bag with bubblewrap stuffed into a box. Tried both UMD's setting them to English. Very quickly set Black Square to easy difficulty. Remembering the fun and frustration. Still glad I bought them.

Man, I never understood how to play this game...

Edit: After watching a video, I think it might have been a different game. This looks really fun.

Edit2: I take that back, I must have been on hard mode, no idea that you had to use L and R

Final Edit: Now I want it, it's sold out. Sweet

[quote name='AionTelos']

Final Edit: Now I want it, it's sold out. Sweet[/QUOTE]

Still available at play-asia for a few bucks more if you want it.

The shoulder buttons are only necessary in the higher modes:
4 button (4B): left, up, triangle, circle
5 button (5B): left, up, right or square (either), triangle, circle
6 button (6B): left, up, right, square, triangle, circle
8 button (8B): left shoulder, left, up, right, square, triangle, circle, right shoulder

4BFX and 6BFX also use the shoulder buttons I believe. I'm not that far.

The nub is also used for wide notes that fall down the center.

Then just prepare to buy a new PSP when the buttons wear out from thousand of song playthroughs to unlock stuff, using several hundred or thousand notes per two-three minute song. Then of course you'll have to start all over as the save is tied to your specific PSP.

bread's done
Back