Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

Was able to pick up both at my store. Seeing the $0.00 total for two games is pretty sweet. Don't know if I'll ever play either one though

Maybe a few days after I get 007 Legends, I'm going to trade it in for $12+. Going to dump that credit with the $50 BB gift card I have to go towards my Amazon PS4 pre-order.

Are Kindle cards a set amount? Also, I've never seen Kindle cards at any of the BB's I've been to and I've check in the card section that they have. I might just ask an employee the next time I go into the store or just get a Visa gift card.

Maybe a few days after I get 007 Legends, I'm going to trade it in for $12+. Going to dump that credit with the $50 BB gift card I have to go towards my Amazon PS4 pre-order.

Are Kindle cards a set amount? Also, I've never seen Kindle cards at any of the BB's I've been to and I've check in the card section that they have. I might just ask an employee the next time I go into the store or just get a Visa gift card.
Kindle cards are $25 or $50, and are in the e-readers section.

Ugh. I renewed back in July and got switched to digital, STILL haven't received any coupons. I finally got the welcome email last week though so I assume I'll get next month's coupons. It's really lame how I get nothing for August, September and October though yet those months count towards my paid subscription.

Really would have liked 007 Legends too. Regardless of all the bad things said about it, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 007 Legends and a King Size Bag of Mini Kit Kats for $2.02

Also, used the coupons online and have confirmation that Protoype 2 shipped.  Just waiting for confirmation on a 2nd copy of 007.

Thanks OP!

Lol and they have the nerve to say GCU is crap and isn't worth it. HAHAHA
LOL, come on man!!

When the hell was the last time you actually used a coupon from GCU?!?!?

Anyways, in for the 2 free games online!! Finally, after nearly 11 months, I used the GCU coupon on something.

Thanks for sharing OP!!

Both my orders got cancelled, I placed an order for each game after getting that error, and now my coupons won't work online because they've been "used".  Great, wonder if it's worth calling Best Buy to deal with this.

I ran by the store and picked up one of each. The cashier didn't care it was $0.00. He just handed me the two games and my receipt. I didn't need to buy any filler items.

Almost miss the old days, where you got as many games as coupons you printed out. "Limit 3", I believe they used to say. Either way, thanks OP.

LOL, come on man!!

When the hell was the last time you actually used a coupon from GCU?!?!?

Anyways, in for the 2 free games online!! Finally, after nearly 11 months, I used the GCU coupon on something.

Thanks for sharing OP!!
Tank tank tank?

Gotta love the BB haters. No good deal = whine. Free games = whine that it's about time! Best buy can never win.

Would love to get in on this. Will just have to wait and see if customer service gets back to me in time. My coupon links aren't working so I shot them an email.

Tank tank tank?

Gotta love the BB haters. No good deal = whine. Free games = whine that it's about time! Best buy can never win.
don't forget about all the pm's from people without subs saying their coupon doesn't work and want you to send them a pdf or pic of your digital coupons.

How are people picking up 2 007 games? Are you using the online code for one of them, and then printing out the physical coupon and then "buying" one at the store?

My local stores are all sold out of Prototype 2, so I asked CS if I could order it through express lane. They got it to work but to my surprise, I got a few bucks in cash back. I was more than satisfied with getting it for free, but I'm really shocked the system actually said to give cash back on it.

I also tried getting a 007 Legends as well but the discount wasn't ringing up. I had a newbie cashier call the manager over and they would not budge saying it's not supposed to apply to a sale price. Despite showing them where it says the coupon applies to CURRENT pricing, they said that the sale price is an "offer" - which is excluded from coupon use. I didn't feel like wasting time arguing when they've already made up their mind when I have another BB a few minutes away anyway.

At store #2, 007 wouldn't total out to $0 - that is until my RZ was put in. That explains why it didn't work at store #1. Once that happened, there was no resistance from the cashier.

Thanks for posting, OP! 

My local stores are all sold out of Prototype 2, so I asked CS if I could order it through express lane. They got it to work but to my surprise, I got a few bucks in cash back. I was more than satisfied with getting it for free, but I'm really shocked the system actually said to give cash back on it.

I also tried getting a 007 Legends as well but the discount wasn't ringing up. I had a newbie cashier call the manager over and they would not budge saying it's not supposed to apply to a sale price. Despite showing them where it says the coupon applies to CURRENT pricing, they said that the sale price is an "offer" - which is excluded from coupon use. I didn't feel like wasting time arguing when they've already made up their mind when I have another BB a few minutes away anyway.

At store #2, 007 wouldn't total out to $0 - that is until my RZ was put in. That explains why it didn't work at store #1. Once that happened, there was no resistance from the cashier.

