best band in the world

Black Sabbath.

Although Judas Priest is an excellent choice, and the one reason I wish I went to Ozzfest last year.

i wouldn't say they're the best, but i'm really into the gorillaz demon days right now...i bought it two-three weeks ago and i haven't been able to stop playing it ever since...seriously

no way. the greatest band HAS to be linkin park. :lol:
but for real judas priest kicks ass.

whoever said Pixies was in the right direction. But for sure it Led Zepplin for me with the beatles being a close second.

There is no way in the world there is only one best band. It's just impossible. Of course, music, as any art is completely up to the individual so I suppose all of you could actually have a "best band"... anyways, I'll just list the bands I really really like

Red Hot Chili Peppers (my personal favorite)
Sublime
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Simon and Garfunkel
Everclear
Green Day (new album)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Currently? The Decemberists :D Sorry subby, I had to[/QUOTE]

Sure they're good, but greatest? I can't agree with you there.

Oh yeah, I got my tickets last week for their show here Sept. 20th. :cool:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Sure they're good, but greatest? I can't agree with you there.

Oh yeah, I got my tickets last week for their show here Sept. 20th. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Prepare to have your ass rocked. Seriously. But at any rate, in terms of current bands, The Decemberists are my favorite. They just don't have a bad song. But all time best band IMO? Probably Led Zeppelin.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Sure they're good, but greatest? I can't agree with you there.

Oh yeah, I got my tickets last week for their show here Sept. 20th. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Too bad they're annoying. ;)

I'd have to say Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Too bad they're annoying. ;)

I'd have to say Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath.[/QUOTE]

Now that's just an ignorant post :boxing: :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Prepare to have your ass rocked. Seriously. But at any rate, in terms of current bands, The Decemberists are my favorite. They just don't have a bad song. But all time best band IMO? Probably Led Zeppelin.[/QUOTE]

Definitely Led for all time. :cool:

Right now I'd say I prefer The White Stripes to just about everyone, I'm seeing them on the 23rd. :cool:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Too bad they're annoying. ;)

I'd have to say Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath.[/QUOTE]

At least you didn't say Drowning Pool or Blink 182, but Ozzy is only a small step up from that. ;)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']At least you didn't say Drowning Pool or Blink 182, but Ozzy is only a small step up from that. ;)[/QUOTE]
If you were expecting that kind of answer, then I feel sorry for you. ;)

in case you didnt click the link: http://www.usatoday.com/life/column...pop-candy_x.htm
1) Pearl Jam
2) Aerosmith
3) Van Halen
4) Eagles
5) Journey
6) Guns N Roses
7) The Grateful Dead
8) Queensryche,
9) The Doors
10) REM
11) Allman Brothers and Fleetwood Mac (tie)
12) Metallica
13) Kiss
14) The Ramones
15) Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and Creedence Clearwater Revival (tie)
16) Dave Matthews Band and Lynyrd Skynyrd (tie)
17) Beach Boys
18) Nirvana
19) The Replacements
20) Bon Jovi.

And whoever created the thread didnt specific if the band should still be around today, cause you could say Bill Haley and the Comets, or maybe the Beatles, I forget which one had more hits.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Notice Led Zeppelin is nowhere on that page, completely invalidating it. Oh wait, you mean Pearl Jam is the best American band they could come up with? American music sucks ;)[/QUOTE]

Led Zeppelin is/was a British band...

