Best Buy: 007 Legends PS3 & 360 $5/ Prototype 2 360 deal is dead no more!

I did it in September.
Did you sign up towards the end of September? You're still more than likely going to start receiving after October if so. At least from my experiences after I renewed/signed up it took a month or more until I started receiving my stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
That totally sucks. Do I get an issue of the defunct magazine after my subscription ends?
you can still access this months magazine. Download the @Gamer app and sign in or go to
atgamermagazine.com then go all the way down to customer service and you can access the mag from there. You can also extend the magazine if they don't send it.

I haven't received any email with an issue in months despite being unlocked till march 2014. Pretty annoying. They just stopped sending em.

I tried using the app, but you can't use the coupons.

I haven't received any email with an issue in months despite being unlocked till march 2014. Pretty annoying. They just stopped sending em.

I tried using the app, but you can't use the coupons.
Contact the BB mods on BB unboxed forums. They will help you out and get you your coupons

Got in on Legends and PT2 before they bumped up the price. Been a while since I got a free game from Best Buy, so getting two freebies makes up for it. Will give Legends to my son for Christmas. Santa Best Buy in the hizzay! lol

Renewed my GCU back at Sept. and received my first copy early Oct. Haven't received my "Welcome Pack" set of coupons though. Shouldn't that be the first ones to be sent out? Regardless, I picked up Legends today for $5.42

Pro tip - put the name of the store in the thread title. Not everyone knows what a "gcu" is (lack of capitalization there made it worse). I fixed it. (Shakes fist - you damn kids with your texting culture resulting in a lack of capitals and punctuation. It drives me insane!)

Having said that, I actually have the paper magazine with these coupons. I was surprised I got it since my membership expired in early September. Now that it costs money, though, it probably isn't worth making the 40 mile round trip to Best Buy. Too bad - would have been one last final, gasp of the GCU program for me.

Pro tip - put the name of the store in the thread title. Not everyone knows what a "gcu" is (lack of capitalization there made it worse). I fixed it. (Shakes fist - you damn kids with your texting culture resulting in a lack of capitals and punctuation. It drives me insane!)

Having said that, I actually have the paper magazine with these coupons. I was surprised I got it since my membership expired in early September. Now that it costs money, though, it probably isn't worth making the 40 mile round trip to Best Buy. Too bad - would have been one last final, gasp of the GCU program for me.
for a second, i thought i saw a ghost, because you are first mod i seen in over a month. Other than cheapy d posting deals. IO, you really to present the idea of adding new/more mods on here. It is like the wild wild west.

for a second, i thought i saw a ghost, because you are first mod i seen in over a month. Other than cheapy d posting deals. IO, you really to present the idea of adding new/more mods on here. It is like the wild wild west.

I haven't seen io in a long time. I've seen Wario64.

Fuc k that noise. The less mods the better.

Found my digital copy. Forgot that I had it under my wife's email, and it was placed in a section for store promos.

Got a 360 Prototype 2 and a PS3 007 already shipped. Grabbed a 360 007 in store last night, and damn it's bad! Thank God I never picked this up for the U.
Traded it back to BB today for $19.20, and grabbed a used PS3 Metal Gear Revengeance with the $10 off used coupon.
I'll definitely be trading the other two in to GameStop when they come in.

Found my digital copy. Forgot that I had it under my wife's email, and it was placed in a section for store promos.

Got a 360 Prototype 2 and a PS3 007 already shipped. Grabbed a 360 007 in store last night, and damn it's bad! Thank God I never picked this up for the U.
Traded it back to BB today for $19.20, and grabbed a used PS3 Metal Gear Revengeance with the $10 off used coupon.
I'll definitely be trading the other two in to GameStop when they come in.
Hopefully you're already aware of this, but be sure to pick up a cheap used game (there's Link's Crossbow Training for $0.49 and lots of $0.99 sports titles) when you trade the Prototype 2 and 007 to Gamestop so you can get 50% extra credit for them.

Well this is why I shop at Gamestop, because BB workers around me never want to help out, and have a smug IDGAF attitude. I know I am one of the few that would take Gamestop over Best Buy, but they only do digital copies of the magazine now? This is the first good deal that stupid @ Gamer has had in the last year, so there is no way in hell im about to give BB $15 with not even knowing if I get the games for free or not. Got that off my chest!

Glad I nabbed my two free copies yesterday and got a copy of Prototype 2 in the mail. Thanks OP, never would have seen this in time otherwise.

YBX87 said:
We're around - reported posts get dealt with so if you are seeing "wild west" stuff report it. I was one of the few mods who posted regularly in Deals threads and I've been busy with work, kids, and my own actual gaming ;).

Hopefully you're already aware of this, but be sure to pick up a cheap used game (there's Link's Crossbow Training for $0.49 and lots of $0.99 sports titles) when you trade the Prototype 2 and 007 to Gamestop so you can get 50% extra credit for them.
I picked up MLB 07 PSP for .89, actually wanted it for my boy, but there are a whole lot of cheap psp games or movies under a buck you can find. It was funny the clerk looked at me like really, and I said oh yeah!

We're around - reported posts get dealt with so if you are seeing "wild west" stuff report it. I was one of the few mods who posted regularly in Deals threads and I've been busy with work, kids, and my own actual gaming ;).
Your own actual gaming? But the funnest game in the world is buying more games. Where is your CAG spirit? :p

Thanks to the OP. I got 007 yesterday for free, but no nearby stores had prototype 2. I didn't feel like driving because I was very sick. I went home and immediately switched to a digital subscription. I should have done it months ago.

Your own actual gaming? But the funnest game in the world is buying more games. Where is your CAG spirit? :p

Thanks to the OP. I got 007 yesterday for free, but no nearby stores had prototype 2. I didn't feel like driving because I was very sick. I went home and immediately switched to a digital subscription. I should have done it months ago.
Did you get the coupons digitally right away?

I'd rather trade them in towards something used that I'm curious to play, and then return it for full credit if I'm not thrilled with it.

did prototype go back up too ? i kind of had a feeling that this was a phantom 2 day weekend sale
My theory is they just tried to get rid of stock of these particular games. It's too much of a coincidence they picked two games that were part of the GCU coupon offers. They raised it a bit today. Then went all the way back up now.

bread's done
Back