Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2007

I'll say Gamestop since the one near me is good.
I think it might be the only one though.
It's like the 9th wonder of the world or something.

Even though I've had some bad experiences with individual stores/employees this last year, overall I would have to say [highlight]Gamecrazy[/highlight]. They have better trade-in prices than EB/GS and MUCH better stock/selection than Blockbuster/Gamerush. Plus they actually tend to hire people who know at least a bit about games, though YMMV as always with that ;).

Though in terms of where I've bought the most cheap games last year I would have to say [highlight]Kmart[/highlight]. Yes, the stores are a mess and you can never find anyone to help you get games out, but they are a CAG paradise with the unorganized games lacking current price tags. I filled out a good portion of my 360 collection with sub-$7 games from there.

Well, I find that Best Buy consistently has the games I want compared with other B&M retailers. The prices aren't the best (ha!), but there are so many of them that at least I can get what I want a lot of the time.

My nomination: Best Buy

I vote for Circuit City for best and worst. Worst for what they did to speedy, best because I have gotten the most out of their clearance sales. I really like the starting clearance price of $16.96, not cheap enough for ebay hoarders, but cheap enough to pick up most games.

I would vote Target, but their clearance sales have become YMMV, especially in Los Angeles.

Target. They clearance out games fairly fast as well as a bunch of other stuff and the prices drops are fast from 25% to 50% to 75%. Cheap cargo shorts people. $3.98 right now.

Target had some great deals on clearance this year, but since it's already been mentioned I'll nominate Big Lots. I definitely got my money's worth there this year with all the $4-6 PC games.

weird...but I am also nominated TRU because I have bought 4 games there this year...and I honestly don't buy more than 10 games a year...so getting 40% of my business is a big deal.
BB comes in second.

I've managed to get a lot of good clearance from Sears and Kmart. This is mostly due to their lack of competence and high levels of apathy, but that did help me get more games.

For me I'd have to go with Sears. I have been able to get the 110% PM with no problem and found some pretty good gems buried in their clearance bins.

Best Buy for me too. The GC coupons readily available, the drops in price no one knows but on here. Wonderful for me.

Best Buy, cuz they i love the $10 off and 10% off coupons that they kept sending out in 2007

Game Crazy

I haven't had access to a local target/cc/best buy (closest one is like 45 mins away) for deals and GameCrazy did have the best service.

I say Gamestop. Theres one near me where i got to know the guys and they dont harrass me. Nice helpful employees and at least they have what i want when i go in.

GameCrazy. They consistently have good deals and I always get the best service there over any other store. I went to GameCrazy's on both sides of the country last year and I never once got talked down to, blown off, or treated like anything other than a customer they were glad to have.

I have to give compliments to my local Game Crazy. Employees are friendly and not too pushy on preorders, and discount cards. So much so I made my first ever preorder (Guitar Hero Wii) and purchased a discount card as well. They have also resurfaced many used discs for free.

I would have put TRU up there but they almost screwed me out of my Mario Galaxy preorder, only to have the manager "find" one in the back for me. Although I got my copy, I am betting there were others that made a preorder that were not able to pick their's up on release day.

TRU for their deals on Madden, Mario Galaxy and B2G1F. Even their B3G1F deal was nice a couple weeks before Christmas.

I've always liked Best Buy, but now that I have moved there isn't one near me anymore. The Gamestop closest to me is pretty good though. I don't seem to have any of the issues with them that most CAGers complain about here.

Toys R Us, I've gotten so many clearance games and the $25 SMG deal from them this year, easily better than any other retailer around here.

I hate to day it because of what they did to Speedy, but I found the best deals at Circuit City. I also had good luck at K-Mart, although my local store is very disorganized.

bread's done
Back