Best Bicycle Light?

bigdaddy

Banned
I just fixed up my uncle's older bike and it all good, but I live in an area that's a mix of city, woods and farmland so it's really dangerous to ride with crazy drivers and pitch blackness.  I need some (At least two in the front) decent lights for the bike so I don't get hit.

CARBON_4.jpg

Some assembly required

The best bike light that I have used is made by specialized. It is a 2 setting led light. It has the standard light and a "high beam" .

I just fixed up my uncle's older bike and it all good, but I live in an area that's a mix of city, woods and farmland so it's really dangerous to ride with crazy drivers and pitch blackness. I need some (At least two in the front) decent lights for the bike so I don't get hit.
I invested into a Mako 100 LED light for the front of my bike. Two AA's, can get about 30 hours out of low, 5 hours out of high (I think that's the max time), and it has flashing options that is about 7-10 hours.

I bought this for my Canondale CAAD 10. I bought it from the Chinese source so I don't get ripped off by the Amazon seller (who apparently orders those lights in bulk from China, slaps a English sticker on them and do a 20x markup on Amazon).

It looks nice, has a nice zoom and great for letting others see you but I doubt it can light up a pitch black road. To be honest, I would suggest a bike light + head light + shoulder light combo if you are aiming to light up the road.

P.S. I am a road bike newbie looking to learn, if there are cycling vets here maybe we can create a thread somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KM01XEA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably the best light I've ever bought. 

Since I bought it, I've used it 10 days straight for about an hour long rides eash night and the battery is still strong. The light is great. The curved lens really helps the range, plus you can adjust the size of the lght and focus it more to get a brighter beam or a larger space. 

I've been using it on the lower light setting and that's bright enough to get me through the city each night. 

bread's done
Back