Beowulf $19.99 from Gamestop

the game couldn't had been that bad.....? *Goes to check gamespot now* But, at $20.. I'm glad you posted it!! thanks :)

[quote name='shigster']the game couldn't had been that bad.....? *Goes to check gamespot now* But, at $20.. I'm glad you posted it!! thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it plummetted in price.... it's only been out for like a month.... still, for $20, I'm game....... it's going for full retail price everywhere else

21.39 shipped, nice :D This should be a nice stockin' stuffer. Not sure if I should order a second copy as a gift for a friend.

called 2 local stores, still 59.99. im in for one at 19.99 online. havent even seen the movie but at least ive read the story

Games radar:

Destined to line bargain bin bottoms. It has its hacking and slashing moments, but like so many movie-licensed titles, it reeks of a truncated production schedule and a too-heavy reliance on a story intended for another medium.

ha ha...

im suprised this game dropped this far in less than a month, ive seen vids on this game & it looks amazing but for $20 ill bite

Kinda sucks? GameSpot gives it 5.0 (Out of 10) so, I don't expect too much but.. the resell vaule on ebay is over $30 so, can't really go wrong with it. :applause:

[quote name='shigster']Kinda sucks? GameSpot gives it 5.0 (Out of 10) so, I don't expect too much but.. the resell vaule on ebay is over $30 so, can't really go wrong with it. :applause:[/quote]

Uh-oh, did the reviewer get fired for giving it that score?

[quote name='zephie']Uh-oh, did the reviewer get fired for giving it that score?[/quote] Their was no advertising deal between Gamespot and Ubisoft, so he was in luck and kept his job

[quote name='Poor2More']Their was no advertising deal between Gamespot and Ubisoft, so he was in luck and kept his job[/quote]

Haha.. Anyidea if the Voice Actors of the movie are the same ones in the game itself?

[quote name='Poor2More']I wish this was B&M, $20 seems like the sweet spot[/quote]

Buy one in store and then buy one online.

When the one online reaches your home, return the one you bought in store.

[quote name='Poor2More']Their was no advertising deal between Gamespot and Ubisoft, so he was in luck and kept his job[/quote]I believe they did run full page banner ads for Beowulf.

I was gonna jump on this until I saw the 50% average at gamerankings. The trailers looked decent on XBL. Can it be that bad? This drastic price drop makes me say yes, but for $20 I still might be in...

Ubisoft has secured the voice acting talents of the principal Beowulf film cast members for its upcoming next-gen and handheld adaptation.
Anthony Hopkins, who plays King Hrothgar, and Ray Winstone, who plays Beowulf, along with Wiglaf actor Brendan Geeson and the cinematic Wulfgar, Sebastien Roche, have all spent some time in the recording booth.

Yay? Atleast, we got afew of them in the game!

EDIT: GlockGlock BTW, the copy going for $29+3 S/h on ebay of Beowulf is USED so.. why not take a leap of faith on $21.39 (including tax & free s/h)

[quote name='danh920']wow, another present done![/quote]What did the person you're giving it to do to you?

[quote name='Karuto']Buy online, return to Walmart w/o receipt. Booyah![/QUOTE]
Not anymore. At least if the price on the game is still $60. No returns over $50 without a receipt anymore, and about god damned time.

[quote name='mietha']Not anymore. At least if the price on the game is still $60. No returns over $50 without a receipt anymore, and about god damned time.[/quote]

Really?

Also, trade-in vaule of Beowulf on Goozex.com is 900 Points ($45) and it's requested! So, you could play the game get your 1000 nerd points then trade it off on goozex. (referral link below in sig *wink wink nudge nudge*)

Why do people always bring up the flipping scam?

There are at least half a dozen ways to resell this game for a profit WITHOUT committing a crime.

[quote name='Shimrra']Is the achievement points easy to get? if so I might jump on it.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't look like it, but I've not played it yet. Main reason I bought it. I'm such a dirty, dirty achievement whore.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Really?[/QUOTE]
What I've heard from a couple of different sources. All stores may not enforce it, but it is my understanding that they are supposed to. They should have made it $49 though. People can still do it with Wii games at that price point.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Universal drop? If so then it would be sweet to pick up at BB for $9.99 with coupon.[/quote]

What coupon? Theres a coupon? Where can I get it?

[quote name='ICEPICC']sweet!

does anybody have a coupon code I could use here??[/quote]

Only one I know of is free value shipping coupon "SAVER"

bread's done
Back