Thanks for posting, OP!
ok that would explain it, I didn't put in my RZ during checkout. Looks like I'll have to head back out again

Yay, free game! Thanks OP, grabbed the last 360 007 at my local store and it ran through the system perfectly without any fillers!

looks like 007 legends for ps3 is on sale for $20. Will that be a problem when picking up in store since the coupon is for $25?

ok that would explain it, I didn't put in my RZ during checkout. Looks like I'll have to head back out again
Not to sound rude, but why wouldn't you have them add your RZ/myBBY account during checkout when these coupons require you to be a GCU member, which is tied to your RZ/myBBY account...?

looks like 007 legends for ps3 is on sale for $20. Will that be a problem when picking up in store since the coupon is for $25?
You can always get a jerk cashier/manager who will say they won't take the coupon for the reason you stated.

If you don't get any resistance to having them scan the coupon and put your RZ# in, it should work without issue.

I've never seen an @gamer in the mail since summer and my year isn't up yet. Wtf is going on?
Same here. Where can I see past purchases or club membership online? I used to see all past purchases in BBRZ, but my BestBuy only shows online purchases...I'd love to get 007.

Well after getting both online orders cancelled today I decided to stop in after work.  Plenty of copies of both.  Coupons worked without issue (no longer GCU, just GC but I have subscription until 2015). I also picked up a used copy of Borderlands GOTY for $9.99.

Well after getting both online orders cancelled today I decided to stop in after work. Plenty of copies of both. Coupons worked without issue (no longer GCU, just GC but I have subscription until 2015). I also picked up a used copy of Borderlands GOTY for $9.99.
Wasn't there a thread about this and the theory was that it was mislabeled? If you have time, can you look at your SKU?

I wonder if BB just decided to label all of these GOTY games as the regular.

Wasn't there a thread about this and the theory was that it was mislabeled? If you have time, can you look at your SKU?

Yeah it is only labeled as Borderlands on the UPC.

SKU is 799007821472

The front sticker was $9.99 also.

bestbuy does not differentiate between goty , and regular edition for preowned video games. one time, i ordered uncharted 3 preowned for $9.99. when i received it was the uncharted 3 game of the year edition.

bestbuy does not differentiate between goty , and regular edition for preowned video games. one time, i ordered uncharted 3 preowned for $9.99. when i received it was the uncharted 3 game of the year edition.
Well, then that explains it.

the user who made that thread also had fifa 14 for 9.99$ too. imma investigate
I guess that might be the only mistake, then.

Any idea what this issue with the coupon looks like?
Has Watch_Dogs on the front cover. Orange/Black with Aiden Pierce (I think that's the guy from Watch_Dogs' name?) in the front

This is by far the best coupon GCU has ever had. I have been a member since day one but nothing comes close. The coupon works twice in store and online. Got me $19.20 and a free 007 for 360, some people probably traded in both for $38.40 lol. People whine about GCU but want a free coupon from someone? If you would have spent $15 you would have covered that price and more plus got a free game with one coupon, but it's not worth it though right? I also got to Prototype 2s for Christmas presents. 2 people crossed off the list

yea Borderlands GOTY isn't online so they are vanilla price of $9.99 for some reason

the user who made that thread also had fifa 14 for 9.99$ too. imma investigate
it was Tiger Woods 14 actually lol
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321236-tiger-woods-pga-tour-14-masters-edition-and-borderlands-goty-xb360-999-preowned-at-best-buy-ymmv/#entry11144781

Question though, Why do people assume just because some asks for a free coupon, that they also bitched about how much they hated GCU? I always see this brought up.

I can confirm that you can use both the online promo code and the instore coupon for each game. I ordered both last nite (via promotional codes) and they both shipped today and then I printed the coupons went to my local store and got both free again using the instore coupons. Wound up with a 360 copy of 007 Legends, a PS3 copy of 007 Legends and 2 360 copies of Prototype 2

Jesus Christ this game is freaking terrible. I'm not even gonna bother continue playing this garbage. Even for a free game it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Question though, Why do people assume just because some asks for a free coupon, that they also bitched about how much they hated GCU? I always see this brought up.
well to many on here its obvious that they dont have the sub for a reason (they prob think it isnt worth it) and to see them just suddenly ask for coupons that people paid to have acess to just seems kinda silly to some on here. im sure it cant be hard to spend 15$ a year on a sub :)

Jesus Christ this game is freaking terrible. I'm not even gonna bother continue playing this garbage. Even for a free game it left a bad taste in my mouth.
007 right ? yea its a flaming turd. the fact that its held its msrp for so long at 50$ is a mystery smh. goodthing bestbuy will give you 18 tiv for it :D

well to many on here its obvious that they dont have the sub for a reason (they prob think it isnt worth it) and to see them just suddenly ask for coupons that people paid to have acess to just seems kinda silly to some on here. im sure it cant be hard to spend 15$ a year on a sub :)
Well said sir. If you didn't want it then, don't suddenly want it now because something is free.

bread's done
Back