Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

Still doesn't mean that the people who are always outright loud about how much they hate it means they are then begging for a coupon.

Just means we have people who want something for free, lol Which is something completely different.

Either way, just be happy to get a deal and stop caring about it, lol.

007 right ? yea its a flaming turd. the fact that its held its msrp for so long at 50$ is a mystery smh. goodthing bestbuy will give you 18 tiv for it :D
Yeah... I hope the TIV is still 18$ by the time i trade it in tomorrow. I was so close to trading it in today but figure let's give it a try, it can't be that bad can it... Boy was I in for one shitty game.

I wasn't going to renew if I experienced the pain in the butt that others experienced in the late summer, early fall, but I went in store and found the little pamphlet for GCU with the barcode on it next to the gaming kiosk and took it up and checked out no problem.  Got my renew coupons in record time, only a few days.  This was a few weeks ago.  Sometimes we go through dry spells with this program, but even without the 20 rewards for pre orders anymore, it just takes one free game or heavily discounted game to justifiy the cost.

Got my 007 xbox 360 for pickup, soon I'll see how bad it is.

This is by far the best coupon GCU has ever had. I have been a member since day one but nothing comes close. The coupon works twice in store and online. Got me $19.20 and a free 007 for 360, some people probably traded in both for $38.40 lol. People whine about GCU but want a free coupon from someone? If you would have spent $15 you would have covered that price and more plus got a free game with one coupon, but it's not worth it though right? I also got to Prototype 2s for Christmas presents. 2 people crossed off the list
Don't give me any ideas. :)

Yeah GCU is not as great as it used to be but if you said give me $15 and I will give you 3 free games over the next 12 months I would take the chance. This is all on top of the 10% bonuses.

I wasn't going to renew if I experienced the pain in the butt that others experienced in the late summer, early fall, but I went in store and found the little pamphlet for GCU with the barcode on it next to the gaming kiosk and took it up and checked out no problem. Got my renew coupons in record time, only a few days. This was a few weeks ago. Sometimes we go through dry spells with this program, but even without the 20 rewards for pre orders anymore, it just takes one free game or heavily discounted game to justifiy the cost.

Got my 007 xbox 360 for pickup, soon I'll see how bad it is.
you wont play it for anymore than 40 min to an hour, trust me

Wait so it does work both in store and online? I got mine delivered online but I don't mind using it again to get the games for my brother too.

Lucky days! Hopefully there are still more at my local store by tonight or tomorrow.

Don't give me any ideas. :)

Yeah GCU is not as great as it used to be but if you said give me $15 and I will give you 3 free games over the next 12 months I would take the chance. This is all on top of the 10% bonuses.
Don't forget the $10 reward certs for pre ordering games. It used to be $20 but free money is good no matter how much.

Loaded question. This really isnt a deal for me because Best Buy is a 100 mile round trip. Would anybody be able to send me a copy of 007 and I pay you for shipping? PM me.

They wont answer this, cause their moronic logic is flawed.

Sounds like someone's pissed they can't sign up.

Any CAG with half a brain has GCU. Period.

My brother just sent me a pick of his prototype 2 coupon (in store one). If you want it pm me, you must be at least a free GC member to be able to use it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like someone's pissed they can't sign up.

Any CAG with half a brain has GCU. Period.
this and the gamestop pur silver membership is a 30$ combined that everyone on here should have period. if you can spend money on chips, soda amd other junk food during the course of a year then use some of that towards these subs :)

Loaded question. This really isnt a deal for me because Best Buy is a 100 mile round trip. Would anybody be able to send me a copy of 007 and I pay you for shipping? PM me.

Why don't you get it shipped for you?

I actually enjoyed 007 Bloodstone, also courtesy of BBY, this one is worse than that? If so might as well trade it in or sell it as sealed without wasting the time, and save the time for more enjoyable games.

