Best and Fun games for GBA?

rafissaying

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
i just picked up my sp the other day and i've been playing it non-stop. i just wanted to know some games that i should pick up, that are fun and a good overall game.

i have the following games:
advance wars
golden sun
super mario advance 4: super mario bros. 3
final fantasy i & ii: dawn of souls
mario toadstool tour

just need a little help from you guys. thanks in advance

All Mario platformers
All Metroid games
All Castlevania games
All Zelda games
Wario Ware, Inc.
there's more but these are the ones you will hear most often recommended...

metroid fusion, metroid zero missio, fire emblem, pokemon saphire-ruby, pokemon fire red-leaf green, mario, donkey kong county, final fantasy dawn of souls. final fantasy tactics, mario golf, kingdom hearts.

there are so many good games on the system

You've got a great start, man. The GBA probably has the highest amount of overlooked games of any system, because of the sheer amount of great games (and utter crap, for that matter) that regularly comes out. One good game that might be a bit hard to find, but will be less than $20 if you can is Sabre Wulf. All kinds of fun.

Mario Kart
Astro Boy OF
Ninja Five-O
Advanced Wars 2
Fire Emblem
Rayman 3
Klonoa Empire of Dreams
Lady Sia
Pokemon Games
Max Payne
GTA Advance
Golden Sun Series
Lunar Legend
Final Fight
Ghost'n Ghouls

Some suggestions. Lot of these games could be found very cheap used.

Karnaaj Rally! Get past the horrific box art, the game is a gem. Think RC Pro AM, Micro Machines, Super Off Road goodness. I recently picked mine off of ebay for 6 bucks.

[quote name='rafissaying']mario toadstool tour[/quote]

Did you mean Mario Golf: Advance Tour? Toadstool Tour is the GCN version of Mario Golf. If you don't have Mario Golf: Advance Tour, I'd recommend that. Besides some that have been mentioned before, I'd also recommend Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.

[quote name='Wet Ninja'][quote name='rafissaying']mario toadstool tour[/quote]

Did you mean Mario Golf: Advance Tour? Toadstool Tour is the GCN version of Mario Golf. If you don't have Mario Golf: Advance Tour, I'd recommend that. Besides some that have been mentioned before, I'd also recommend Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.[/quote]

yea that gba game is the one i meant. thanks to everyone for their recommendations

actually skip metriod zero, it is way to short and isn't wortht the money, but do get metriod fusion because is quite possibly the best game on GBA

[quote name='PAS/CAL']actually skip metriod zero, it is way to short and isn't wortht the money, but do get metriod fusion because is quite possibly the best game on GBA[/quote]

gonna have to disagree on this one. Zero Mission is one of the best GBA games out there. If you like metroid games, theres no reason not to pick it up. Of course Im a little biased, I played through both at least five times each :D

Also, Zero Mission contains the entire original metroid NES game i believe

Don't forget about Guardian Heroes Advance, one of (if not the) best beat em up game on GBA. Gekido is also good, as well as Final Fight.

I would say the Sega Smash Pack is probably worth it for the cheap price it goes for as well. I love Golden Axe!

If you like the castlevania games, "shaman King" is good as well. The same sort of "kill enemies, and get their powers" type of gameplay as Aria of Sorrow.

[quote name='PAS/CAL']actually skip metriod zero, it is way to short and isn't wortht the money, but do get metriod fusion because is quite possibly the best game on GBA[/quote]

All Metroid games are short, Metroid Zero Mission is excellent, as is Fusion. Zero Mission is only $10 at KB Toys, though, so I'd go with that first ;)

bread's done
Back