Best Black Friday/seasonal 65"+ TV deals?

Gareee

CAGiversary!
We are considering a new larger than 50" TV purchase for the holiday season.

It looks like the large Misubishi sets are deep discounted, but all have that lamp/mirror deal, with the lamps that last only a few years, so those are out.

We have Galaxy S3 phones with allshare, so samsung TVs are attractive, BUT they seems to be holding price without much in the way of discounts.

We are thinking 65"-70" ideally, smart Tv a plus, and possibly 3D (although it sounds liek there still isn't much content for it)

Any recommendations, or things/brands to avoid?

yeah, I know Tv sales are biggest around the superbowl, but I don't know if the wife wants to wait 2 more months.

I already have a flagship Bravia 55" 3d - but interested in building my first floor home theater since my basement home theater is completed. If you want BIG, CHEAP, and GOOD - You want the Mistu DLP 73" or 82". Pauls TV (Google them) is selling the 73" for $1000 SHIPPED to your door, no taxes, and they unbox it for you. The 82 can be had for $1300 or $1400 (I forget). Everyone raves about the newer DLP's, and no - they are not going to mount on a wall. They need about 1 foot of space back from the wall, which is not bad.

Check them out on amazon, or seriously go to pauls tv website (google it). Pauls will MATCH prices on stuff from other people, but I dont think you will find it cheaper anywhere.

-eX

[quote name='Gareee']We are considering a new larger than 50" TV purchase for the holiday season.

It looks like the large Misubishi sets are deep discounted, but all have that lamp/mirror deal, with the lamps that last only a few years, so those are out.

We have Galaxy S3 phones with allshare, so samsung TVs are attractive, BUT they seems to be holding price without much in the way of discounts.

We are thinking 65"-70" ideally, smart Tv a plus, and possibly 3D (although it sounds liek there still isn't much content for it)

Any recommendations, or things/brands to avoid?[/QUOTE]
It's $100 to get a new lamp from Mitsubishi directly.

We just pulled the trigger on the mitubishi 82" http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/tv/WD-82742 from walt's... they were %75 cheaper than paul's, and we got 16 months no interest financing on it as well.

It looks likes it'll have everything we want plus... the only negative is we have sansung galaxy s3 phones, and had we gotten a samsung, we could have wirelessly mirrored our phone displays from them to the sansung bigscreens, BUT a 70" would have run us about $2400... for a screen quite a bit smaller.

The Sammys had a great feature enhancement, but the Mitsubishi's just delivered more screen, and that was our main point of upgrading to a new tv.. size and possibly 3d.

[quote name='exceed19']I already have a flagship Bravia 55" 3d - but interested in building my first floor home theater since my basement home theater is completed. If you want BIG, CHEAP, and GOOD - You want the Mistu DLP 73" or 82". Pauls TV (Google them) is selling the 73" for $1000 SHIPPED to your door, no taxes, and they unbox it for you. The 82 can be had for $1300 or $1400 (I forget). Everyone raves about the newer DLP's, and no - they are not going to mount on a wall. They need about 1 foot of space back from the wall, which is not bad.

Check them out on amazon, or seriously go to pauls tv website (google it). Pauls will MATCH prices on stuff from other people, but I dont think you will find it cheaper anywhere.

-eX[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to thank you for your reply... that feedback really helped our big holiday purchase decision.

I've had a 73'' DLP from Mitsu for almost a year now. Got it for $1300 through the employee family pricing thing they do. I freaking love it. People say it makes my room feel like a movie theater. It basically is

Good to know. BTW, do you have the wireless dongle? I can't seem to find a chanel/app lineup for these anywhere.

Also, any recommendations about 3d glasses? I found some compatible ones on ebay, but it appears 3d still isn;t popular enough to warrant a lot of forum posts anywhere.

If you wanted a good deal on a popular name-brand TV, like a Samsung, you honestly should've waited till January-February of next year. Those are usually the months where they start clearing out stock so they can bring in the new models in the spring. The best deals on TVs that you're gonna find during the holiday season are usually made by third-tier manufacturers.

We settled on a mitsubishi 82". The price delivered was $1700, and for that size thats a great deal. (Retail price is like $2800) Online was the best way to go price wise, and it looks like Paul's and Walt's are the two go to large screen online sellers.

We still haven't settled on 3d glasses yet.. it looks like even a year later, there is very little 3d content available, though the 2d+ simulated 3d might be attractive for gaming, (And there are quite a number of 3d games)

bread's done
Back