Best bet for a PS2 in Tokyo

theq87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Right, right, they're practically everywhere I go (silly question, eh?), but I was wondering if any fellow JapanCAGs could give me some pointers finding a cheap one.

If this should go in the regional forum, mods...

Anyway, I keep hearing news of the price drop to $130 in the States (I got here 3 weeks ago, staying 4 months) & I've got cold feet about the standard $180 price around Tokyo. Any word on a price drop here? Is there any significantly cheaper option short of trading something in? They don't seem to be much cheaper used, though I realize that you're getting a system that has actually been inspected.

I've got an original DS I no longer need...exactly...取り替えたいかもしれない.

I'm living in a dorm in Shakujiikouen, attending school & thus in Ikebukuro daily, btw. Akihabara is maybe 30 minutes away?

You can probably get about 14,000 yen trade in for your DS, but no, I haven't seen any cheap PS2s around. You sure you don't need a Japanese Xbox? You get one of those for about 8,000-9,000 yen. ;)

I believe the going rate for a new PS2 is about 19,000 ($161) and a used one is around 17,000 ($145).

Yeah, I think you might be closer than 30 minutes to Akihabara, but as I mentioned, I doubt you will find any cheap PS2s there or anywhere.
No price drop has been announced either.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you do!

May I suggest Yahoo! Of Japan auctions? I'm sorry but Akihabara, most of the time, is the biggest fucking misconception Gaijin have about Japan, myself included or rather I WAS included. It's an overpriced joke usually unless you find some nice clearance stuff that's old, DC, XBox, and some new stuff like XBox 360 otherwise go Yahoo! Of Japan auctions. I really wish people who live in Japan would throughly DEBUNK Akihabara for the gamers who think all their dreams will come true there and the prices may be great or decent or they'll be able to find any old stuff NOT overpriced. Cheapy, I'm looking at you and begging you to PLEASE do this! :whistle2:( Destroy the gamer tourist trap Japan has in Akihabara.

bread's done
Back