Best 360 to get?

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!
I was looking over the guide which had MW3 xbox 360 listed so it was a little dated.
I want to get an xbox 360, 2 controllers, halo 4, and a kinect.
I am deciding between the holiday bundle with kinect(249.99), Halo 4 329.99(with a gift card), and the star wars 349.99. I kind of want the halo 4 or star wars one because I have always been interested in a limited edition system. As this group is CAG I figured it would be good to ask. The main reason I am going to go ahead and get it is that all the deals so far for black friday dont interest me. I have a lot of PC games and while Forza one is nice at 199.99 it lacks most of the things that would interest me.

I personally would go for the Halo 4 edition because it looks the best to me. I think it is because it is see through.
The Star Wars edition is nice as well if you are a big Star Wars fan, but the game it comes with sucks.

Both the LE consoles have specific sounds that are unique to that Xbox as well.

[quote name='clonesniper666']I personally would go for the Halo 4 edition because it looks the best to me. I think it is because it is see through.
The Star Wars edition is nice as well if you are a big Star Wars fan, but the game it comes with sucks.

Both the LE consoles have specific sounds that are unique to that Xbox as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the main reason I like the Star Wars one more is the Kinect but that I can get from Gamestop or somewhere for cheap. Halo 4 is very tempting as I was a huge halo 3 fan.

Star Wars? Halo? it doesn't matter what you go with. they're both awesome!

If you can let go of the Halo case and controllers, go with the Star Wars because it has the Kinect and the system is cheaper. You can always pick up the Halo game if you don't already have it.

Remember, the Kinect is $110 as a peripheral new. Do you want to trust buying a used Kinect? People abuse their Kinect. It's fallen off many TVs because people do crazy things. Go to a Kinect forum. People stack the Kinect on top of books instead of buying a Kinect stand. People use tape. The Kinect is not a game controller that you can throw around the room. It needs to create an IR grid to detect your motion. It needs to have 4 functional mics for to detect positional audio across a room. It needs a functional base so that it can be tilted for your TV arrangement. People have broken their base by dropping it.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Star Wars? Halo? it doesn't matter what you go with. they're both awesome!

If you can let go of the Halo case and controllers, go with the Star Wars because it has the Kinect and the system is cheaper. You can always pick up the Halo game if you don't already have it.

Remember, the Kinect is $110 as a peripheral new. Do you want to trust buying a used Kinect? People abuse their Kinect. It's fallen off many TVs because people do crazy things. Go to a Kinect forum. People stack the Kinect on top of books instead of buying a Kinect stand. People use tape. The Kinect is not a game controller that you can throw around the room. It needs to create an IR grid to detect your motion. It needs to have 4 functional mics for to detect positional audio across a room. It needs a functional base so that it can be tilted for your TV arrangement. People have broken their base by dropping it.[/QUOTE]
True... a returned Kinect is probably like a returned controller.... used and abused. It is really a toss up for me, I either need a controller and halo, or a kinect and while the R2 D2 xbox is epic... the controller is kinda lame.

[quote name='LlamaNinja']I kind of want the halo 4 or star wars one because I have always been interested in a limited edition system. [/QUOTE]

If you ever have to send it in for repairs, they'll send you a refurbished one that will have scratches and nicks on it.

[quote name='dotCody']If you ever have to send it in for repairs, they'll send you a refurbished one that will have scratches and nicks on it.[/QUOTE]
I had a Halo 2 special edition Zune... the HD failed. First one they sent me took 2 months, that was brown and didnt work and the second one took another month so I wonder if the special edition consoles would be similar. I didnt take that part into consideration. Also while deciding to buy it the star wars one went up 50 dollars so that is off the menu... hehe.

okay, if it's down to the other 2 bundles...

you have to look if you actually want those games. that'll help you decide.

the holiday bundle is 1 controller. the halo bundle is 2 controllers. the halo case is sick with the nice translucency. I wish they bundled the retail halo 4 controllers instead of these. the included controllers only look okay. but the ones you can buy. those look great.

the halo console is a 320GB HDD (so is the star wars). the holiday bundle is the standard 250GB.

I'm with you about trying to swing for a limited edition console. It's not like you buy a console every day. A person reasons that they'll be keeping it for a long time so go with some style.

hey, I saw the cool Walmart bundle. the 360 S bundle with Skylanders for only $150. you can always add a hard drive (I picked up a refurbished 250GB drive during one of the hard drive sales at Gamestop for $30). And the white is pretty cool. I think it's real white. Not the boring off-white or putty tan/white.

i_Walmart_2012_Xbox-360-4GB-w-Skylanders-Bund_1352357381.jpg

[quote name='dirtyvu']hey, I saw the cool Walmart bundle. the 360 S bundle with Skylanders for only $150. you can always add a hard drive (I picked up a refurbished 250GB drive during one of the hard drive sales at Gamestop for $30). And the white is pretty cool. I think it's real white. Not the boring off-white or putty tan/white.
[/QUOTE]
I may actually finally bite on this one. That is a pretty decent deal.

I think the 4GB one requires a specific hard drive, not certain, will have to check.

any 360 hard drive works on the 360 S. if you buy an old 360 hard drive, you just remove the external case and insert the bare drive into the 360 S. Or you buy a 360 S caddy (costs like $5) and then insert into the 360 S.

lots of Youtube videos. it's pretty friggin easy. If you can put a rectangle into a rectangle, you can do it.

and the pure white can almost be considered a limited edition. who actually has one???

I run a store and wont get off till 9pm on Thursday (I have weekends off but will ask the weekend person to come in IF there are some epic deals I want). That deal looks alright if that was a kinect instead of that skylander thing. I am looking for a 250+ hd, Halo 4(or maybe halo reach and a few other games), 2 controllers, and a kinect. That is why I was hoping SOME place would have a special with it. Best Buy still has the best deal in that the system is 320 or so.
I really wish that was a kinect instead of some random kid game though.

Just look for one with a 250 GB hard drive, 2 controllers and a game or 2. There are usually several a year that come out like this, wait for the games you like for it or buy one and sell the games.

bread's done
Back