I actually enjoyed 007 Bloodstone, also courtesy of BBY, this one is worse than that? If so might as well trade it in or sell it as sealed without wasting the time, and save the time for more enjoyable games.
bloodstone (besides those horrible driving stages) is the best bond game since the original goldeneye imo. ive been hoping for another third person bond game :(

Well said sir. If you didn't want it then, don't suddenly want it now because something is free.
What's with that? People should only subscribe when there's a good deal. People didn't want it then because the deals sucked. Now there's a good deal and so people want to subscribe. Doesn't matter if it's free or not.

LMAO! Everyone talking about how shit 007 is made me open it an pop it in and well yea it's horrible. I'm getting ready right now to go trade this one in too b4 the TIV tanks.

Whoop dee do congrats? like Daeder said enjoy your free games instead of blindly assuming others asking  for coupons  are haters.

What's with that? People should only subscribe when there's a good deal. People didn't want it then because the deals sucked. Now there's a good deal and so people want to subscribe. Doesn't matter if it's free or not.
Not saying people should have already been subscribed, but regardless if deals suck or not GCU pays for its self. They could have never gave a free game away and it still would be worth $15. GCU is much more than just coupons. You have 12 months of coupons, obviously some months are going to suck and some aren't.

bloodstone (besides those horrible driving stages) is the best bond game since the original goldeneye imo. ive been hoping for another third person bond game :(
Oh yeah I remember the driving stages...

If it is worse than Bloodstone then I'm passing on playing it (once it arrives). I think Bond games have a lot of potential, it's a shame that it never come to fruition besides Goldeneye.

lol Maybe I'm just becoming more salty but i find the fighting in this thread more entertaining than 007 itself. Not as fun as Prototype 2 though. That is a great game :)

No. The physical coupons will work no matter what.

No, you need a valid GCU scanned for the actual discount to trigger. You may get an adjustment without it but that's completely YMMV and not the actual coupon working.

No, you need a valid GCU scanned for the actual discount to trigger. You may get an adjustment without it but that's completely YMMV and not the actual coupon working.
You just have to be a gamers club member. No unlocked needed for the physical coupon.

"Markdowns taken from sale prices. Coupons can be used only one time and must be redeemed by offer expiration date. Full value of Digital Coupon must be used within a single transaction; remaining value will not be saved for future use. Coupon cannot be applied toward Best Buy Gift Cards, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, state recycling fees, installation fees and third-party purchases. Redeemable online only. Coupon cannot be replaced if it is lost, stolen, or if you cancel or return your order. Not redeemable for cash. Not valid as payment on the Best Buy credit card. Valid major credit card required for online purchases.

²Markdowns taken from sale prices. Customer must be a My Best Buy® Gamers Club member to redeem coupon. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or discounts. Not valid on pre-owned games, unless the coupon is for pre-owned game/s. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Valid in store and on in-stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A. and Puerto Rico. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks or on any BestBuy.com® order, including store pickup. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase.
Coupon valid 10/6/13 - 11/2/13."

Got a copy of each game this morning, online, no problem.  This afternoon I tried in-store, and it didn't work.  The guy said it was scanning into the system, but there was no discount applied.  Yes, my RZ number was scanned in as well.  A supervisor was called over and he couldn't make it work.  I didn't feel like pushing the issue since I'd already technically used the coupon online.

Any idea what went wrong?

Picked up my game no problem and my GCU expired on 9/26/13. Girl was kinda shocked, but smiled and hit total, I was on my way!

Typically Best Buy trade values don't drop until Tuesday's. Just picked up my 007, but based on reviews I may just trade in tomorrow and put the credit towards something worthwhile....

how are people getting physical coupons if there membership expired? are you guys just taking them instore?

Thanks, my local Best Buy had 007 Legends in stock and is doing a site-to-store for Prototype 2 so I managed to get one of each.  The digital coupons that can be used on the website (for shipping or for in-store pickup) are the only good thing about the digital magazine subscription.  LOL

Man, just made it before the store closed. Got stuck in traffic on my way, but made it just in time to pick up two copies of 007 and then trade them right back in.
Makes up for me holding Damage, Inc for one day too long.

bread's done
Back