[quote name='Apossum']silly noobs, it's Pavement ;-)[/QUOTE]

I'm not denying the greatness of Pavement but the last two CDs were... not so good... Slanted & Enchanted is one of the 10 best CDs ever recorded though so they've got that going for them - which is nice.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you were expecting that kind of answer, then I feel sorry for you. ;)[/QUOTE]

From you? That's exactly what I would expect. :lol:

[quote name='Arakias']
1) Pearl Jam
4) Eagles
6) Guns N Roses
9) The Doors
12) Metallica
15) Creedence Clearwater Revival
16) Lynyrd Skynyrd
17) Beach Boys
18) Nirvana
[/QUOTE]

I cleaned most of the crap off of that list, some of the stuff left is still borderline though. :lol:

[quote name='coolbrys']Led Zeppelin is/was a British band...[/QUOTE]

Exactly :D If Pearl Jam is the best American rock band, we're WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY behind Britain

[quote name='bobo2k4']You guys are way off. Its gota be n'sync.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were a Hanson fan.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm not denying the greatness of Pavement but the last two CDs were... not so good... Slanted & Enchanted is one of the 10 best CDs ever recorded though so they've got that going for them - which is nice.[/QUOTE]

nice caddyshack reference :D

Now, if this were 2 years ago, I would've totally agreed. But now I love Brighten the Corners and I almost like Terror Twilight.

For everyone else.....[geezer rant/] without Pavement, you kids wouldn't have your Weezer or your Decemberists or Bright Eyes or any of this so-called indie rock! do you little brats have any idea what Slanted and Enchanted was recorded on? why it was an analog 4 track, I reckon...they didn't have a G5 or the internet or a home page...they had to get it published by a "label"...and they didn't even have a drummer, they had to use a drunk hippie. why I reckon they sounded worse when they got a real drummer! [/end of geezer rant] :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']nice caddyshack reference :D

Now, if this were 2 years ago, I would've totally agreed. But now I love Brighten the Corners and I almost like Terror Twilight.

For everyone else.....[geezer rant/] without Pavement, you kids wouldn't have your Weezer or your Decemberists or Bright Eyes or any of this so-called indie rock! do you little brats have any idea what Slanted and Enchanted was recorded on? why it was an analog 4 track, I reckon...they didn't have a G5 or the internet or a home page...they had to get it published by a "label"...and they didn't even have a drummer, they had to use a drunk hippie. why I reckon they sounded worse when they got a real drummer! [/end of geezer rant] :lol:[/QUOTE]

But...but...I like Pavement too :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']But...but...I like Pavement too :lol:[/QUOTE]

ha ha, you admitted you're old. that post was a trap! :twisted:

[quote name='Apossum']nice caddyshack reference :D

For everyone else.....[geezer rant/] without Pavement, you kids wouldn't have your Weezer or your Decemberists or Bright Eyes or any of this so-called indie rock! do you little brats have any idea what Slanted and Enchanted was recorded on? why it was an analog 4 track, I reckon...they didn't have a G5 or the internet or a home page...they had to get it published by a "label"...and they didn't even have a drummer, they had to use a drunk hippie. why I reckon they sounded worse when they got a real drummer! [/end of geezer rant] :lol:[/QUOTE]

Except Weezer was formed prior to Pavements release of "Slanted and Enchanted" and the last three Weezer albums don't even sound a little like Pavement.

"best band in the world"

ummmm.... it's a well known fact that Tenacious D is the greatest band in the world! Sorry, can't quote it, but if you search yahoo with "greatest band in the world", who is #2?

[quote name='valor19']Except Weezer was formed prior to Pavements release of "Slanted and Enchanted" and the last three Weezer albums don't even sound a little like Pavement.[/QUOTE]

au contraire-- the blue album was a direct descendant of S+E. but yeah, they can hold their own. i'm just messing around. and nothing will ever top the Buddy Holly video.

Since noone else has the balls to say it, even though they know it to be true in their bitter jealous hearts, I will.

Primus.

[quote name='Ledhed']Since noone else has the balls to say it, even though they know it to be true in their bitter jealous hearts, I will.

Primus.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it because PRIMUS SUCKS. ;-)

[quote name='Apossum']I didn't say it because PRIMUS SUCKS. ;-)[/QUOTE]

It's always nice to meet other fans. And I mean that, and I know you do to.

bread's done
Back