Best action RPGs for the PSP?

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Any recommendations? I especially like action RPGs that let you customize your stat distribution as you level up and have a wide variety of items so you can really make the game suit your own playing style.

I'd recommend;

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core - Not so much customisation but there is leveling up, gaining higher stats, and you can change equipment and techniques you can use. Ofc, this is Final Fantasy, so the storyline is top notch and will engross you all the way through.

Final Fantasy Dissidia - Not so much an RPG but there is a storyline for every character. However, Dissidia has much more customisation than Crisis Core and you can use a much wider range of techniques and a much wider range of equipment. It is though more of a fighting game than an RPG but it's something to look into.

The Star Ocean games have lots of different stats and abilities. I think Monster Hunter caters to different playing styles too (only played a demo once).

The key is Action RPG LOL.

Probably

Dungon Maker: Hunting Ground (you setup your own stats, and use weapons of your choice by finding them in dungeons that you make.

Phantasy Star Portable
Dynasty Warrior Strike Force

To be honest, I don't remember the specifics of character advancement, but I enjoyed the first Untold Legends game. That's a hack and slash loot ARPG, 2nd PSP game I bought. Thinking about buying it again from PSN (since the only real drawback was some loading)

Really wish they put out another sequel, but SoE hasn't made a PSP game in probably 3 years.

There's a Phantasy Star Portable demo on PSN, might give that a go.

some of the posts arent even action rpgs..?

the only one ive played is Gurumin. Its was okay. similar to Teranigma for the snes back in the day with special moves and such.

bread's done
Back