Best bank to get a checking account?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
Right now I have a WaMu checking account, but since I'm under 18, they won't issue me a debit card. I like how they don't charge for checks or charge monthly fees, but I don't like how I'm not able to get a debit card but only an ATM card. I was thinking about switching over to Bank of America because I hear they issue you a debit card no matter how old you are as long as you qualify for a checking account. Is that true? Also, how's Wells Fargo? I want a bank that won't charge monthly fees.

i use bank of america and im very impressed with their services. you can register for an account online or in person and if you know someone with a bank of america account you can do this kind of deal where if you get a checking and savings account you can say they referred you and you both get like 20 or 25 bucks. and you can get a debit card to charge things directly to your savings account.

I have bank of america and it works well. The only thing that I don't like is that they sold my info since I get a call 2-3 times a week asking if I want to purchase life insurance or some sort of credit score report.

i also have bank of america, switched from wamu to them and like it much more. plus i have several family members and friends with it, and we can transfer money between eachother online for free. also if youre a student you can get 5 years of free checking.

[quote name='ispeshaled']Get a Bank of America account. They're located everywhere![/quote]

Everywhere but Alaska.:cry: The only banking options I have here are local credit unions or Wells Fargo.

[quote name='Thongsy']Everywhere but Alaska.:cry: The only banking options I have here are local credit unions or Wells Fargo.[/quote]

But AlaskaUSA FCU is awesome!

Bank of America is a good choice. WaMu - with parental consent used to issue debit cards to minors. I know BoA does - 12 and up. However, I'd pick a credit union over a bank any day. :)

[quote name='joshingit']But AlaskaUSA FCU is awesome![/quote]

Probably true, I just don't want to have to open and close another bank account when I move again. Makes it a hassle to having to keep doing that.

Ok, so I went into a WaMu today and asked if I was allowed to be issued a debit card, and they said maybe, but they went ahead and signed me up for one. If I don't get anything in a week, I didn't get it because I'm not 18 yet, but if I do, then sweet. Let's hope I get it!

I like WaMu very asy to work with when you have problems. I used to have bank of America, its about the same. Stay away from US Bank... and Wells Fargo two of my friends had money disappear from their accounts for no reason.

I have Citibank, and love it. I have had Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Credit Unions. But I still perfer Citibank, see if you qualify for bank at work and get a gold checking account!

Chase has the most ATM's in Chicago. Maybe it's just me, because I know a lot of Chase tellers and reps from going in so much that when I'm in a situtation they can reverse it.

bread's done
Back