Best Batman

snotknocker

CAGiversary!
I'm gonna go with Michael Keaton. He had such a sinister overtone when he played the role. I think it was very cool.

[quote name='snotknocker']I'm gonna go with Michael Keaton. He had such a sinister overtone when he played the role. I think it was very cool.[/quote]

I think that was due to Tim Burton's direction, really. Both Batman and Batman Returns captured the dark gloomy feeling of the comics better then the so-so Forever and the campy slop called Batman & Robin.

Michael Keaton all the way. I do not think anyone can ever touch him as Batman.

When I was a kid I was a big Batman freak. I watched the old show all the time on reruns, had all the toys, and even forced my dad to take me to meet Adam West

Oh Comon' Michael Keaton never beat a shark off his leg with his fists. Also, Adam West got more tail than any Batman in history. His life was a life of sheer debauchery.

Bruce Wayne was the best Batman.
Out of that list, however, you have to choose Adam West. Not only was he Batman, but he was a constant character on Family Guy.

I mean, Val Kilmer, Micheal Keaton and George Clooney haven't done anything nearly so cool.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Oh Comon' Michael Keaton never beat a shark off his leg with his fists. Also, Adam West got more tail than any Batman in history. His life was a life of sheer debauchery.[/quote]

About 3 summers ago, my sister, her boyfriend, and I would stay up until 4 in the morning just to watch all those old episodes in a row.

I am not knocking Adam West, as I love that campy show, but Michael Keaton just has a stronger presence.

None of those options. The best Batman, was the Batman from the animated series. Seriously, if they could put that magic into the movies they make with flesh and blood actors, they would do just as well.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='snotknocker']I'm gonna go with Michael Keaton. He had such a sinister overtone when he played the role. I think it was very cool.[/quote]

I think that was due to Tim Burton's direction, really. Both Batman and Batman Returns captured the dark gloomy feeling of the comics better then the so-so Forever and the campy slop called Batman & Robin.[/quote]
Yes, the first 2 movies were great because of the dark tone. Batman is not suppose to have neon lights everywhere and the "Batcard" credit card. Good god, I almost died of embarassment when Clooney pulled that one out. Special thanks to Joel Schumacher and Akiva Goldsman for ruining a franchise.

[quote name='JSweeney']Bruce Wayne was the best Batman.
Out of that list, however, you have to choose Adam West. Not only was he Batman, but he was a constant character on Family Guy.

I mean, Val Kilmer, Micheal Keaton and George Clooney haven't done anything nearly so cool.[/quote]

Holy tumultuous turmoil JSweeney! POW! ZING! BAM!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']sorry for the double post, but who voted for George Clooney?

he even said he killed the Batman franchise[/quote]
Yeh, he was a bad batman but i dont think it mattered. The script was straight up garbage.

Michael Keaton was the best batman.

Everybody after that was not that good.

Why didn't Michael Keaton stay with the franchise?

I think that that was his only significant role that defined his carreer because he brought to the big screen what so many comic book lovers loved of the Batman series.

Adam West is not bad thoug, but i don't like all the Pows and Jibs and Jee willikers Batman that is on the show.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods'][quote name='CaseyRyback']sorry for the double post, but who voted for George Clooney?

he even said he killed the Batman franchise[/quote]
Yeh, he was a bad batman but i dont think it mattered. The script was straight up garbage.[/quote]

yea I know. I personally do not think he killed batman. It was Schmachers fault

Adam West. You hear his voice, you think Batman. Plainf and simple.

2nd? Val Kilmer. I enjoyed Forever more than 1 and much more than 2.

Batman and Robin does not exist.

Keaten by far, but as for the Clooney comment, I remember that, he made it on Howard Stern, it was more like a group comment, he sure as hell wasn't taking the blame for it all by himself. My guess is he knew the script was crap but wanted a movie role.

Michael Keaton is the best Batman. Kilmer and Clooney killed the character (although the movies didn't give them much to work with). I wasn't a fan of the third or fourth films.

The new movie is supposed to be a daker tale of Batman's beginning so it seems to be more like the first two than than the others. Thank God for that. I don't know if I could handle another crappy neon light filled Batman movie.

batman.jpg

climb.jpg

Keaton by far. You can't have West and Conroy in the mix, they are really in a different category alltogether. That's like comparing the original spiderman voice actor and the TV live action series to the current movies. Nobody would dare compare those, so why compare the old and cartoon batman to the new cinematic ones?

I remember when the first Batman movie was in production and they announced Keaton as the Bat. I thought he'd be terrible. He's too well known for comedic work and wouldn't translate. I was wrong. I think it was the eyebrows, best freaking batman eyebrows of any of the other candidates. That and the self depricating, yet strong, scrupled, deadpan performances.

Michael keaton, absolutely. He played tormented Bruce Wayne, who happened to also be Batman, rather than playing Batman who also happened tobe Bruce Wayne.

bread's done
Back