Best 8-Bit RPG?

[quote name='kaw']My vote has to go to Final Fantasy. I remember buying it for my birthday when it first was released, and not really understanding how to play it. Imps kicked my ass all over the place because I didn't know I was supposed to EQUIP the weapons I purchased. I thought the game sucked, and I ended up returning it. A couple months later I was reading the feature in Nintendo Power and it said something about equipping the weapons. I know, I know, I should have read the manual. I quickly went out and repurchased the game, and I barely turned it off after that.

I remember getting to the part where you build the bridge over to the main continent, and it felt like it took such a long time. Once you cross the bridge the introduction begins really making it feel like you are in for a long epic journey. Ah, nostalgia.[/quote]

Dude, I had the same problem, but it only took me a few battles to convince me to pick up the manual. I just assumed that since I had bought a weapon, I would be using it.

[quote name='punqsux']i cant understand y sms did so poorly against the nes, it had a bunch of great games and almost always had better graphics (in the 8 bit days graphics were very important)[/quote]

Without going into extreme detail, Nintendo basically had a stranglehold on developers at that time. It was "You produce for Nintendo, or you don't produce at all"

I think Sega, Parker Brothers, and maybe Activision were the only ones producing games for the SMS.

Dragon Warrior IV and Phantasy Star step up to the plate, but there can only be one winner... I have to go with Phantasy Star, though I loved them both. The music in Phantasy Star... ahhh... I can still hum the theme. It took a friend and I almost a year to beat the game, but we did it.

bread's done
Back